the source of all your Carnival information!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the source of all your Carnival information!

discussing every and anything Carnival related

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog inBags by MimiBoots by Afro Chic
Latest topics
» WTS: SELL Apple iPhone 4s 32GB Unlocked
Married Masqueraders EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 8:19 am by shadow25

» Car Shipping Services
Married Masqueraders EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 12:24 am by Marishvcard

» 20110 world cup Carnival in Bangladesh
Married Masqueraders EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 3:13 pm by Marishvcard

» Unlocked Apple iPhone 4 32GB For Sale For $350usd
Married Masqueraders EmptySat May 07, 2011 8:53 am by mohad33

» in need of custom made indian/apache boots. please help asap :D
Married Masqueraders EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 10:57 pm by dhalpouriie

» PULSE 8 CARNIVAL 2K11 "OUT OF THE WOODS"
Married Masqueraders EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 12:44 am by kellyann7

» Post your costume wanted/costume for sale ads...
Married Masqueraders EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 4:55 pm by twiggy

» More than a carnival: Sweet fuh days!
Married Masqueraders EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 2:58 am by mafiafran

» Carnival Dreams...
Married Masqueraders EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 2:58 am by mafiafran

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
Quiche
Married Masqueraders I_vote_lcapMarried Masqueraders I_voting_barMarried Masqueraders I_vote_rcap 
carnivalkrisdude
Married Masqueraders I_vote_lcapMarried Masqueraders I_voting_barMarried Masqueraders I_vote_rcap 
mjsbunny
saucy_diva
Afro Chic
Black Cherry
socajunkie
Carnival Diva
Carnivaldivaz
browneyeztrini

Married Masqueraders

Go down 
+9
Trinimitch
Afro Chic
ny2cali
JJ
Voluptuous Masquerader
saucy_diva
KC
mjsbunny
Carnival Diva
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Carnival Diva

Carnival Diva

Number of posts : 135
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Married Masqueraders Empty
PostSubject: Married Masqueraders   Married Masqueraders EmptySat Sep 20, 2008 4:27 am

How goes it when it's Mas time especially if your spouse is not into carnival? Has there ever been a time when you've been given an ultimatum?
Back to top Go down
mjsbunny

mjsbunny

Number of posts : 355

PostSubject: Re: Married Masqueraders   Married Masqueraders EmptySat Sep 20, 2008 4:45 am

Nah! Maybe it's because my husband isn't Trinidadian or because he's just not bothered. He's not arsed what I do, since he'd rather spend Carnival on the beach with a Stag and some bake and shark. That good for him! I hadda be in town, on the road.

Foreigners tend to not 'get' Carnival, so don't understand all the fuss. Not my problem though. Let me have my fun!! Wink
Back to top Go down
http://mjsbunny.blogspot.com/
Carnival Diva

Carnival Diva

PostSubject: Re: Married Masqueraders   Married Masqueraders EmptySat Sep 20, 2008 4:59 am

Indeed! So the term, 'don't bring sand to the beach' is not one you bother with? lol
Back to top Go down
mjsbunny

mjsbunny

PostSubject: Re: Married Masqueraders   Married Masqueraders EmptySat Sep 20, 2008 5:07 am

Nope, not at all. As cheesy as it sounds, I guess our relationship is strong. Plus we both know a wine is just a wine.

I doh get those gyuls who does get so mad about they man wining with some woman or does want to hang on to the man whole day Monday and Tuesday. Steups. Is just a wine! If allyuh business fix, he will know where to hang his hat and cool himself.

What about you?
Back to top Go down
Carnival Diva

Carnival Diva

PostSubject: Re: Married Masqueraders   Married Masqueraders EmptySat Sep 20, 2008 5:10 am

I feel what yuh saying.
I'm not married, however, years ago I brought the man I was dating with me, and he was soooo caught off guard and 'what do I do this woman wining on meh' lol he was even more shocked when i told him, 'whine back' lol
Back to top Go down
mjsbunny

mjsbunny

PostSubject: Re: Married Masqueraders   Married Masqueraders EmptySat Sep 20, 2008 5:22 am

Bless!

I've found though, that as I've gotten older, the less I need to have someone to dance with whether it's during Carnival or in a regular party. When I was in school, it was all about how many men you had a wine with when we went 'Nuts or Base or whatever. Now I prefer to dance alone. Once I have my friends with me and we havin' fun, the men could go and leave us alone! So I guess it's a good thing my husband hates to dance. Laughing

How come you up so early gyul?
Back to top Go down
Carnival Diva

Carnival Diva

PostSubject: Re: Married Masqueraders   Married Masqueraders EmptySat Sep 20, 2008 5:23 am

Here here!!! I say watch meh, doh touch meh! lol

Girl, I just CANNOT SLEEP! And rain falling here like 'RAIN!' lol
Back to top Go down
mjsbunny

mjsbunny

PostSubject: Re: Married Masqueraders   Married Masqueraders EmptySat Sep 20, 2008 5:30 am

Rain should be helping you sleep! But I sent you a message...
Back to top Go down
Carnival Diva

Carnival Diva

PostSubject: Re: Married Masqueraders   Married Masqueraders EmptySat Sep 20, 2008 5:33 am

I got it hun...I enjoy rain so much I can't help but sit at the window and watch it pour out the sky and just have all these visions of sweet memories Laughing
Back to top Go down
KC

Number of posts : 20

PostSubject: Re: Married Masqueraders   Married Masqueraders EmptySat Sep 20, 2008 7:15 am

Just adding my two cents. I am married and, my husband and I have been playing mas together for the past 5 years. This year was the only time we did not play in the same section. For what it's worth, we always have a good time. There is no issue with "who wine on who". Once there is no disrespect, we're both cool. I guess it takes a certain level of maturity to be able to do that kinda thing.
Back to top Go down
saucy_diva

saucy_diva

Number of posts : 269
Registration date : 2008-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Married Masqueraders   Married Masqueraders EmptySat Sep 20, 2008 8:25 am

When time comes to choose a band/section he chooses what he likes, I choose what I like. On the road he limes with me, roams the band, dances with other women but I don't mind.. is Carnival!! I agree, as long as there is no "disrespect" we can both have a good time.
Back to top Go down
mjsbunny

mjsbunny

PostSubject: Re: Married Masqueraders   Married Masqueraders EmptySat Sep 20, 2008 9:54 am

True, true.
Back to top Go down
Voluptuous Masquerader

Voluptuous Masquerader

Number of posts : 6

PostSubject: Re: Married Masqueraders   Married Masqueraders EmptySat Sep 20, 2008 11:01 am

My husband is my number one limin partner for mas on the road.

I wine on who I want, he wine on who he wants, we wine on each other!

We have had a long standing joke for years... how he LURVES carnival, because it is the only season of the year that he pelt waist on all of my girlfriends without me pelting him with a bottle. LOL. SO he runs around has a ball ( I do the same), and at the end of the day we go home to each other, the kids, the birds, and the bills, and the love remains.

It's all good.
Back to top Go down
http://plusandproud.blogspot.com/
JJ

JJ

Number of posts : 26

PostSubject: Re: Married Masqueraders   Married Masqueraders EmptySat Sep 20, 2008 11:32 pm

i loved that VM (and your post too Saucy)

nice. That is me, um after 2-3 rum and coconut waters.
Back to top Go down
ny2cali

ny2cali

Number of posts : 17

PostSubject: Re: Married Masqueraders   Married Masqueraders EmptyMon Sep 22, 2008 10:32 pm

I am bringing my husband this year for the first time--I am sure he will have a blast but I can't lie- it will be culture shock- I've been trying to explain the culture to him and let him know everything is cool as long as there is no "disrespect" as you put it saucy- but i am gonna wait for him to let loose first though b/c we may have different definitions of disrespect--- worst case he will just have to go do down d road w/ his friends- if he can't stand it, LOL - we will see
Back to top Go down
Carnival Diva

Carnival Diva

PostSubject: Re: Married Masqueraders   Married Masqueraders EmptyTue Sep 23, 2008 12:46 am

just capture it all girl Laughing
Back to top Go down
Afro Chic
Admin
Afro Chic

Number of posts : 263

PostSubject: Re: Married Masqueraders   Married Masqueraders EmptyTue Sep 23, 2008 5:08 pm

My comment was deleted :S

I have my marriage anulled the week of Carnival and get married on Ash Wednesday.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bootsbyafrochic.com
Trinimitch

Trinimitch

Number of posts : 3

PostSubject: Re: Married Masqueraders   Married Masqueraders EmptyFri Sep 26, 2008 3:48 pm

I have gotten that ultimatum already and let me just say the person I was dating at the time was not pleased at all because I played regardless. If you are not into de whole playing mas thing then cool but do not try to force your ways on others who playing for years.
Back to top Go down
carnivalkrisdude

carnivalkrisdude

Number of posts : 434

PostSubject: Re: Married Masqueraders   Married Masqueraders EmptyFri Sep 26, 2008 8:41 pm

Trinimitch wrote:
I have gotten that ultimatum already and let me just say the person I was dating at the time was not pleased at all because I played regardless. If you are not into de whole playing mas thing then cool but do not try to force your ways on others who playing for years.

ROUND OF APPLAUSE...WELL SAID
Back to top Go down
browneyeztrini

browneyeztrini

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2008-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Married Masqueraders   Married Masqueraders EmptySat Sep 27, 2008 12:06 am

Would it also depend on your partner's background? I find from experiences I've seen that people who know of Carnival or have a similar background understand more than people who don't. My sweetie is half-trini, half-grenadian and we both kinda know Carnival is no scene.

My auntie used to say "have yuh fun under de sun, but when it time to come home, make sure you's de one!" She actually made me recite it once Shocked
Back to top Go down
carnival junkie

carnival junkie

Number of posts : 9

PostSubject: Re: Married Masqueraders   Married Masqueraders EmptySat Sep 27, 2008 11:29 am

he's never been into mas...he stays home, and comes out justto get me a pair of shorts and t shirt and take me home.
Back to top Go down
yankee arima gyal

yankee arima gyal

Number of posts : 56

PostSubject: Re: Married Masqueraders   Married Masqueraders EmptyWed Oct 22, 2008 3:30 pm

This topic is so interesting. I am American and started going to Trinidad for Carnival in 2003 with some friends. Later that year I met a Trinidadian that ended up being my husband. Since I knew about the culture and what to expect, I never worried about him gettin on bad. We started coming together to Carnival in 2005 which is when he actually proposed and we have been having a ball ever since. He does his thing, I do mine, we do it together, and when it is done we are on the way home already longing for the next year. I do agree you have to be mature, respectful, and know where you belong at the end of the day.
Back to top Go down
http://masqueradersunited.com
carnivalkrisdude

carnivalkrisdude

Number of posts : 434

PostSubject: Re: Married Masqueraders   Married Masqueraders EmptyWed Oct 22, 2008 8:10 pm

this post does not apply to me... yet
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Married Masqueraders   Married Masqueraders Empty

Back to top Go down

Married Masqueraders
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
the source of all your Carnival information! :: Talk Yuh Talk :: Bacchanal Central-
Jump to: