the source of all your Carnival information!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the source of all your Carnival information!

discussing every and anything Carnival related

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog inBags by MimiBoots by Afro Chic
Latest topics
» WTS: SELL Apple iPhone 4s 32GB Unlocked
some ppl are something else...trying to sell costumes at ridiculous markups! EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 8:19 am by shadow25

» Car Shipping Services
some ppl are something else...trying to sell costumes at ridiculous markups! EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 12:24 am by Marishvcard

» 20110 world cup Carnival in Bangladesh
some ppl are something else...trying to sell costumes at ridiculous markups! EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 3:13 pm by Marishvcard

» Unlocked Apple iPhone 4 32GB For Sale For $350usd
some ppl are something else...trying to sell costumes at ridiculous markups! EmptySat May 07, 2011 8:53 am by mohad33

» in need of custom made indian/apache boots. please help asap :D
some ppl are something else...trying to sell costumes at ridiculous markups! EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 10:57 pm by dhalpouriie

» PULSE 8 CARNIVAL 2K11 "OUT OF THE WOODS"
some ppl are something else...trying to sell costumes at ridiculous markups! EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 12:44 am by kellyann7

» Post your costume wanted/costume for sale ads...
some ppl are something else...trying to sell costumes at ridiculous markups! EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 4:55 pm by twiggy

» More than a carnival: Sweet fuh days!
some ppl are something else...trying to sell costumes at ridiculous markups! EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 2:58 am by mafiafran

» Carnival Dreams...
some ppl are something else...trying to sell costumes at ridiculous markups! EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 2:58 am by mafiafran

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
Quiche
some ppl are something else...trying to sell costumes at ridiculous markups! I_vote_lcapsome ppl are something else...trying to sell costumes at ridiculous markups! I_voting_barsome ppl are something else...trying to sell costumes at ridiculous markups! I_vote_rcap 
carnivalkrisdude
some ppl are something else...trying to sell costumes at ridiculous markups! I_vote_lcapsome ppl are something else...trying to sell costumes at ridiculous markups! I_voting_barsome ppl are something else...trying to sell costumes at ridiculous markups! I_vote_rcap 
mjsbunny
saucy_diva
Afro Chic
Black Cherry
socajunkie
Carnival Diva
Carnivaldivaz
browneyeztrini

some ppl are something else...trying to sell costumes at ridiculous markups!

Go down 
+6
lovechild
ms. hershey
mjsbunny
saucy_diva
Quiche
silverpatronus
10 posters
AuthorMessage
silverpatronus

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2008-09-19

some ppl are something else...trying to sell costumes at ridiculous markups! Empty
PostSubject: some ppl are something else...trying to sell costumes at ridiculous markups!   some ppl are something else...trying to sell costumes at ridiculous markups! EmptyWed Oct 08, 2008 4:52 pm

so although i am good and squared away with TRIBE, i have a couple newbie friends who didn't make the cut and are looking for costumes. thought i had gotten through with a cotinga backline for one of them, only to have the seller decide that she wanted US$375 for the costume she had only paid a US$175 downpayment for. yes, a US$200 markup. on a BACKLINE costume to boot.

i tell her she could take that bullshit to somebody with a shovel and a strong back.

anybody else seeing attempts at usury in costume resales yet?
Back to top Go down
Quiche

Quiche

Number of posts : 514
Registration date : 2008-09-17

some ppl are something else...trying to sell costumes at ridiculous markups! Empty
PostSubject: Re: some ppl are something else...trying to sell costumes at ridiculous markups!   some ppl are something else...trying to sell costumes at ridiculous markups! EmptyWed Oct 08, 2008 4:58 pm

it's a seller's market
Back to top Go down
silverpatronus

PostSubject: Re: some ppl are something else...trying to sell costumes at ridiculous markups!   some ppl are something else...trying to sell costumes at ridiculous markups! EmptyWed Oct 08, 2008 8:33 pm

like i just attract them...another one trying to sell an african lovebird backline at a TT$2k markup...ridonkulous!
Back to top Go down
saucy_diva

saucy_diva

Number of posts : 269

PostSubject: Re: some ppl are something else...trying to sell costumes at ridiculous markups!   some ppl are something else...trying to sell costumes at ridiculous markups! EmptyWed Oct 08, 2008 10:48 pm

2000TT !!! wtf
Back to top Go down
mjsbunny

mjsbunny

Number of posts : 355
Registration date : 2008-09-18

PostSubject: Re: some ppl are something else...trying to sell costumes at ridiculous markups!   some ppl are something else...trying to sell costumes at ridiculous markups! EmptyThu Oct 09, 2008 4:19 am

Are these people on carnivaljunction.com?

It might be tempting to report them to TRIBE, if they are TLC holders... just a thought
Back to top Go down
http://mjsbunny.blogspot.com/
silverpatronus

PostSubject: Re: some ppl are something else...trying to sell costumes at ridiculous markups!   some ppl are something else...trying to sell costumes at ridiculous markups! EmptyThu Oct 09, 2008 4:27 pm

the TT$2k markup was from a carnival junction seller. the US$200 markup was a friend of a friend. both are ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
ms. hershey

ms. hershey

Number of posts : 76

PostSubject: Re: some ppl are something else...trying to sell costumes at ridiculous markups!   some ppl are something else...trying to sell costumes at ridiculous markups! EmptyFri Oct 10, 2008 1:02 pm

mjsbunny wrote:

It might be tempting to report them to TRIBE, if they are TLC holders... just a thought

i think they should be reported because that is simply trifling.
Back to top Go down
lovechild

lovechild

Number of posts : 8

PostSubject: Re: some ppl are something else...trying to sell costumes at ridiculous markups!   some ppl are something else...trying to sell costumes at ridiculous markups! EmptyFri Oct 10, 2008 2:44 pm

It is really a sellers market...I sold my silver Mist this year to the first serious buyer at the price I put down for the down payment..
I understand people trying to make a little extra but these quote s just crazy...$2000 extra what the hell that costume laces with gold or something or what Shocked
Back to top Go down
mjsbunny

mjsbunny

Number of posts : 355

PostSubject: Re: some ppl are something else...trying to sell costumes at ridiculous markups!   some ppl are something else...trying to sell costumes at ridiculous markups! EmptyFri Oct 10, 2008 2:50 pm

The sad and annoying thing, is that people are so desperate to play, they will pay the money. If enough people said, No, we not paying that, the sellers wouldn't have a choice.

I also think the bands should take a dim view of this as well, since it more or less amounts to scalping. You buy two costumes in two different bands, then sell one off at a ridiculous price to pay for the costume you're keeping...with a little extra for accessories and footwear. Sigh!
Back to top Go down
http://mjsbunny.blogspot.com/
browneyeztrini

browneyeztrini

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2008-09-23

PostSubject: Re: some ppl are something else...trying to sell costumes at ridiculous markups!   some ppl are something else...trying to sell costumes at ridiculous markups! EmptyFri Oct 10, 2008 2:56 pm

I understand HOW people are greedy. But I just don't get wanting to take advantage of someone like that. But, mjsbunny is right: sadly, they find people that WILL pay those ridiculous prices.
Back to top Go down
Quiche

Quiche

PostSubject: Re: some ppl are something else...trying to sell costumes at ridiculous markups!   some ppl are something else...trying to sell costumes at ridiculous markups! EmptySat Oct 11, 2008 1:27 am

but if a person so wishes to squander their money ... why not let them ?

dem ain't hurting nobody .........it ain't drugs Laughing

(Carnival addictive.. but it ain't illegal)
Back to top Go down
browneyeztrini

browneyeztrini

PostSubject: Re: some ppl are something else...trying to sell costumes at ridiculous markups!   some ppl are something else...trying to sell costumes at ridiculous markups! EmptySat Oct 11, 2008 1:33 pm

Well, no one's stopping them so you're right, if they want to pay, let them pay...they only hurting themselves for paying that much

(not all drugs are illegal...prescription drugs are addictive to some as well) Wink
Back to top Go down
Quiche

Quiche

PostSubject: Re: some ppl are something else...trying to sell costumes at ridiculous markups!   some ppl are something else...trying to sell costumes at ridiculous markups! EmptySat Oct 11, 2008 5:27 pm

yup

"shhh" .. u want u love for liquor get cast in a bad light too ? Razz

smart girl like u makes sure she gets the drinks inclusive deal Wink

errbody not that lucky Laughing
Back to top Go down
Black Cherry

Black Cherry

Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2008-09-26

PostSubject: Re: some ppl are something else...trying to sell costumes at ridiculous markups!   some ppl are something else...trying to sell costumes at ridiculous markups! EmptySat Oct 11, 2008 7:25 pm

You all know this is a game we all played as children. We all sang it. Who was it that tried to turn a dollar into fifty cents???

New and inproved version - adjusted for inflation and time value of money. They trying to turn $.25 & $.33 into $1.00
Back to top Go down
Quiche

Quiche

PostSubject: Re: some ppl are something else...trying to sell costumes at ridiculous markups!   some ppl are something else...trying to sell costumes at ridiculous markups! EmptySat Oct 11, 2008 8:06 pm

u obviously forget how the song ends

"he miss, he miss, he miss like dis" *freeze*

Razz
Back to top Go down
browneyeztrini

browneyeztrini

PostSubject: Re: some ppl are something else...trying to sell costumes at ridiculous markups!   some ppl are something else...trying to sell costumes at ridiculous markups! EmptySat Oct 11, 2008 9:42 pm

Quiche wrote:
yup

"shhh" .. u want u love for liquor get cast in a bad light too ? Razz

smart girl like u makes sure she gets the drinks inclusive deal Wink

errbody not that lucky Laughing

Yuh right.. I "shhh"ing now
Back to top Go down
fruity

fruity

Number of posts : 27

PostSubject: Re: some ppl are something else...trying to sell costumes at ridiculous markups!   some ppl are something else...trying to sell costumes at ridiculous markups! EmptyMon Oct 13, 2008 12:21 pm

what d hell that shit should stop if is so better i charge 2000 dollars to braid hair cause i nearly booked for carnival lol but under all serious put ah stop to these people Mad
Back to top Go down
http://www.passionbraids.blog.com
carnivalkrisdude

carnivalkrisdude

Number of posts : 434

PostSubject: Re: some ppl are something else...trying to sell costumes at ridiculous markups!   some ppl are something else...trying to sell costumes at ridiculous markups! EmptyMon Oct 13, 2008 10:34 pm

ms. hershey wrote:
mjsbunny wrote:

i think they should be reported because that is simply trifling.

i second that....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: some ppl are something else...trying to sell costumes at ridiculous markups!   some ppl are something else...trying to sell costumes at ridiculous markups! Empty

Back to top Go down

some ppl are something else...trying to sell costumes at ridiculous markups!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
the source of all your Carnival information! :: Talk Yuh Talk :: Bacchanal Central-
Jump to: