the source of all your Carnival information!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the source of all your Carnival information!

discussing every and anything Carnival related

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog inBags by MimiBoots by Afro Chic
Latest topics
» WTS: SELL Apple iPhone 4s 32GB Unlocked
Stamina! Energy! EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 8:19 am by shadow25

» Car Shipping Services
Stamina! Energy! EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 12:24 am by Marishvcard

» 20110 world cup Carnival in Bangladesh
Stamina! Energy! EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 3:13 pm by Marishvcard

» Unlocked Apple iPhone 4 32GB For Sale For $350usd
Stamina! Energy! EmptySat May 07, 2011 8:53 am by mohad33

» in need of custom made indian/apache boots. please help asap :D
Stamina! Energy! EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 10:57 pm by dhalpouriie

» PULSE 8 CARNIVAL 2K11 "OUT OF THE WOODS"
Stamina! Energy! EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 12:44 am by kellyann7

» Post your costume wanted/costume for sale ads...
Stamina! Energy! EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 4:55 pm by twiggy

» More than a carnival: Sweet fuh days!
Stamina! Energy! EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 2:58 am by mafiafran

» Carnival Dreams...
Stamina! Energy! EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 2:58 am by mafiafran

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
Quiche
Stamina! Energy! I_vote_lcapStamina! Energy! I_voting_barStamina! Energy! I_vote_rcap 
carnivalkrisdude
Stamina! Energy! I_vote_lcapStamina! Energy! I_voting_barStamina! Energy! I_vote_rcap 
mjsbunny
saucy_diva
Afro Chic
Black Cherry
socajunkie
Carnival Diva
Carnivaldivaz
browneyeztrini

Stamina! Energy!

Go down 
+6
Canboulay
socajunkie
mjsbunny
Island Soul
Black Cherry
mysti77
10 posters
AuthorMessage
mysti77

Number of posts : 114
Registration date : 2008-09-22

Stamina! Energy! Empty
PostSubject: Stamina! Energy!   Stamina! Energy! EmptyMon Jan 19, 2009 3:52 pm

Does anyone have special tricks they use to make sure they don't feel tired Carnival Monday and Tuesday? I usually load up on carbs Carnival Weekend. Some people say they drink red bull mixed with their alcohol - that makes me feel sick. Usually just the music makes me high! Smile I know some friends that used to take Vitamin B complex? Dunno what that was about though.
Back to top Go down
Black Cherry

Black Cherry

Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2008-09-26

Stamina! Energy! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stamina! Energy!   Stamina! Energy! EmptyMon Jan 19, 2009 9:05 pm

mysti77 wrote:
Does anyone have special tricks they use to make sure they don't feel tired Carnival Monday and Tuesday? I usually load up on carbs Carnival Weekend. Some people say they drink red bull mixed with their alcohol - that makes me feel sick. Usually just the music makes me high! Smile I know some friends that used to take Vitamin B complex? Dunno what that was about though.

I thought that's part of the benefit of all the exercise we doing???? Honestly the only trick (the best really) is sufficient rest the night before. Ironically, Island Soul and I were talking about that same red bull and alcohol combo this past weekend and how it really can be dangerous because they each work in opposite ways; alcohol slows you down and red bull 'speeds' you up. I know it is very popular drink mix but perhaps not the best. Just get as much rest as you can and hope the music is enough to keep you pumping.
Back to top Go down
Island Soul

Island Soul

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2008-09-17

Stamina! Energy! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stamina! Energy!   Stamina! Energy! EmptyMon Jan 19, 2009 11:16 pm

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE DON'T DO THE RED BULL (or any other "energy" drink) COMBINED WITH YOUR ALCOHOL!!!!!!!!! It's a very deadly combination with strenuous activity, dangerous enough when yuh just hangin out, but mix it with the physical activity of carnival - bad news. This combo has put plenty young, healthy people in the ER with sezures and heart attacks.

The B complex thing might help a lil and it's certainly much safer. Your best defense is to keep up your cardio every day right thru til Carnival Monday and try to get at least some sleep both days.
Back to top Go down
mjsbunny

mjsbunny

Number of posts : 355
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Stamina! Energy! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stamina! Energy!   Stamina! Energy! EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 3:52 am

Yeah, I've heard about that IS. I find the way to go is to pace yourself as well. I don't start jumping and wining the place down as I reach the band, but kind of ease into it. I also don't get pissed up early in the day. I carry a little bag that I keep a bottle of water in, so I can sip from it as and when. But just take it easy and enjoy the vibes. And if I'm flagging a little bit (like a little 'itis' after lunch), I might have a red bull, on it's own and ease up on the alcohol.

I also don't go J'Ouvert, so I could have a nice full night's sleep and last with the band until they pull up back in Stanmore Ave. And I go straight home and right to bed so I'm ready to wake up early and get out there on Tuesday. I think it's also important to eat during both days, but especially Tuesday as it's a longer day. I see girls leaving half their lunch behind on Tuesday because they don't want their stomachs to 'swell'. Whatevs! Watch me yam down all that rice and chicken and whatever else there is!
Back to top Go down
http://mjsbunny.blogspot.com/
mysti77

Number of posts : 114
Registration date : 2008-09-22

Stamina! Energy! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stamina! Energy!   Stamina! Energy! EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 6:15 am

nah, not saying that I was donig the red bull and alcohol thing. Red bull on it's own makes me get anxiety attacks! Far less for having it with alcohol!

I was just wondering if anyone has any tips. Last time I played mas was in 2004 - getting older now nuh. I always found that eating carbs the day before helped in the past.

I know all the cardio etc. supposed to help but remember the most you do on a daily basis is 2 hours!

mjsbunny > I always have a problem with food on carnival days because I have problems finding food I like (too fussy!)

Also decided against Jouvert this year. I've done the Jouvert and then play mas thing in the past, but as I said, AH GETTIN OLE! I want to be fresh both days Smile
Back to top Go down
Black Cherry

Black Cherry

Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2008-09-26

Stamina! Energy! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stamina! Energy!   Stamina! Energy! EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 2:08 pm

mysti77 wrote:
nah, not saying that I was donig the red bull and alcohol thing. Red bull on it's own makes me get anxiety attacks! Far less for having it with alcohol!

I was just wondering if anyone has any tips. Last time I played mas was in 2004 - getting older now nuh. I always found that eating carbs the day before helped in the past.

I know all the cardio etc. supposed to help but remember the most you do on a daily basis is 2 hours!

mjsbunny > I always have a problem with food on carnival days because I have problems finding food I like (too fussy!)

Also decided against Jouvert this year. I've done the Jouvert and then play mas thing in the past, but as I said, AH GETTIN OLE! I want to be fresh both days Smile

I figured you wouldn't fool with Red Bull and alcohol since you mentioned it makes you sick. It was more of a cautionary statement to others.

With that said, a page from my marathon training. Yes, the night before the race we would load up on carbs - pasta is a favorite with many. However, during the race a couple of things. 1. We stay hydrated. I usually take advantage of all the drink stops - gatorade/water every 2 miles or so. During the race it's every 16-20 mins, so that would be your carnival conversion since it may take you 2 hours to go 2 miles. 2. Many runners use energy gel packs/goo. I personally do not like the taste of most of them but you should be able to pick some up at your local sports store and try. Also, I would suspect that a lot of the exhaustion comes from the heat more so that physical exertion (wining, chipping) so take advantage of shade when possible. Hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
socajunkie

Number of posts : 182

Stamina! Energy! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stamina! Energy!   Stamina! Energy! EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 3:52 pm

All I need is the music bounce
Back to top Go down
Canboulay

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2008-09-21

Stamina! Energy! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stamina! Energy!   Stamina! Energy! EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 7:31 pm

I does drink alcohol like is juice......so fuh me is juss a constant water re-hydration and pure adrenaline...........if meh natural drive cah carry meh den is time tuh retire
Back to top Go down
http://carnivalmanlaws.wordpress.com/
saucy_diva

saucy_diva

Number of posts : 269

Stamina! Energy! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stamina! Energy!   Stamina! Energy! EmptyWed Jan 21, 2009 7:20 am

Exercise is the best way to get stamina IMO, even if you are not doing it to lose weight just walking builds your conditioning. I tried that red bull and Johnny and could not stand it after a few sips.
Back to top Go down
bachanalmas

bachanalmas

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2008-10-02

Stamina! Energy! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stamina! Energy!   Stamina! Energy! EmptyWed Jan 21, 2009 6:47 pm

the only ting that keeps me going is the music and vybes and right now the vybes are missing they should kick in once i hit that plane seat i hope Idea
Back to top Go down
ms. hershey

ms. hershey

Number of posts : 76

Stamina! Energy! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stamina! Energy!   Stamina! Energy! EmptyThu Jan 22, 2009 12:57 pm

i tend not to drink too much on carnival monday on tuesday. i start the day with tons of gatorade and water (being hydrated is a PLUS) if i can get hold of fruit, i eat that as well for the vitamin and energy boost. when i do decide to drink later in the day, i follow every drink with water, it's key to survival on the road, lol
Back to top Go down
Bizzie Chic

Bizzie Chic

Number of posts : 46

Stamina! Energy! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stamina! Energy!   Stamina! Energy! EmptyMon Jan 26, 2009 11:25 pm

saucy_diva wrote:
Exercise is the best way to get stamina IMO, even if you are not doing it to lose weight just walking builds your conditioning. I tried that red bull and Johnny and could not stand it after a few sips.

Exactly....cardio cardio cardio!!!

In addition to that:
#1 MUSIC
#2 pop a ginseng pill with your daily vitamins

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Stamina! Energy! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stamina! Energy!   Stamina! Energy! Empty

Back to top Go down

Stamina! Energy!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
the source of all your Carnival information! :: Talk Yuh Talk :: Bacchanal Central-
Jump to: