the source of all your Carnival information!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the source of all your Carnival information!

discussing every and anything Carnival related

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog inBags by MimiBoots by Afro Chic
Latest topics
» WTS: SELL Apple iPhone 4s 32GB Unlocked
Skip carnival?? EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 8:19 am by shadow25

» Car Shipping Services
Skip carnival?? EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 12:24 am by Marishvcard

» 20110 world cup Carnival in Bangladesh
Skip carnival?? EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 3:13 pm by Marishvcard

» Unlocked Apple iPhone 4 32GB For Sale For $350usd
Skip carnival?? EmptySat May 07, 2011 8:53 am by mohad33

» in need of custom made indian/apache boots. please help asap :D
Skip carnival?? EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 10:57 pm by dhalpouriie

» PULSE 8 CARNIVAL 2K11 "OUT OF THE WOODS"
Skip carnival?? EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 12:44 am by kellyann7

» Post your costume wanted/costume for sale ads...
Skip carnival?? EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 4:55 pm by twiggy

» More than a carnival: Sweet fuh days!
Skip carnival?? EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 2:58 am by mafiafran

» Carnival Dreams...
Skip carnival?? EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 2:58 am by mafiafran

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
Quiche
Skip carnival?? I_vote_lcapSkip carnival?? I_voting_barSkip carnival?? I_vote_rcap 
carnivalkrisdude
Skip carnival?? I_vote_lcapSkip carnival?? I_voting_barSkip carnival?? I_vote_rcap 
mjsbunny
saucy_diva
Afro Chic
Black Cherry
socajunkie
Carnival Diva
Carnivaldivaz
browneyeztrini

Skip carnival??

Go down 
+15
yankee arima gyal
boobs
Carnivaldivaz
socadiva70
Bizzie Chic
dajewel1982
mysti77
Darkie-Ann
natty
Carnival Diva
Quiche
saucy_diva
JJ
mjsbunny
carnivalkrisdude
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
carnivalkrisdude

carnivalkrisdude

Number of posts : 434
Registration date : 2008-09-17

Skip carnival?? Empty
PostSubject: Skip carnival??   Skip carnival?? EmptyWed Sep 24, 2008 5:01 am

Have you ever had to skip carnival?.. how did you feel..

I was PROPER VEXXXX when i had exams a year when i was studyin away
Back to top Go down
mjsbunny

mjsbunny

Number of posts : 355
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Skip carnival?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skip carnival??   Skip carnival?? EmptyWed Sep 24, 2008 9:02 am

I missed every Carnival from 2000-2006 since I was in England and my dad does not consider Carnival to be an event worthy of a ticket home.Evil or Very Mad But, since I've been working and can pay for myself, it's all good baby!
Back to top Go down
http://mjsbunny.blogspot.com/
JJ

JJ

Number of posts : 26

Skip carnival?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skip carnival??   Skip carnival?? EmptyWed Sep 24, 2008 9:06 am

preggers and had baby December 2007 and was not in any shape or condition to be hauling self nor infant across the mini-pond for 2k8. i was amidst carnival-going plans before being blessed. so... the baby, a precious gift, was well worth it 1000x over. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
saucy_diva

saucy_diva

Number of posts : 269

Skip carnival?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skip carnival??   Skip carnival?? EmptyWed Sep 24, 2008 9:19 am

Yes I skipped it one year when I went to St Lucia, they also had Carnival the same time as Trinidad. Also skipped it when my friend got in an accident and was selling her costume and being a good friend I sold mine and stayed home and looked at mas on TV Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Quiche

Quiche

Number of posts : 514

Skip carnival?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skip carnival??   Skip carnival?? EmptyWed Sep 24, 2008 10:08 am

saucy_diva wrote:
Yes I skipped it one year when I went to St Lucia, they also had Carnival the same time as Trinidad. Also skipped it when my friend got in an accident and was selling her costume and being a good friend I sold mine and stayed home and looked at mas on TV Crying or Very sad

u didn't like ur costume dat much dat year ? Laughing
Back to top Go down
Carnival Diva

Carnival Diva

Number of posts : 135

Skip carnival?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skip carnival??   Skip carnival?? EmptyWed Sep 24, 2008 10:21 am

I missed 2k7 because I had a baby, I wasn't upset or anything, lawd knows I sent all calls to VM cause I didn't wanna hear ah thing Laughing
Back to top Go down
natty

natty

Number of posts : 21

Skip carnival?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skip carnival??   Skip carnival?? EmptyWed Sep 24, 2008 1:51 pm

missed 2k4 to 2k7 while away at school. the hardest thing to do was watch the carnival pics after Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Darkie-Ann

Darkie-Ann

Number of posts : 23

Skip carnival?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skip carnival??   Skip carnival?? EmptyWed Sep 24, 2008 2:01 pm

i missed 2k5 and cried for a month
Back to top Go down
http://www.charlottetrini.com
mysti77

Number of posts : 114
Registration date : 2008-09-22

Skip carnival?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skip carnival??   Skip carnival?? EmptyFri Sep 26, 2008 9:54 am

I missed Carnival 2005 while in the country because I sold my first ever Tribe costume to save the money for moving to England. I stayed home and told myself there are many more carnival's to come and I'll be back the following year. I've not played since then and every year I've cried on at least one of the days.
2009 is my first time back and I don't know if I ever want to skip another carnival after that (unless I have babies and it's too difficult).
Back to top Go down
dajewel1982

Number of posts : 44

Skip carnival?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skip carnival??   Skip carnival?? EmptyFri Sep 26, 2008 10:08 am

Quiche wrote:
saucy_diva wrote:

i didn't know they carnival the same time as trini...i thought their carnival was later...
Back to top Go down
saucy_diva

saucy_diva

Number of posts : 269

Skip carnival?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skip carnival??   Skip carnival?? EmptyFri Sep 26, 2008 11:10 am

dajewel1982 wrote:
Quiche wrote:
saucy_diva wrote:

i didn't know they carnival the same time as trini...i thought their carnival was later...

This was in 1996 ma'am. They have changed the dates of their Carnival since then!
Back to top Go down
carnivalkrisdude

carnivalkrisdude

Skip carnival?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skip carnival??   Skip carnival?? EmptyFri Sep 26, 2008 7:02 pm

I lived and worked in st.lucia for a couple years, and the story behind they changing their dates is that, they couldn't compete with ours as MOST tourists would prefer trini mas to theirs..
Back to top Go down
Bizzie Chic

Bizzie Chic

Number of posts : 46

Skip carnival?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skip carnival??   Skip carnival?? EmptySat Sep 27, 2008 12:26 am

I skipped this year because of a situation which happened 2k7 Carnival. As soon as I returned I made up my mind I was not going this year, therefore it was not a burden and I did not feel guilty.

BUT

Around April - May I was going through CWS (Carnival Withdrawal Syndrome) now I am sooooo ready for 2k9!!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
socadiva70

Number of posts : 8

Skip carnival?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skip carnival??   Skip carnival?? EmptyThu Oct 02, 2008 8:51 am

I missed a carnival in '99 and cried like ah baby, had headache, stomach ache all kinda ting, it was especially worse cos I was already in Trini for a wedding and left 3 weeks before carnival, and I vowed never again will I miss a carnival, so far so good.
Back to top Go down
http://www.trinidadfetetickets.com
Carnivaldivaz

Carnivaldivaz

Number of posts : 132

Skip carnival?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skip carnival??   Skip carnival?? EmptyThu Oct 02, 2008 12:05 pm

I missed carnival this year and I was very sad. I registered for a costume and didnt end up selling it. I asked my friends to pick up my costume and bring it back, but they all said no. LOL I still want my costume.
Back to top Go down
http://www.carnivaldivaz.com
boobs

boobs

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2008-09-21

Skip carnival?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skip carnival??   Skip carnival?? EmptyThu Oct 02, 2008 7:31 pm

JJ wrote:
preggers and had baby December 2007 and was not in any shape or condition to be hauling self nor infant across the mini-pond for 2k8. i was amidst carnival-going plans before being blessed. so... the baby, a precious gift, was well worth it 1000x over. Very Happy

yep I had my son in may 2004 but although my son is a gift from god and I love him to death, those 2 days was real hard, loorrrddd! I was literally sick! I thought I was having the baby early all kinda madness I was glad when ash wednesday came I felt better, and it was sooo cold in new york that year I was dieing for some sun!
Back to top Go down
yankee arima gyal

yankee arima gyal

Number of posts : 56

Skip carnival?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skip carnival??   Skip carnival?? EmptyFri Oct 03, 2008 2:19 pm

Since my first time in 03 I have not missed one yet. My friends keep asking me when I am going to have a baby and I keep saying if it doesn't happen between Carnival time I have to wait until the next one rolls around. I know it sound sick but I am pressed for my Carnival. I need to be there every year in 90 plus degrees in the middle of the winter when here at home it is snow and too damn cold.
Back to top Go down
http://masqueradersunited.com
carnivalkrisdude

carnivalkrisdude

Skip carnival?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skip carnival??   Skip carnival?? EmptyMon Oct 06, 2008 1:16 am

once health and wealth is in order, count me in !!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
Quiche

Quiche

Number of posts : 514

Skip carnival?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skip carnival??   Skip carnival?? EmptyMon Oct 06, 2008 1:37 pm

carnivalkrisdude wrote:

so wait.......... u can't play unless u costume is 8k? Razz
Back to top Go down
carnivalkrisdude

carnivalkrisdude

Skip carnival?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skip carnival??   Skip carnival?? EmptyTue Oct 07, 2008 11:16 am

Quiche wrote:
carnivalkrisdude wrote:

so wait.......... u can't play unless u costume is 8k? Razz

Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
silverpatronus

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Skip carnival?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skip carnival??   Skip carnival?? EmptyWed Oct 08, 2008 5:24 pm

i missed 2k2, 2k3 and 2k5 because of school. never. again.
Back to top Go down
carnivalkrisdude

carnivalkrisdude

Skip carnival?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skip carnival??   Skip carnival?? EmptyWed Oct 22, 2008 10:42 pm

silverpatronus wrote:
i missed 2k2, 2k3 and 2k5 because of school. never. again.

lol so you nver gine go back to skool?
Back to top Go down
browneyeztrini

browneyeztrini

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2008-09-23

Skip carnival?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skip carnival??   Skip carnival?? EmptyThu Oct 23, 2008 10:25 am

I may have to next year Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
carnivalkrisdude

carnivalkrisdude

Skip carnival?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skip carnival??   Skip carnival?? EmptyThu Oct 23, 2008 10:48 am

browneyeztrini wrote:
I may have to next year Crying or Very sad

WHAT?????!!!!!!! WHYYYYYYYYY???? Shocked
Back to top Go down
browneyeztrini

browneyeztrini

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2008-09-23

Skip carnival?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skip carnival??   Skip carnival?? EmptyThu Oct 23, 2008 11:45 am

I was going with my bf, who I just broke up with, so it might be up in the air Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Skip carnival?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skip carnival??   Skip carnival?? Empty

Back to top Go down

Skip carnival??
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
the source of all your Carnival information! :: Talk Yuh Talk :: Bacchanal Central-
Jump to: