the source of all your Carnival information!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the source of all your Carnival information!

discussing every and anything Carnival related

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog inBags by MimiBoots by Afro Chic
Latest topics
» WTS: SELL Apple iPhone 4s 32GB Unlocked
Back in the Saddle EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 8:19 am by shadow25

» Car Shipping Services
Back in the Saddle EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 12:24 am by Marishvcard

» 20110 world cup Carnival in Bangladesh
Back in the Saddle EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 3:13 pm by Marishvcard

» Unlocked Apple iPhone 4 32GB For Sale For $350usd
Back in the Saddle EmptySat May 07, 2011 8:53 am by mohad33

» in need of custom made indian/apache boots. please help asap :D
Back in the Saddle EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 10:57 pm by dhalpouriie

» PULSE 8 CARNIVAL 2K11 "OUT OF THE WOODS"
Back in the Saddle EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 12:44 am by kellyann7

» Post your costume wanted/costume for sale ads...
Back in the Saddle EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 4:55 pm by twiggy

» More than a carnival: Sweet fuh days!
Back in the Saddle EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 2:58 am by mafiafran

» Carnival Dreams...
Back in the Saddle EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 2:58 am by mafiafran

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
Quiche
Back in the Saddle I_vote_lcapBack in the Saddle I_voting_barBack in the Saddle I_vote_rcap 
carnivalkrisdude
Back in the Saddle I_vote_lcapBack in the Saddle I_voting_barBack in the Saddle I_vote_rcap 
mjsbunny
saucy_diva
Afro Chic
Black Cherry
socajunkie
Carnival Diva
Carnivaldivaz
browneyeztrini

Back in the Saddle

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ms. hershey

ms. hershey

Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back in the Saddle Empty
PostSubject: Back in the Saddle   Back in the Saddle EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 2:35 pm

So... with the launch of Spice and Tribe, we masqueraders are getting a glimpse of what carnival 2k10 is shaping up to look like. Has anybody begun their workout regimen yet? Have you maintained from Carnival 2k9? What will you be doing differently for next year and what has worked well for you thus far? bounce
Back to top Go down
Breeze

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2008-09-25

Back in the Saddle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back in the Saddle   Back in the Saddle EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 12:31 am

Hi Ms. Hershey

I recently begun training for a marathon, I originally said a 10k.... So that's my main exercise now...a little resistance training too.
I've lost 8 pounds and am looking to lose about 20-25 more, especially since my training will increase.

What about you?
Back to top Go down
Black Cherry

Black Cherry

Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2008-09-26

Back in the Saddle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back in the Saddle   Back in the Saddle EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 11:32 am

Hi ladies,

I never stopped my work regime from pre-carnival but my eating was not as good....end result...a couple extra pounds. No biggie. I hope. My focus for 2k10 is lean-ness. Band launch and seeing the costumes was motivation enough for me to kick things back in gear. My knee is much better than this same time last year so I have up'd my running to about 30-40 miles per week to increase my cardio. Within the next couple of months I will increase my weight training from twice per week to three times per week. Eating wise, I am cutting back on the carbs and added 48 grams of protien per day (2 shakes). I think that combination will get me to where I need to be. I want to pace my program so I wouldn't plateau too soon.

Good luck to all!
Back to top Go down
ms. hershey

ms. hershey

Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back in the Saddle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back in the Saddle   Back in the Saddle EmptyTue Aug 25, 2009 10:02 am

Breeze- I must applaud you on training for your 10k. I'm actually contemplating going for a 5K soon but I really need to step up my training to accomplish that. Let us know how that goes for you. with all that training, you'll be set for carnival! Smile

BlackCherry- girl, I slacked off a bit when I got back from carnival this year. honestly, I just didn't want to work out. I was way too lazy, lol. I wasn't a complete sloth though, when the warm weather approached, i took the opportunity to walk home from the city to Brooklyn many evenings and I've since been back in the gym for about a month and a half now. I've got to cut my carbs i know but it doesn't make me very happy, lol. I've got a few inches to take off before carnival so I'm back on it. I just have to pray for the motivation to keep going. lol
Back to top Go down
Black Cherry

Black Cherry

Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2008-09-26

Back in the Saddle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back in the Saddle   Back in the Saddle EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 10:52 am

Ms Hershey,

Check your message inbox....I sent u a message.

Spoke too quickly....knee out of commission. Hadn't been able to run for almost 2 weeks. Ran 5miles this morning and its killing me. No scene, there is still spinning and the elliptical machine. Tried a Zumba class and that was great too.
Back to top Go down
Breeze

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2008-09-25

Back in the Saddle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back in the Saddle   Back in the Saddle EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 11:34 pm

Thanks Ms. Hershey....I got brave and registered for a marathon!!! I don't know what I was thinking, I was a college soccer player and sprinter ... never ran over a mile or two at a time on purpose! (I actually registered in honor of my Uncle who's a cancer survivor cheers .)
I've been doing well training for it, except not much of anything this past week, very busy with business and my kids. Anyway, I'm back on the running trails tomorrow, so yeah, I should be ready! The marathon is in October and I'll keep running after that.

(I want to try Zumba too.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Back in the Saddle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back in the Saddle   Back in the Saddle Empty

Back to top Go down

Back in the Saddle
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
the source of all your Carnival information! :: Talk Yuh Talk :: Bacchanal Central-
Jump to: