the source of all your Carnival information!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the source of all your Carnival information!

discussing every and anything Carnival related

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog inBags by MimiBoots by Afro Chic
Latest topics
» WTS: SELL Apple iPhone 4s 32GB Unlocked
Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good - Page 6 EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 8:19 am by shadow25

» Car Shipping Services
Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good - Page 6 EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 12:24 am by Marishvcard

» 20110 world cup Carnival in Bangladesh
Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good - Page 6 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 3:13 pm by Marishvcard

» Unlocked Apple iPhone 4 32GB For Sale For $350usd
Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good - Page 6 EmptySat May 07, 2011 8:53 am by mohad33

» in need of custom made indian/apache boots. please help asap :D
Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good - Page 6 EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 10:57 pm by dhalpouriie

» PULSE 8 CARNIVAL 2K11 "OUT OF THE WOODS"
Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good - Page 6 EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 12:44 am by kellyann7

» Post your costume wanted/costume for sale ads...
Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good - Page 6 EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 4:55 pm by twiggy

» More than a carnival: Sweet fuh days!
Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good - Page 6 EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 2:58 am by mafiafran

» Carnival Dreams...
Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good - Page 6 EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 2:58 am by mafiafran

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
Quiche
Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good - Page 6 I_vote_lcapWorkout Diary - Yuh look'n Good - Page 6 I_voting_barWorkout Diary - Yuh look'n Good - Page 6 I_vote_rcap 
carnivalkrisdude
Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good - Page 6 I_vote_lcapWorkout Diary - Yuh look'n Good - Page 6 I_voting_barWorkout Diary - Yuh look'n Good - Page 6 I_vote_rcap 
mjsbunny
saucy_diva
Afro Chic
Black Cherry
socajunkie
Carnival Diva
Carnivaldivaz
browneyeztrini

Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good

Go down 
+22
PassionFruit
alycat
yankee arima gyal
**D**
KC
mysti77
lovechild
Carnivaldivaz
boobs
saucy_diva
triniannie82
browneyeztrini
Island Soul
carnivalkrisdude
Afro Chic
mjsbunny
Breeze
socajunkie
ms. hershey
silverpatronus
Quiche
Black Cherry
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
socajunkie

Number of posts : 182
Registration date : 2008-09-17

Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good   Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good - Page 6 EmptyTue Nov 11, 2008 1:53 pm

Black Cherry wrote:
mysti77 wrote:
socajunkie wrote:
mysti77 wrote:
interval training cardio
abs
squats with weights (need to make sure I can wine down low HAHA)
weight training

The squats with weights are great, do you use the machine or are you using free weights Question

cheers cheers

Free weights. The personal trainers in the gym tell me that free weights are better because it also works your core muscles so I don't do any machines. For example, when I work on my arms, I sit on the swiss ball with my legs together. When I first started doing this I was very wobbly but as my 'core' started to strengthen I dont wobble as much.

I also find that when I do free weights I get a better cardio workout (imagine that, cardio from weights!) When I'm on the machines I don't feel my heart race at all, even if I'm using heavier weights than the free weights.

p.s. this is all just information I was given at the gym, and my own opinions - if you disagree, please don't bash me people

I do a lot of free weights squats and lunges as well. For a more advanced set, try squats on the bosu ball (it's the half looking ball with a flat base). It really helps the core since it entails balancing and stability. Other low wining leg exercises include sqaut holds, step ups and leg presses. You can do your squat holds with your back against the wall or without. 45sec-1min increments.

I love the squat holds (on the wall that is) and the leg presses.
Back to top Go down
socajunkie

PostSubject: Re: Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good   Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good - Page 6 EmptyTue Nov 11, 2008 1:58 pm

boobs wrote:
I Know ah starting late but, yesterday was my first actually pilates class and lord did I get stiff exercising once a year for carnival is hard no ass! I really out of shape jjeeezzz!

It will get better. Wink
Back to top Go down
Quiche

Quiche

Number of posts : 514

PostSubject: Re: Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good   Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good - Page 6 EmptyTue Nov 11, 2008 2:53 pm

socajunkie wrote:
boobs wrote:
I Know ah starting late but, yesterday was my first actually pilates class and lord did I get stiff exercising once a year for carnival is hard no ass! I really out of shape jjeeezzz!

It will get better. Wink

trust the Gym Confucsius Laughing

oh wise sage
Back to top Go down
Black Cherry

Black Cherry

Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2008-09-26

PostSubject: Re: Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good   Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good - Page 6 EmptyTue Nov 11, 2008 3:25 pm

Nov 11th
65 mins elliptical
30 mins circuit training
45 mins weight training with PT
(Had to make up for the weekend of misbehaving in POS)
Back to top Go down
socajunkie

PostSubject: Re: Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good   Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good - Page 6 EmptyTue Nov 11, 2008 3:40 pm

Black Cherry wrote:
Nov 11th
65 mins elliptical
30 mins circuit training
45 mins weight training with PT
(Had to make up for the weekend of misbehaving in POS)

Great Workout cheers
Back to top Go down
boobs

boobs

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2008-09-21

PostSubject: Re: Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good   Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good - Page 6 EmptyTue Nov 11, 2008 3:48 pm

wow black cherry hats off too you! I just came back from showing a client a house and I told her to go upstairs and walk around, my damn legs killing me I ain't climbing them steps, so much for being great at my job lol, I'm a mess right now I think the lady push me to hard...

thanks socajunkie but this feels like the first time I'm ever working out in my life, I don't want to loose weight just tone up, the lady told me my muscles are stiff, I don't know what the hell she means but oh well! scratch
Back to top Go down
Black Cherry

Black Cherry

PostSubject: Re: Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good   Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good - Page 6 EmptyTue Nov 11, 2008 4:11 pm

boobs wrote:
wow black cherry hats off too you! I just came back from showing a client a house and I told her to go upstairs and walk around, my damn legs killing me I ain't climbing them steps, so much for being great at my job lol, I'm a mess right now I think the lady push me to hard...

thanks socajunkie but this feels like the first time I'm ever working out in my life, I don't want to loose weight just tone up, the lady told me my muscles are stiff, I don't know what the hell she means but oh well! scratch

A couple of ibuprofens should help. It usually works for me after long runs etc. You also try a warm bath in epson salt.
Back to top Go down
socajunkie

PostSubject: Re: Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good   Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good - Page 6 EmptyTue Nov 11, 2008 6:39 pm

Black Cherry wrote:
boobs wrote:

A couple of ibuprofens should help. It usually works for me after long runs etc. You also try a warm bath in epson salt.

A warm epson salt bath is always good. Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mysti77

Number of posts : 114
Registration date : 2008-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good   Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good - Page 6 EmptyWed Nov 12, 2008 7:35 am

boobs wrote:

What I was told to do is drink lots of water the days after you work out to lessen the muscle pain - and you know what, it really does work for me!

At first I found it difficult to drink the recommended 8 glasses a day (more on exercise days). The trick is not to drink a full glass of water at a time but to have something like a bottle that has the pop up top so that it forces you to take sips - and take sips all day rather than gulp it down. This way you dont need to go to the bathroom all the time as your body will absorb the water rather than just flush it straight out.
Back to top Go down
boobs

boobs

PostSubject: Re: Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good   Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good - Page 6 EmptyWed Nov 12, 2008 11:38 am

great news is the ibuprofen worked, I couldn't find epsom salt in long island so I did a warm bubble bath, either way I feel much better! I have to meet her again for some weight training to day at noon, i'm off work today so I'm set, my body still has pains here and there but not horrible, (note to self never stay away from working out that long yeessshh)

mysti77 I'm gonna try that water routine today, I drink alot of water already but I'll try it the way you suggest.....

on a separate note is it a bad idea to pop 2 ibuprofen before I work out? especially if I know I'm gonna be in pain anyways, is it a good idea or not?
Back to top Go down
Black Cherry

Black Cherry

PostSubject: Re: Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good   Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good - Page 6 EmptyWed Nov 12, 2008 11:58 am

boobs wrote:
great news is the ibuprofen worked, I couldn't find epsom salt in long island so I did a warm bubble bath, either way I feel much better! I have to meet her again for some weight training to day at noon, i'm off work today so I'm set, my body still has pains here and there but not horrible, (note to self never stay away from working out that long yeessshh)

mysti77 I'm gonna try that water routine today, I drink alot of water already but I'll try it the way you suggest.....

on a separate note is it a bad idea to pop 2 ibuprofen before I work out? especially if I know I'm gonna be in pain anyways, is it a good idea or not?

Good tip on the water. As for popping the ibuprofen before you work out....I wouldn't do that. Keep in mind the pain is only temporary. After a few days you wouldn't be experiencing unbearable pain or any pain as a matter of fact. I would stick to taking the ibuprofen if needed after your workout. Besides, I don't think ibuprofen has preventative attributes so you may still end up taking more after you work out. Don't let the soreness stop you though. Doh worry girl, it's just a little lactic acid churning in de muscles and that's a good thing.

Oh and you may try Walmart or CVS for the Epsom salt. I'm not in NY but I recently purchased at those stores.
Back to top Go down
Island Soul

Island Soul

Number of posts : 64

PostSubject: Re: Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good   Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good - Page 6 EmptyWed Nov 12, 2008 12:29 pm

Black Cherry wrote:
boobs wrote:

Good tip on the water. As for popping the ibuprofen before you work out....I wouldn't do that. Keep in mind the pain is only temporary. After a few days you wouldn't be experiencing unbearable pain or any pain as a matter of fact. I would stick to taking the ibuprofen if needed after your workout. Besides, I don't think ibuprofen has preventative attributes so you may still end up taking more after you work out. Don't let the soreness stop you though. Doh worry girl, it's just a little lactic acid churning in de muscles and that's a good thing.

Oh and you may try Walmart or CVS for the Epsom salt. I'm not in NY but I recently purchased at those stores.

Actually ibuprofen works better the earlier it is taken. If you KNOW you will have pain you can take it about an hour before the pain should start, but workout pain doesn't usually start while you are exercising. As a matter of fact the workout usually warms up the muscles and eases the pain. Until you get to the point it doesn't hurt anymore the better way would be to take the ibuprofen as soon as the 1st hint of pain (don't wait until it gets bad) or an hour before you have been able to predict the pain usually starts. The really impt thing with the pain that occurs shortly after workout is water. Like BC said that burning (as opposed to the stiffness that occurs later) is due to lactic acid buildup and you need lots of water to flush that out.
Back to top Go down
Black Cherry

Black Cherry

PostSubject: Re: Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good   Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good - Page 6 EmptyWed Nov 12, 2008 1:25 pm

Island Soul wrote:
Black Cherry wrote:
boobs wrote:

Actually ibuprofen works better the earlier it is taken. If you KNOW you will have pain you can take it about an hour before the pain should start, but workout pain doesn't usually start while you are exercising. As a matter of fact the workout usually warms up the muscles and eases the pain. Until you get to the point it doesn't hurt anymore the better way would be to take the ibuprofen as soon as the 1st hint of pain (don't wait until it gets bad) or an hour before you have been able to predict the pain usually starts. The really impt thing with the pain that occurs shortly after workout is water. Like BC said that burning (as opposed to the stiffness that occurs later) is due to lactic acid buildup and you need lots of water to flush that out.

The Doctor has spoken! Thanks I/S. Boobs....take de pain like a big girl. That pales in comparison to how we will feel come Ash Wednesday ent????
Back to top Go down
Black Cherry

Black Cherry

PostSubject: Re: Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good   Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good - Page 6 EmptyWed Nov 12, 2008 3:50 pm

Nov 12th
45 mins spin & 30 mins elliptical
Back to top Go down
socajunkie

PostSubject: Re: Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good   Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good - Page 6 EmptyWed Nov 12, 2008 3:55 pm

Nov 11th

46 flights of stairs and abs

Nov 12th

71 flights of stairs and 30 min on treadmill
Back to top Go down
boobs

boobs

PostSubject: Re: Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good   Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good - Page 6 EmptyWed Nov 12, 2008 7:34 pm

well I did pretty good with the weights, I was actually proud of myself, my upper body hurts more than my lower body but it's not ridiculous, I am looking forward to when the pain stops I don't know when that is though, hopefully it's soon lol
Back to top Go down
Island Soul

Island Soul

Number of posts : 64

PostSubject: Re: Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good   Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good - Page 6 EmptyThu Nov 13, 2008 12:54 pm

Black Cherry wrote:
Island Soul wrote:
Black Cherry wrote:
boobs wrote:

The Doctor has spoken! Thanks I/S. Boobs....take de pain like a big girl. That pales in comparison to how we will feel come Ash Wednesday ent????

lol!
Back to top Go down
Black Cherry

Black Cherry

PostSubject: Re: Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good   Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good - Page 6 EmptyThu Nov 13, 2008 4:49 pm

Nov 13th
1 hr weight training with P/T.
Back to top Go down
socajunkie

PostSubject: Re: Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good   Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good - Page 6 EmptyThu Nov 13, 2008 6:14 pm

Nov 13th

69 Flights of stairs
Back to top Go down
mysti77

PostSubject: Re: Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good   Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good - Page 6 EmptyThu Nov 13, 2008 6:24 pm

Back to top Go down
Quiche

Quiche

Number of posts : 514

PostSubject: Re: Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good   Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good - Page 6 EmptyThu Nov 13, 2008 8:20 pm

socajunkie wrote:
Nov 13th

69 Flights of stairs

i vote u go buy a pedometer .. and report ur steps cheers
Back to top Go down
Breeze

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2008-09-25

PostSubject: Re: Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good   Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good - Page 6 EmptyFri Nov 14, 2008 2:59 am

Ah been stickin this month. Gettin back on track.

Nov 13th
35 min elliptical
20 min circuit
Back to top Go down
mysti77

PostSubject: Re: Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good   Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good - Page 6 EmptyFri Nov 14, 2008 6:18 am

13th Nov:

Weight training
tonnes of squats with weights too Smile
interval training on the treadmil
Back to top Go down
Black Cherry

Black Cherry

PostSubject: Re: Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good   Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good - Page 6 EmptyFri Nov 14, 2008 4:32 pm

Friday Nov 14th
45min spin class
30min Wallyball
15min abs
Back to top Go down
mysti77

PostSubject: Re: Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good   Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good - Page 6 EmptySat Nov 15, 2008 11:01 am

15th Nov - same as always!

Thinking of a 2 hour walk/run/jog tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good   Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good
Page 6 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 17  Next