the source of all your Carnival information!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the source of all your Carnival information!

discussing every and anything Carnival related

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog inBags by MimiBoots by Afro Chic
Latest topics
» WTS: SELL Apple iPhone 4s 32GB Unlocked
Loyalty vs Fairweatheredness EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 8:19 am by shadow25

» Car Shipping Services
Loyalty vs Fairweatheredness EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 12:24 am by Marishvcard

» 20110 world cup Carnival in Bangladesh
Loyalty vs Fairweatheredness EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 3:13 pm by Marishvcard

» Unlocked Apple iPhone 4 32GB For Sale For $350usd
Loyalty vs Fairweatheredness EmptySat May 07, 2011 8:53 am by mohad33

» in need of custom made indian/apache boots. please help asap :D
Loyalty vs Fairweatheredness EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 10:57 pm by dhalpouriie

» PULSE 8 CARNIVAL 2K11 "OUT OF THE WOODS"
Loyalty vs Fairweatheredness EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 12:44 am by kellyann7

» Post your costume wanted/costume for sale ads...
Loyalty vs Fairweatheredness EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 4:55 pm by twiggy

» More than a carnival: Sweet fuh days!
Loyalty vs Fairweatheredness EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 2:58 am by mafiafran

» Carnival Dreams...
Loyalty vs Fairweatheredness EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 2:58 am by mafiafran

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
Quiche
Loyalty vs Fairweatheredness I_vote_lcapLoyalty vs Fairweatheredness I_voting_barLoyalty vs Fairweatheredness I_vote_rcap 
carnivalkrisdude
Loyalty vs Fairweatheredness I_vote_lcapLoyalty vs Fairweatheredness I_voting_barLoyalty vs Fairweatheredness I_vote_rcap 
mjsbunny
saucy_diva
Afro Chic
Black Cherry
socajunkie
Carnival Diva
Carnivaldivaz
browneyeztrini

Loyalty vs Fairweatheredness

Go down 
+3
Quiche
Black Cherry
mjsbunny
7 posters
AuthorMessage
mjsbunny

mjsbunny

Number of posts : 355
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Loyalty vs Fairweatheredness Empty
PostSubject: Loyalty vs Fairweatheredness   Loyalty vs Fairweatheredness EmptyThu Oct 16, 2008 2:58 pm

Are you a loyal masquerader? Would you play in a band you LOVE, but in a section you only thought was ok? Or are you one of those who'd jump ship as soon as they saw a costume they liked in another section? What makes you keep coming back for more? Or abandoning the troops at the first sign of trouble?

I personally am very loyal. I'm also pretty lazy and very suspicious and cynical. My theory is, better the devil you know. Apart from my very first year playin 'grown-up' mas when I was 19 (when I played with Legends), I have played with TRIBE every time. I don't see myself leaving TRIBE to go and play with another band, regardless of the costume.

I know what to expect with TRIBE and to me, fabulous customer service will trump a pretty costume anyday. I know it has been discussed before (but not here) that TRIBE's loyalty programme is slightly flawed. And it does irk me that people can go back and forth (and do it sans remorse) and still receive all the same benefits of a truly loyal masquerader. But maybe it's just me.

I do know though, that unless TRIBE suddenly loses my costume or runs out of drinks on the road before lunch on Monday or stops returning my calls, I'll keep on playing with them, until age dictates it's time for me to move over to MacFarlane or whoever the Minshall equivalent of the time, is. I mean, I got food poisoining from that lunch on Tuesday in 2007 and I played mas in an incomplete costume in 2008. But reparations were made for this and I'm happy.

What makes you keep going back for more?
Back to top Go down
http://mjsbunny.blogspot.com/
Black Cherry

Black Cherry

Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2008-09-26

PostSubject: Re: Loyalty vs Fairweatheredness   Loyalty vs Fairweatheredness EmptyThu Oct 16, 2008 3:24 pm

I understand where you coming from mjsbunny. I feel like I settled this year since my costume was not even in my top 3 pick (although I will still look hot in it). But I thoroughly enjoyed my Tribe experience in 2008 and it was worth it for me: from the security to the drinks to the customer service. No Problem! I am by no means a professional at this and I only have 2 bands to compare. But as long as I get a similar experience in 2009, 2010 will see me back with Tribe. But then again that's just me.I do have that sense of loyalty - it's the reason I think I'm at my job 13yrs . There will always be other bands that may peak my interest but my philosophy has always been 'if it ain't broke why fix it'. Then too I also know the grass isn't always greener.

By the way - I wasn't crazy about their food this year but that's not a top priority for me. It all lies with what folks see as most important. (Friends, the costume itself, the customer service, overall experience etc.)
Back to top Go down
Quiche

Quiche

Number of posts : 514
Registration date : 2008-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Loyalty vs Fairweatheredness   Loyalty vs Fairweatheredness EmptyThu Oct 16, 2008 3:35 pm

all de drinks iz de same for the most part, right?

my 1st time for 2k9 ............ i can't afford to come back in 2010 Laughing
Back to top Go down
saucy_diva

saucy_diva

Number of posts : 269

PostSubject: Re: Loyalty vs Fairweatheredness   Loyalty vs Fairweatheredness EmptyThu Oct 16, 2008 10:19 pm

Loyal masquerader checking in Smile
Back to top Go down
mjsbunny

mjsbunny

PostSubject: Re: Loyalty vs Fairweatheredness   Loyalty vs Fairweatheredness EmptyFri Oct 17, 2008 4:36 am

You make a good point about work, BC. I guess loyalty does pervade every part of the life of a loyal person.

And the treatment you receive is obviously a big part on your loyalty or lack thereof! But the minute there is a dip in the treatment to which I have become accustomed, then I'm off. I expect my loyalty to be rewarded but when I feel like it's been taken for granted, it's then I bid adieu, be it with work or the supermarket I shop in!
Back to top Go down
ms. hershey

ms. hershey

Number of posts : 76

PostSubject: Re: Loyalty vs Fairweatheredness   Loyalty vs Fairweatheredness EmptyFri Oct 17, 2008 11:37 am

funny thing, i never really thought about loyalty to any band before this year. i've played in Poison, IP & Tribe. once i walked into Cascadia hotel this year and saw the layout for distribution, the fabulous customer service... i was already sold. when i had to make a change to my costume and did so with no resistance or hassle... i was even more impressed. on monday, when i got on the road and actually had a park to sit in and eat my lunch in peace... i was slowly falling in love. then on tuesday, when i saw how great security was, how the bartenders were so professional, the bathroom truck and cool zones... i decided that's it, i'm not parting from Tribe ever. lol
Back to top Go down
carnivalkrisdude

carnivalkrisdude

Number of posts : 434

PostSubject: Re: Loyalty vs Fairweatheredness   Loyalty vs Fairweatheredness EmptyMon Oct 20, 2008 12:12 am

my decision criteria for a band is if i like the costume and because of my taste for costumes i find that dkrewe meets those criteria, but its not glued down to them
Back to top Go down
mjsbunny

mjsbunny

PostSubject: Re: Loyalty vs Fairweatheredness   Loyalty vs Fairweatheredness EmptyMon Oct 20, 2008 9:27 am

saucy_diva wrote:
Loyal masquerader checking in Smile

Your loyalty is well documented saucy! Razz
Back to top Go down
Afro Chic
Admin
Afro Chic

Number of posts : 263

PostSubject: Re: Loyalty vs Fairweatheredness   Loyalty vs Fairweatheredness EmptyMon Oct 20, 2008 12:12 pm

Hmmm...Let's see...2009 is IP, 2008 was Ronnie & Caro, 2007 Legacy, 2006, 2 PEs and D Pod...

I am a non-loyalist to de bone! Very Happy

And to me is not a matter of being "fair weather" I am loyal first to my pocket/budget and second to finding a costume that I LOVE regardless of what band it happens to be in/with.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bootsbyafrochic.com
carnivalkrisdude

carnivalkrisdude

Number of posts : 434

PostSubject: Re: Loyalty vs Fairweatheredness   Loyalty vs Fairweatheredness EmptyWed Oct 22, 2008 10:41 pm

Afro Chic wrote:
Hmmm...Let's see...2009 is IP, 2008 was Ronnie & Caro, 2007 Legacy, 2006, 2 PEs and D Pod...

I am a non-loyalist to de bone! Very Happy

And to me is not a matter of being "fair weather" I am loyal first to my pocket/budget and second to finding a costume that I LOVE regardless of what band it happens to be in/with.

cheers

non-loyalist checkin in
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Loyalty vs Fairweatheredness   Loyalty vs Fairweatheredness Empty

Back to top Go down

Loyalty vs Fairweatheredness
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
the source of all your Carnival information! :: Talk Yuh Talk :: Bacchanal Central-
Jump to: