the source of all your Carnival information!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the source of all your Carnival information!

discussing every and anything Carnival related

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog inBags by MimiBoots by Afro Chic
Latest topics
» WTS: SELL Apple iPhone 4s 32GB Unlocked
Ladies - Stockings or no stockings? EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 8:19 am by shadow25

» Car Shipping Services
Ladies - Stockings or no stockings? EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 12:24 am by Marishvcard

» 20110 world cup Carnival in Bangladesh
Ladies - Stockings or no stockings? EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 3:13 pm by Marishvcard

» Unlocked Apple iPhone 4 32GB For Sale For $350usd
Ladies - Stockings or no stockings? EmptySat May 07, 2011 8:53 am by mohad33

» in need of custom made indian/apache boots. please help asap :D
Ladies - Stockings or no stockings? EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 10:57 pm by dhalpouriie

» PULSE 8 CARNIVAL 2K11 "OUT OF THE WOODS"
Ladies - Stockings or no stockings? EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 12:44 am by kellyann7

» Post your costume wanted/costume for sale ads...
Ladies - Stockings or no stockings? EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 4:55 pm by twiggy

» More than a carnival: Sweet fuh days!
Ladies - Stockings or no stockings? EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 2:58 am by mafiafran

» Carnival Dreams...
Ladies - Stockings or no stockings? EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 2:58 am by mafiafran

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
Quiche
Ladies - Stockings or no stockings? I_vote_lcapLadies - Stockings or no stockings? I_voting_barLadies - Stockings or no stockings? I_vote_rcap 
carnivalkrisdude
Ladies - Stockings or no stockings? I_vote_lcapLadies - Stockings or no stockings? I_voting_barLadies - Stockings or no stockings? I_vote_rcap 
mjsbunny
saucy_diva
Afro Chic
Black Cherry
socajunkie
Carnival Diva
Carnivaldivaz
browneyeztrini

Ladies - Stockings or no stockings?

Go down 
+9
Island Soul
dajewel1982
browneyeztrini
lulu
babydoll
Quiche
Black Cherry
mjsbunny
Afro Chic
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Afro Chic
Admin
Afro Chic

Number of posts : 263
Registration date : 2008-09-17

Ladies - Stockings or no stockings? Empty
PostSubject: Ladies - Stockings or no stockings?   Ladies - Stockings or no stockings? EmptyTue Oct 14, 2008 12:07 pm

What say you?
Back to top Go down
http://www.bootsbyafrochic.com
mjsbunny

mjsbunny

Number of posts : 355
Registration date : 2008-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Ladies - Stockings or no stockings?   Ladies - Stockings or no stockings? EmptyTue Oct 14, 2008 12:11 pm

Unless you lucky enough to have absolutely perfect skin, and fabulously toned legs, ALWAYS tights. ALWAYS!!!

Having said that though, the tights serve as a good barrier from 'external factors' while out on the road.

And not the kind yuh does buy in shoe stores, with the 'shorts-type' thing at the top, that is a different shade to the rest of the tights. I see enough women wearing them tights and want to know how they cyah see that not looking good. Steups.
Back to top Go down
http://mjsbunny.blogspot.com/
Black Cherry

Black Cherry

Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2008-09-26

PostSubject: Re: Ladies - Stockings or no stockings?   Ladies - Stockings or no stockings? EmptyTue Oct 14, 2008 12:13 pm

Hell no - no stockings for me! Me eh letting all dem squats go to waste!
Back to top Go down
Afro Chic
Admin
Afro Chic

PostSubject: Re: Ladies - Stockings or no stockings?   Ladies - Stockings or no stockings? EmptyTue Oct 14, 2008 12:16 pm

Oops...wrong place.
Back to top Go down
Quiche

Quiche

Number of posts : 514

PostSubject: Re: Ladies - Stockings or no stockings?   Ladies - Stockings or no stockings? EmptyTue Oct 14, 2008 12:59 pm

stockings - yes
Back to top Go down
babydoll

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2008-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Ladies - Stockings or no stockings?   Ladies - Stockings or no stockings? EmptyTue Oct 14, 2008 1:22 pm

no stockings for me either
Back to top Go down
lulu

Number of posts : 15

PostSubject: Re: Ladies - Stockings or no stockings?   Ladies - Stockings or no stockings? EmptyTue Oct 14, 2008 1:33 pm

I Really Hate Stockings...for me! But jus have to wear them since I've "upgraded" to thongs! Smile
Back to top Go down
browneyeztrini

browneyeztrini

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2008-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Ladies - Stockings or no stockings?   Ladies - Stockings or no stockings? EmptyTue Oct 14, 2008 1:42 pm

I personally hate stockings, simply because I'm tall and the crotch part usually ends up falling and I'm constantly pulling them up. Even so, I believe 2009 I will be wearing them.
Back to top Go down
mjsbunny

mjsbunny

PostSubject: Re: Ladies - Stockings or no stockings?   Ladies - Stockings or no stockings? EmptyTue Oct 14, 2008 1:44 pm

Well all of allyuh who doh want to wear no tights, just make sure

a) You doh sit down on any pavement or anything

b) You know who come up behind you ti wine and sure they not goin' to try no nasty business

c) When you stop for lunch (if you in TRIBE), no ants eh crawl up yuh nunnuts

d) you keep your legs properly crossed and closed when yuh eatin' yuh food

e) all yuh 'foliage' has been waxed, tweezed or shaved and any ingrown hairs are dealt with before Carnival Tuesday!
Back to top Go down
mjsbunny

mjsbunny

PostSubject: Re: Ladies - Stockings or no stockings?   Ladies - Stockings or no stockings? EmptyTue Oct 14, 2008 1:46 pm

How tall are you browneyz? I'm quite tall as well, but I've been lucky with tights. This year I wore the hipster tights from Micles, and they worked a treat. My friend, who's also my height (five foot ten) also doesn't usually have problems. Maybe it's the brand you're using? Question
Back to top Go down
browneyeztrini

browneyeztrini

PostSubject: Re: Ladies - Stockings or no stockings?   Ladies - Stockings or no stockings? EmptyTue Oct 14, 2008 1:51 pm

LOL @ mjsbunny

Have you ever had ants crawl into your bathing suit? I would think it would be difficult as essentially, it's like sitting in your bathing suit somewhere.

You can still sit on the pavement or grass. You just take the [insert sponsor here] rag and lay it down first (or across your lap when crossing your legs on the grass). Cuz I still wouldn't sit on the bare pavement or grass just because I'm wearing tights.. Laughing

And people, cross your legs regardless of stockings or not Laughing
Back to top Go down
browneyeztrini

browneyeztrini

PostSubject: Re: Ladies - Stockings or no stockings?   Ladies - Stockings or no stockings? EmptyTue Oct 14, 2008 1:54 pm

mjsbunny wrote:
How tall are you browneyz? I'm quite tall as well, but I've been lucky with tights. This year I wore the hipster tights from Micles, and they worked a treat. My friend, who's also my height (five foot ten) also doesn't usually have problems. Maybe it's the brand you're using? Question

Yeah, I bought some in 2007 from Westport (not sure of the brand) and ended up ripping them off for falling so much. It's usually the brand and the weight ratio. I'm bordering on 6' and I weigh much less than their usual requirements. My mom suggested that along with the usual thong I wear under the costume bottom, wear a thong on the outside of the tights just to keep them up.
Back to top Go down
mjsbunny

mjsbunny

PostSubject: Re: Ladies - Stockings or no stockings?   Ladies - Stockings or no stockings? EmptyTue Oct 14, 2008 2:06 pm

Hmmm. That might work.

I don't wear anything under my tights though. Just tights, then bottoms. I've also always worn Micles tights, and apart from the shades, I don't have any major quibbles with them. Might get my sister to pick me up a couple pairs from Samaroos just to see.

One thing I do though, is stretch them out before hand. I stand on the toes and pull them upwards and I also put them on and take a few 'practice wines'. I see it kind of like breaking in a new pair of shoes. Cool
Back to top Go down
babydoll

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2008-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Ladies - Stockings or no stockings?   Ladies - Stockings or no stockings? EmptyTue Oct 14, 2008 2:11 pm

mjsbunny wrote:
Well all of allyuh who doh want to wear no tights, just make sure

a) You doh sit down on any pavement or anything

b) You know who come up behind you ti wine and sure they not goin' to try no nasty business

c) When you stop for lunch (if you in TRIBE), no ants eh crawl up yuh nunnuts

d) you keep your legs properly crossed and closed when yuh eatin' yuh food

e) all yuh 'foliage' has been waxed, tweezed or shaved and any ingrown hairs are dealt with before Carnival Tuesday!

a)Check
b)Check
c)Check
d)Check
e)Check

And for all those who wearing stockings or NOT, u still need to know who comin behind you ti wine. They can try something with or without your stockings so just protect yourself!

Again, stockings or no stockings please wax,shave, and cross your legs at ALL times ladies please and thank you!
Back to top Go down
dajewel1982

Number of posts : 44

PostSubject: Re: Ladies - Stockings or no stockings?   Ladies - Stockings or no stockings? EmptyTue Oct 14, 2008 2:54 pm

i still want to not wear tights one day...until then, i have found the tights from miscles (i actually wear the large, but i am smallie with thick thighs...) and hooters (yes, hooters) work well. however, i just prefer miscles.
Back to top Go down
browneyeztrini

browneyeztrini

PostSubject: Re: Ladies - Stockings or no stockings?   Ladies - Stockings or no stockings? EmptyTue Oct 14, 2008 3:23 pm

mjsbunny wrote:
Hmmm. That might work.

I don't wear anything under my tights though. Just tights, then bottoms. I've also always worn Micles tights, and apart from the shades, I don't have any major quibbles with them. Might get my sister to pick me up a couple pairs from Samaroos just to see.

One thing I do though, is stretch them out before hand. I stand on the toes and pull them upwards and I also put them on and take a few 'practice wines'. I see it kind of like breaking in a new pair of shoes. Cool

I try that too, the jumping, wining, stretching in it beforehand. I have to wear stuff between me and the stockings cuz no barrier could mean yeast infections for some...and I don't want no itching! affraid
Back to top Go down
Quiche

Quiche

PostSubject: Re: Ladies - Stockings or no stockings?   Ladies - Stockings or no stockings? EmptyTue Oct 14, 2008 6:13 pm

how about cutting the seam by the toes, so u cab pull them up to start by ur ankles rather than ur toes?
Back to top Go down
Island Soul

Island Soul

Number of posts : 64

PostSubject: Re: Ladies - Stockings or no stockings?   Ladies - Stockings or no stockings? EmptyTue Oct 14, 2008 8:01 pm

you definitely want to cut out the toe seam so your toes not hurting. If you start them at the ankle though and you didn't stretch them out properly they may ride up your thigh. My friend who is a dancer told me that when you get new tights before u put them on the 1st time u should wrap them around your body twice so you can get them on well.
Back to top Go down
mjsbunny

mjsbunny

PostSubject: Re: Ladies - Stockings or no stockings?   Ladies - Stockings or no stockings? EmptyWed Oct 15, 2008 4:04 am

I've seen my friends cutting their tights at the toes, but I've never done that and mine stay just fine. I don't like the idea of my bare toes rubbing up on the inside of whatever shoes I wearing. Bleh! But they always do it. I guess each to his own...
Back to top Go down
saucy_diva

saucy_diva

Number of posts : 269

PostSubject: Re: Ladies - Stockings or no stockings?   Ladies - Stockings or no stockings? EmptyWed Oct 15, 2008 7:39 am

browneyeztrini wrote:
mjsbunny wrote:
Hmmm. That might work.

I try that too, the jumping, wining, stretching in it beforehand. I have to wear stuff between me and the stockings cuz no barrier could mean yeast infections for some...and I don't want no itching! affraid

Yes, cut off the toes and pull them up to your ankles. You are wearing boots so no one will see. Just use some clear nail polish to seal the edges where you cut off.
Back to top Go down
Quiche

Quiche

PostSubject: Re: Ladies - Stockings or no stockings?   Ladies - Stockings or no stockings? EmptyWed Oct 15, 2008 3:31 pm

mjsbunny wrote:
I've seen my friends cutting their tights at the toes, but I've never done that and mine stay just fine. I don't like the idea of my bare toes rubbing up on the inside of whatever shoes I wearing. Bleh! But they always do it. I guess each to his own...

u don't wear socks ??
Back to top Go down
Afro Chic
Admin
Afro Chic

PostSubject: Re: Ladies - Stockings or no stockings?   Ladies - Stockings or no stockings? EmptyWed Oct 15, 2008 6:38 pm

I always wear stockings to protect my skin from stinky P-O-S and to make my cellulite disappear Smile
Back to top Go down
fruity

fruity

Number of posts : 27

PostSubject: Re: Ladies - Stockings or no stockings?   Ladies - Stockings or no stockings? EmptyThu Oct 16, 2008 1:36 am

of course stockings for me i got some good ones at samaroo's this year
Back to top Go down
http://www.passionbraids.blog.com
mjsbunny

mjsbunny

PostSubject: Re: Ladies - Stockings or no stockings?   Ladies - Stockings or no stockings? EmptyThu Oct 16, 2008 4:00 am

Nope. Just tights. What's the point of cutting off the toes, to free said toes, if you going to put them back in socks? Laughing

I was planning to wear socks over my tights last year, as a sort of extra cushion in my boots, but couldn't find the ones I was looking for. Didn't need them in the end though. My feet were the only part of my body that wasn't sore on Ash Wednesday! Cool
Back to top Go down
Carnivaldivaz

Carnivaldivaz

Number of posts : 132

PostSubject: Re: Ladies - Stockings or no stockings?   Ladies - Stockings or no stockings? EmptyThu Oct 16, 2008 1:23 pm

Miami Carnival was the first time that I played mas without any stockings on. I was a little apprehensive at frist but afer awhile I was okay. I can honestly say that I felt better when i stockings. I am still self conscious of my body even though I lost a lot of weight.
Back to top Go down
http://www.carnivaldivaz.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ladies - Stockings or no stockings?   Ladies - Stockings or no stockings? Empty

Back to top Go down

Ladies - Stockings or no stockings?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
the source of all your Carnival information! :: Talk Yuh Talk :: Bacchanal Central-
Jump to: