the source of all your Carnival information!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the source of all your Carnival information!

discussing every and anything Carnival related

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog inBags by MimiBoots by Afro Chic
Latest topics
» WTS: SELL Apple iPhone 4s 32GB Unlocked
Today's Bacchanal .... - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 8:19 am by shadow25

» Car Shipping Services
Today's Bacchanal .... - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 12:24 am by Marishvcard

» 20110 world cup Carnival in Bangladesh
Today's Bacchanal .... - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 3:13 pm by Marishvcard

» Unlocked Apple iPhone 4 32GB For Sale For $350usd
Today's Bacchanal .... - Page 2 EmptySat May 07, 2011 8:53 am by mohad33

» in need of custom made indian/apache boots. please help asap :D
Today's Bacchanal .... - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 10:57 pm by dhalpouriie

» PULSE 8 CARNIVAL 2K11 "OUT OF THE WOODS"
Today's Bacchanal .... - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 12:44 am by kellyann7

» Post your costume wanted/costume for sale ads...
Today's Bacchanal .... - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 4:55 pm by twiggy

» More than a carnival: Sweet fuh days!
Today's Bacchanal .... - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 2:58 am by mafiafran

» Carnival Dreams...
Today's Bacchanal .... - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 2:58 am by mafiafran

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
Quiche
Today's Bacchanal .... - Page 2 I_vote_lcapToday's Bacchanal .... - Page 2 I_voting_barToday's Bacchanal .... - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
carnivalkrisdude
Today's Bacchanal .... - Page 2 I_vote_lcapToday's Bacchanal .... - Page 2 I_voting_barToday's Bacchanal .... - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
mjsbunny
saucy_diva
Afro Chic
Black Cherry
socajunkie
Carnival Diva
Carnivaldivaz
browneyeztrini

Today's Bacchanal ....

Go down 
+8
carnivalkrisdude
S
Carnivaldivaz
Afro Chic
Carnival Diva
KC
mimi
saucy_diva
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
browneyeztrini

browneyeztrini

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2008-09-23

Today's Bacchanal .... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Today's Bacchanal ....   Today's Bacchanal .... - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 06, 2008 12:48 pm

saucy_diva wrote:
browneyeztrini wrote:
saucy_diva wrote:
And I forgot to add that when the costumes ent reach on time or stuck in customs is a next drama.

Yup we all complain this year and ready to pay more next year.. self included Embarassed

This is EXACTLY what happened to me last year playing with Evolution for the first time. Apparently the feathers for our costume was stuck in customs...only to find out THE ENTIRE SECTION, costume and all was stuck...when did they tell us this? CARNIVAL SUNDAY AFTERNOON!!!!!

What upset me most was the unprofessionalism. They had told us to pick up our costumes on Thursday. We went Thursday, they said they weren't finished to come back on Saturday. Went Saturday, got the same story and was told to come back on Sunday. When we went Sunday is when they felt to tell us this foolishness. I think the story should have been told from the start instead of lying to the client. I tell everybody and they mummy not to bother with Evolution again!!!!

They imported from Pekar India... the whole costume.. except headpieces. Did you get a refund?

Yeah, they said the headpieces were apparently coming from Toronto. I sure did get a refund...and the man h ad the NERVE to ask me if I wanted back exact change. I told him that they didn't let me round the price down so why wouldn't I want back every penny!
Back to top Go down
saucy_diva

saucy_diva

Number of posts : 269
Registration date : 2008-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Today's Bacchanal ....   Today's Bacchanal .... - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 06, 2008 1:11 pm

Carnivaldivaz wrote:
The importing business is crazy.

Why is it that a certain band has been black listed for getting their merchandise from a certain vendor. Now merchants are afraid to speak up or say anything becuase they need the business.

Also another band is causing all this drama about deadlines that was givin to them, have not even out down a deposit to start production.

This thing is getting serious.

with that said a couple of Tribesection and any sections being done by Richard and Anthony productions are either complete or soon to be completed.

Papa yo!! I get the second band but not the first.. were they black listed for not paying monies owed? Oh on that note I hear that some bands have printed their books with a whole list of Sponsors that not even affiliated with the band!!

I have been to Richard and Anthony's production facility/camp and yes , they have started working on their sections as well as Caged Canary. I also heard several other sections are being worked on as well.. but they do have ONE section coming from C H I N A What a Face
Back to top Go down
saucy_diva

saucy_diva

PostSubject: Re: Today's Bacchanal ....   Today's Bacchanal .... - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 06, 2008 1:13 pm

browneyeztrini wrote:
saucy_diva wrote:
browneyeztrini wrote:
saucy_diva wrote:
And I forgot to add that when the costumes ent reach on time or stuck in customs is a next drama.

Yup we all complain this year and ready to pay more next year.. self included Embarassed

This is EXACTLY what happened to me last year playing with Evolution for the first time. Apparently the feathers for our costume was stuck in customs...only to find out THE ENTIRE SECTION, costume and all was stuck...when did they tell us this? CARNIVAL SUNDAY AFTERNOON!!!!!

What upset me most was the unprofessionalism. They had told us to pick up our costumes on Thursday. We went Thursday, they said they weren't finished to come back on Saturday. Went Saturday, got the same story and was told to come back on Sunday. When we went Sunday is when they felt to tell us this foolishness. I think the story should have been told from the start instead of lying to the client. I tell everybody and they mummy not to bother with Evolution again!!!!

They imported from Pekar India... the whole costume.. except headpieces. Did you get a refund?

Yeah, they said the headpieces were apparently coming from Toronto. I sure did get a refund...and the man h ad the NERVE to ask me if I wanted back exact change. I told him that they didn't let me round the price down so why wouldn't I want back every penny!

They owing you a refund BIG TIME.. that is just bad business!
Back to top Go down
browneyeztrini

browneyeztrini

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2008-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Today's Bacchanal ....   Today's Bacchanal .... - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 06, 2008 1:25 pm

saucy_diva wrote:
Carnivaldivaz wrote:

Why is it that a certain band has been black listed for getting their merchandise from a certain vendor. Now merchants are afraid to speak up or say anything becuase they need the business.

Also another band is causing all this drama about deadlines that was givin to them, have not even out down a deposit to start production.

with that said a couple of Tribesection and any sections being done by Richard and Anthony productions are either complete or soon to be completed.

Papa yo!! I get the second band but not the first.. were they black listed for not paying monies owed? Oh on that note I hear that some bands have printed their books with a whole list of Sponsors that not even affiliated with the band!!

I have been to Richard and Anthony's production facility/camp and yes , they have started working on their sections as well as Caged Canary. I also heard several other sections are being worked on as well.. but they do have ONE section coming from C H I N A What a Face

Do these bands think we, the masqueraders, are too stupid to not research and figure things out? It's the same as seeing costumes from other places resurrected in TT and vice versa, i.e. two sections from various bands for 2009
Back to top Go down
Quiche

Quiche

Number of posts : 514

PostSubject: Re: Today's Bacchanal ....   Today's Bacchanal .... - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 06, 2008 1:28 pm

daz why u pay for de experience Laughing

drinks never cause no problems yet cheers
Back to top Go down
Carnivaldivaz

Carnivaldivaz

Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2008-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Today's Bacchanal ....   Today's Bacchanal .... - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 06, 2008 1:49 pm

saucy_diva wrote:
Carnivaldivaz wrote:

But even their imported section is in production. How do you have a band with some sections/ Frontlines sold out and you have not paid the deposit to start production. That is madness. then want to blame the vendor for not producing ontime. The reason why band launches so early is for this same reason. To use the money to start production.
Back to top Go down
http://www.carnivaldivaz.com
saucy_diva

saucy_diva

PostSubject: Re: Today's Bacchanal ....   Today's Bacchanal .... - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 06, 2008 1:59 pm

Carnivaldivaz wrote:
saucy_diva wrote:
Carnivaldivaz wrote:

But even their imported section is in production. How do you have a band with some sections/ Frontlines sold out and you have not paid the deposit to start production. That is madness. then want to blame the vendor for not producing ontime. The reason why band launches so early is for this same reason. To use the money to start production.

Madness is joke, I wish them luck..
Back to top Go down
ms. hershey

ms. hershey

Number of posts : 76

PostSubject: Re: Today's Bacchanal ....   Today's Bacchanal .... - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 07, 2008 11:06 am

Carnivaldivaz wrote:
saucy_diva wrote:
Carnivaldivaz wrote:

that's the epitome of bad business.
Back to top Go down
dajewel1982

Number of posts : 44

PostSubject: Re: Today's Bacchanal ....   Today's Bacchanal .... - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 23, 2008 11:52 am

oh gosh, and i was really thinking about one of their sections...still...
Back to top Go down
saucy_diva

saucy_diva

PostSubject: Re: Today's Bacchanal ....   Today's Bacchanal .... - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 23, 2008 11:33 pm

Gosh I get the story on this one and from what I heard it is a bit more complicated than that.. the suppliers want FULL Payment upfront.. hmm
Back to top Go down
Quiche

Quiche

PostSubject: Re: Today's Bacchanal ....   Today's Bacchanal .... - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 23, 2008 11:55 pm

lawd.. what kinda turnaround time they promising ?
Back to top Go down
Carnivaldivaz

Carnivaldivaz

PostSubject: Re: Today's Bacchanal ....   Today's Bacchanal .... - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 24, 2008 1:32 pm

saucy_diva wrote:
Gosh I get the story on this one and from what I heard it is a bit more complicated than that.. the suppliers want FULL Payment upfront.. hmm

Of course Saucy, but thats because they got stuck with an entire section last year. This band is new clients to the manufacturer, so they havent formed a relationship yet. They can do it section by section though, because the outside sections are in production.
Back to top Go down
saucy_diva

saucy_diva

PostSubject: Re: Today's Bacchanal ....   Today's Bacchanal .... - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 24, 2008 7:52 pm

Carnivaldivaz wrote:
saucy_diva wrote:

Of course Saucy, but thats because they got stuck with an entire section last year. This band is new clients to the manufacturer, so they havent formed a relationship yet. They can do it section by section though, because the outside sections are in production.

Yes but imagine paying in FULL for an entire band in your first year... pressure!!! I hear TRIBE does pay in full upfront, they doh even ask for discounts. My source said not to fear there will be costumes on time... we shall see
Back to top Go down
Quiche

Quiche

PostSubject: Re: Today's Bacchanal ....   Today's Bacchanal .... - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 24, 2008 8:02 pm

chances are if yuh paying in full upfront .. yuh does don't have to ask fuh a discount Laughing

dey getting "preferred" rate
Back to top Go down
carnivalkrisdude

carnivalkrisdude

Number of posts : 434

PostSubject: Re: Today's Bacchanal ....   Today's Bacchanal .... - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 24, 2008 8:58 pm

Quiche wrote:
chances are if yuh paying in full upfront .. yuh does don't have to ask fuh a discount Laughing

dais rel nice eengleesh
Back to top Go down
Quiche

Quiche

PostSubject: Re: Today's Bacchanal ....   Today's Bacchanal .... - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 24, 2008 9:15 pm

carnivalkrisdude wrote:
Quiche wrote:

dais rel nice eengleesh

yes dat iz good edumacation cheers

u not nearly don't kno Razz
Back to top Go down
carnivalkrisdude

carnivalkrisdude

PostSubject: Re: Today's Bacchanal ....   Today's Bacchanal .... - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 25, 2008 1:52 am

Quiche wrote:
carnivalkrisdude wrote:
Quiche wrote:

dais rel nice eengleesh

yes dat iz good edumacation cheers

u not nearly don't kno Razz

lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
saucy_diva

saucy_diva

PostSubject: Re: Today's Bacchanal ....   Today's Bacchanal .... - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 25, 2008 8:50 am

Quiche wrote:

Not from what I heard, they pay more for supplies that the other bands that beg for discount.. if the supplier says it costs 15.00 *from what I heard* TRIBE will pay the 15.00.. another band will try and beat that down to $10.00.. comprende?
Back to top Go down
Quiche

Quiche

PostSubject: Re: Today's Bacchanal ....   Today's Bacchanal .... - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 25, 2008 2:34 pm

cool.. guess they set their pricing to match their costs
Back to top Go down
saucy_diva

saucy_diva

PostSubject: Re: Today's Bacchanal ....   Today's Bacchanal .... - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 25, 2008 4:48 pm

Quiche wrote:
cool.. guess they set their pricing to match their costs

exactly !!!
Back to top Go down
Carnivaldivaz

Carnivaldivaz

PostSubject: Re: Today's Bacchanal ....   Today's Bacchanal .... - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 25, 2008 7:13 pm

saucy_diva wrote:
Quiche wrote:

Not from what I heard, they pay more for supplies that the other bands that beg for discount.. if the supplier says it costs 15.00 *from what I heard* TRIBE will pay the 15.00.. another band will try and beat that down to $10.00.. comprende?

Tribe a few other designers and bands pay whatever the cost is to ensure quality control and to receive their goods on time.
I know a couple of vendors that tribe use and if the quality is not up to par they will go else where. I never heard them complain about Tribe or Island People or even Richard and Anthony. I wonder if these other bands realize that their poor business ethics is giving them a bad reputation.
Back to top Go down
dajewel1982

PostSubject: Re: Today's Bacchanal ....   Today's Bacchanal .... - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 27, 2008 11:15 am

oh gosh!!!! pressure!!!!
Back to top Go down
carnivalkrisdude

carnivalkrisdude

PostSubject: Re: Today's Bacchanal ....   Today's Bacchanal .... - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 28, 2008 6:24 am

Carnivaldivaz wrote:
saucy_diva wrote:
Quiche wrote:

Tribe a few other designers and bands pay whatever the cost is to ensure quality control and to receive their goods on time.
I know a couple of vendors that tribe use and if the quality is not up to par they will go else where. I never heard them complain about Tribe or Island People or even Richard and Anthony. I wonder if these other bands realize that their poor business ethics is giving them a bad reputation.

do you think they are, cause it seems they just in it to make some bucks
Back to top Go down
dajewel1982

PostSubject: Re: Today's Bacchanal ....   Today's Bacchanal .... - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 28, 2008 9:14 am

saucy, can you give us a heads-up that they have indeed put down fullpayment?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Today's Bacchanal ....   Today's Bacchanal .... - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Today's Bacchanal ....
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
the source of all your Carnival information! :: Talk Yuh Talk :: Bacchanal Central-
Jump to: