the source of all your Carnival information!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the source of all your Carnival information!

discussing every and anything Carnival related

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog inBags by MimiBoots by Afro Chic
Latest topics
» WTS: SELL Apple iPhone 4s 32GB Unlocked
Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good - Page 17 EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 8:19 am by shadow25

» Car Shipping Services
Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good - Page 17 EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 12:24 am by Marishvcard

» 20110 world cup Carnival in Bangladesh
Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good - Page 17 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 3:13 pm by Marishvcard

» Unlocked Apple iPhone 4 32GB For Sale For $350usd
Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good - Page 17 EmptySat May 07, 2011 8:53 am by mohad33

» in need of custom made indian/apache boots. please help asap :D
Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good - Page 17 EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 10:57 pm by dhalpouriie

» PULSE 8 CARNIVAL 2K11 "OUT OF THE WOODS"
Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good - Page 17 EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 12:44 am by kellyann7

» Post your costume wanted/costume for sale ads...
Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good - Page 17 EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 4:55 pm by twiggy

» More than a carnival: Sweet fuh days!
Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good - Page 17 EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 2:58 am by mafiafran

» Carnival Dreams...
Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good - Page 17 EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 2:58 am by mafiafran

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
Quiche
Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good - Page 17 I_vote_lcapWorkout Diary - Yuh look'n Good - Page 17 I_voting_barWorkout Diary - Yuh look'n Good - Page 17 I_vote_rcap 
carnivalkrisdude
Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good - Page 17 I_vote_lcapWorkout Diary - Yuh look'n Good - Page 17 I_voting_barWorkout Diary - Yuh look'n Good - Page 17 I_vote_rcap 
mjsbunny
saucy_diva
Afro Chic
Black Cherry
socajunkie
Carnival Diva
Carnivaldivaz
browneyeztrini

Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good

Go down 
+22
PassionFruit
alycat
yankee arima gyal
**D**
KC
mysti77
lovechild
Carnivaldivaz
boobs
saucy_diva
triniannie82
browneyeztrini
Island Soul
carnivalkrisdude
Afro Chic
mjsbunny
Breeze
socajunkie
ms. hershey
silverpatronus
Quiche
Black Cherry
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 15, 16, 17
AuthorMessage
Black Cherry

Black Cherry

Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2008-09-26

Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good   Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good - Page 17 EmptyFri Jan 30, 2009 4:03 pm

mysti77 wrote:
I have upped my cardio and now there are problems. Shin splints to be exact. I used to get them all the time but good shoes and losing weight have really helped. But now that my running is more intense and more frequent I don't think my shins pains are recovering in time for my next session and it makes it really painful. I don't know what to do because it's crunch time and I still have some fat to shift, but I REALLY don't want Carnival Monday and Tuesday to come and I am in pain Sad

I would have tried other cardio but running is where I burn the most calories as I tend to do it with the most effort.

Mysti77 fear not. I have knee issues and I have to limit high contact aerobic activity, i.e. running. And for me too, running burns the highest calories. I am a runner, I love running however, in order to protect my knees come "wining day"I have decided to increase the cardio and alternate between the spinning classes and various elliptical machines. I limit running to no more than twice per week, running 6-7 miles each time. I am not sure what all you have available to you but I have found ways to get high impact cardio other than running. I also use a heart rate monitor so I measure my calories burned and heart rate as a benchmark for my level of intensity. I am so careful now with my knees that I decided no heels until after carnival....trying hard to protect dem knees!
Back to top Go down
carnivalkrisdude

carnivalkrisdude

Number of posts : 434
Registration date : 2008-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good   Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good - Page 17 EmptyFri Jan 30, 2009 4:29 pm

this morning.......... 20 in bike....... worked legs.... 20 min ab session
Back to top Go down
mysti77

Number of posts : 114
Registration date : 2008-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good   Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good - Page 17 EmptySun Feb 01, 2009 6:02 pm

Black Cherry > I ran today and no shin splints, I think it was because the extra runs I did were on the road and not on a treadmill. It seems that running on the road makes it act up. Only problem is that the only time I can fit in extra cardio is during my lunch hour and if I have to make it to the gym it severly cuts out my time Sad
Back to top Go down
Black Cherry

Black Cherry

PostSubject: Re: Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good   Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good - Page 17 EmptyMon Feb 02, 2009 9:12 am

mysti77 wrote:
Black Cherry > I ran today and no shin splints, I think it was because the extra runs I did were on the road and not on a treadmill. It seems that running on the road makes it act up. Only problem is that the only time I can fit in extra cardio is during my lunch hour and if I have to make it to the gym it severly cuts out my time Sad

Glad to hear that. Two weeks and counting. When are you leaving for Trinidad?
Back to top Go down
Black Cherry

Black Cherry

PostSubject: Re: Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good   Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good - Page 17 EmptyMon Feb 02, 2009 9:13 am

Sat Jan 31st - 1hr 45min spin
Sun Feb 1st - 1hr 15min weights & 45 mins elliptical
Back to top Go down
ms. hershey

ms. hershey

Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2008-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good   Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good - Page 17 EmptyMon Feb 02, 2009 11:14 am

mysti77 wrote:

running on the street will definitely make your shin splints act up mysti. no matter how good your sneakers are, they still won't be able to absorb all that shock from the pavement and that's where the shin splints come from. a treadmill is definitely the best bet for you.

1/30 - danced from 1am to 4:30am in a fete. i went home soaked and feeling like i had some damn good cardio
1/31 - 1hr. yoga, 20 min. abs
Back to top Go down
Black Cherry

Black Cherry

PostSubject: Re: Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good   Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good - Page 17 EmptyTue Feb 03, 2009 3:49 pm

Tue Feb 3rd
65 min elliptical
1 hr weight training with PT
Back to top Go down
Black Cherry

Black Cherry

PostSubject: Re: Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good   Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good - Page 17 EmptyWed Feb 04, 2009 8:28 pm

Wed Feb 4th
45 min Spin
15 min Abs
Sprints

Ms Hershey, Msjbunny, Passionfruit, Mysti77, Socajunkie - ah done. No more posting to this topic fo me. By this time in 2 weeks I will be watching the time and awaiting the plane to land. It has been a pleasure reading all the comments from other workout junkies like me....and to that end I know we will gracefully wear our costumes for 2k9. The saga continues for me at the gym carnival season or not and I will continue my workouts up until the day before I leave (once I get meh hair done that's it). Perhaps if there really is a bloggers lime we will meet up!

Passionfruit - By the way. Loved your website. Who knows maybe one day I will be in competition form and I know now where to get my gear!
Back to top Go down
ms. hershey

ms. hershey

PostSubject: Re: Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good   Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good - Page 17 EmptyThu Feb 05, 2009 2:15 pm

Black Cherry wrote:
Wed Feb 4th
45 min Spin
15 min Abs
Sprints

Ms Hershey, Msjbunny, Passionfruit, Mysti77, Socajunkie - ah done. No more posting to this topic fo me. By this time in 2 weeks I will be watching the time and awaiting the plane to land. It has been a pleasure reading all the comments from other workout junkies like me....and to that end I know we will gracefully wear our costumes for 2k9. The saga continues for me at the gym carnival season or not and I will continue my workouts up until the day before I leave (once I get meh hair done that's it). Perhaps if there really is a bloggers lime we will meet up!

Passionfruit - By the way. Loved your website. Who knows maybe one day I will be in competition form and I know now where to get my gear!
aw man, you're leaving us? Sad *singing* Please doooonnnnn't goooo!!!! LOL

seriously though, if there it's been a pleasure conversing and exchanging ideas on fitness with you. hopefully there is a bloggers lime. if so, i'm there! i too will be working out until the night before i take off. gotta make sure all is well for my costume and the ROAD!!

Feb 4th - spin 45 minutes
abs - 20 minutes
Back to top Go down
mysti77

Number of posts : 114
Registration date : 2008-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good   Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good - Page 17 EmptyThu Feb 05, 2009 3:03 pm

Black Cherry - try to keep it up as much as you can. I've stopped posting details here because it's too hard to remember to put it on (sometimes to be honest I'm too shattered to log on and update). I still come on here for inspiration though!

I'll be working out until Carnival Friday. I plan to do some cardio in Trini just to try to keep it up ya know.

I'll be home in less than a week!! YAY!!!

p.s. this week has been VERY bad on the diet, we've had snow 'storms' which meant I was stuck in the house working from home. Goin to the gym now to try to burn some calories!
Back to top Go down
PassionFruit

PassionFruit

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2009-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good   Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good - Page 17 EmptyThu Feb 05, 2009 3:42 pm

Thanks Ms Hershey - I am certainly not a competitor, nor will I ever be one, but my new line of blinged up bikinis is almost ready for the site, and these are great for everyone! Even yours truly - who'da ever thought?

I am also struggling with the diet and working out this week. Feeling a bit off for some reason. Oh well, next week is the last big week for me before I come down on the 14th, so it will be diet mania here at my house. We shall see, but overall I am happy with how I look and feel. Hope I feel the same way when I pick up my costume. Lordie!
Back to top Go down
cafe

cafe

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2008-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good   Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good - Page 17 EmptyThu Feb 05, 2009 5:07 pm

Hey Mysti,
I hear that..I stayed home on Monday have done any personal training for the week. Embarassed
Next week last big push...I'm here have a large glass of port!! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
ms. hershey

ms. hershey

PostSubject: Re: Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good   Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good - Page 17 EmptyFri Feb 06, 2009 10:54 am

Feb. 5th - ran 2 miles
20 min. elliptical
20 min. abs
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good   Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good - Page 17 Empty

Back to top Go down

Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good
Page 17 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 15, 16, 17