the source of all your Carnival information!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the source of all your Carnival information!

discussing every and anything Carnival related

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog inBags by MimiBoots by Afro Chic
Latest topics
» WTS: SELL Apple iPhone 4s 32GB Unlocked
Let's Talk About: Nails EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 8:19 am by shadow25

» Car Shipping Services
Let's Talk About: Nails EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 12:24 am by Marishvcard

» 20110 world cup Carnival in Bangladesh
Let's Talk About: Nails EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 3:13 pm by Marishvcard

» Unlocked Apple iPhone 4 32GB For Sale For $350usd
Let's Talk About: Nails EmptySat May 07, 2011 8:53 am by mohad33

» in need of custom made indian/apache boots. please help asap :D
Let's Talk About: Nails EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 10:57 pm by dhalpouriie

» PULSE 8 CARNIVAL 2K11 "OUT OF THE WOODS"
Let's Talk About: Nails EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 12:44 am by kellyann7

» Post your costume wanted/costume for sale ads...
Let's Talk About: Nails EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 4:55 pm by twiggy

» More than a carnival: Sweet fuh days!
Let's Talk About: Nails EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 2:58 am by mafiafran

» Carnival Dreams...
Let's Talk About: Nails EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 2:58 am by mafiafran

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
Quiche
Let's Talk About: Nails I_vote_lcapLet's Talk About: Nails I_voting_barLet's Talk About: Nails I_vote_rcap 
carnivalkrisdude
Let's Talk About: Nails I_vote_lcapLet's Talk About: Nails I_voting_barLet's Talk About: Nails I_vote_rcap 
mjsbunny
saucy_diva
Afro Chic
Black Cherry
socajunkie
Carnival Diva
Carnivaldivaz
browneyeztrini

Let's Talk About: Nails

Go down 
+11
carnivalkrisdude
Quiche
Black Cherry
Darkie-Ann
mjsbunny
Carnivaldivaz
browneyeztrini
mysti77
socajunkie
ms. hershey
Afro Chic
15 posters
AuthorMessage
Afro Chic
Admin
Afro Chic

Number of posts : 263
Registration date : 2008-09-17

Let's Talk About: Nails Empty
PostSubject: Let's Talk About: Nails   Let's Talk About: Nails EmptyMon Oct 27, 2008 10:03 am

So ladies (sorry Kris and Puppy),

What do you do with your nails for Carnival?
Acrylics?

Press-ons?

Natural?

Do you do patterns to compliment your costume or do you do a simple french manicure?
Back to top Go down
http://www.bootsbyafrochic.com
ms. hershey

ms. hershey

Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2008-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk About: Nails   Let's Talk About: Nails EmptyMon Oct 27, 2008 10:36 am

the same thing i do for the rest of the year... au naturale, with a nice mani to match my pedi. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
socajunkie

Number of posts : 182

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk About: Nails   Let's Talk About: Nails EmptyMon Oct 27, 2008 11:39 am

I keep it simple with a french mani and pedi Razz
Back to top Go down
mysti77

Number of posts : 114
Registration date : 2008-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk About: Nails   Let's Talk About: Nails EmptyMon Oct 27, 2008 12:07 pm

In the past I've done:
1. french manicure on natural nails
2. french manicure on acrylics
3. costume colour or gold/silver on natural nail
4. costume colours airbrushed on acrylics

The best lasting was the costume colours airbrushed on acrylics but I really hate doing acrylics as it damages my nails!
Back to top Go down
socajunkie

Number of posts : 182

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk About: Nails   Let's Talk About: Nails EmptyMon Oct 27, 2008 12:50 pm

mysti77 wrote:
In the past I've done:
1. french manicure on natural nails
2. french manicure on acrylics
3. costume colour or gold/silver on natural nail
4. costume colours airbrushed on acrylics

The best lasting was the costume colours airbrushed on acrylics but I really hate doing acrylics as it damages my nails!

I agree wit you acrylic is the worst on your nails. Keep it natural Razz
Back to top Go down
browneyeztrini

browneyeztrini

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2008-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk About: Nails   Let's Talk About: Nails EmptyMon Oct 27, 2008 1:00 pm

I always keep it natural. Acrylic seems to weigh down my nails. I actually do a clear nail polish with a design. A friend of mine got me hooked on that; cuz at least that way, even if/when it grows out, no one can really tell cuz the base of your nail is clear and the design just looks like it moved from the bottom of your nail to the top of it Laughing
Back to top Go down
Carnivaldivaz

Carnivaldivaz

Number of posts : 132

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk About: Nails   Let's Talk About: Nails EmptyMon Oct 27, 2008 1:11 pm

browneyeztrini wrote:
I always keep it natural. Acrylic seems to weigh down my nails. I actually do a clear nail polish with a design. A friend of mine got me hooked on that; cuz at least that way, even if/when it grows out, no one can really tell cuz the base of your nail is clear and the design just looks like it moved from the bottom of your nail to the top of it Laughing

I agree. I get my nails wrapped becuase they are brittle. I use pink powder instead of clear and use clear nail polish with a design. No one never knows when I need to get my nails done until they see my hand up close. The pink powder matches my natural nail.
Back to top Go down
http://www.carnivaldivaz.com
mjsbunny

mjsbunny

Number of posts : 355

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk About: Nails   Let's Talk About: Nails EmptyMon Oct 27, 2008 4:35 pm

I had gels for about a year then switched to acrylics consistently for about three years, so I've done the whole nail thing for Carnival. I never had tips, just an overlay on my natural nail since they usually grow quite long anyway. But about 6 months ago I got bored of them and soaked them off, so I'll be going au naturel this year. I'm not really arsed about my nails for Carnival though, but I might put some polish on or something. Depends on how festive I'm feeling. Surprised
Back to top Go down
http://mjsbunny.blogspot.com/
Darkie-Ann

Darkie-Ann

Number of posts : 23

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk About: Nails   Let's Talk About: Nails EmptyMon Oct 27, 2008 4:53 pm

i pick at them and sometimes bite them
Back to top Go down
http://www.charlottetrini.com
Black Cherry

Black Cherry

Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2008-09-26

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk About: Nails   Let's Talk About: Nails EmptyMon Oct 27, 2008 5:58 pm

French manicure on acrylics (pink & white). Same for me year round.
Back to top Go down
Quiche

Quiche

Number of posts : 514

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk About: Nails   Let's Talk About: Nails EmptyMon Oct 27, 2008 10:07 pm

filed ..i hate runs Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
carnivalkrisdude

carnivalkrisdude

Number of posts : 434

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk About: Nails   Let's Talk About: Nails EmptyTue Oct 28, 2008 6:18 am

same thing i do everyyear
Back to top Go down
saucy_diva

saucy_diva

Number of posts : 269

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk About: Nails   Let's Talk About: Nails EmptyTue Oct 28, 2008 9:10 am

This year I tried the Kiss nails as recommended by Afro Chic.. they looked GREAT .. for one day..one nail fell off in the toilet .. then the others followed. So, my nails ended up natural for Carnival.
Back to top Go down
Afro Chic
Admin
Afro Chic

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk About: Nails   Let's Talk About: Nails EmptyTue Oct 28, 2008 5:08 pm

That's because you didn't follow the instructions I gave you Saucy! LOL.

My Kiss nails last me at least two weeks.
Back to top Go down
Afro Chic
Admin
Afro Chic

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk About: Nails   Let's Talk About: Nails EmptyTue Oct 28, 2008 5:12 pm

In previous years when I had acrylics, I would do my own pattern on them.

This year I used the Kiss press on nails with the French manicure pattern...

For 2009 I think I will probably do the same thing as my costume is nice and elegant. Smile
Back to top Go down
silverpatronus

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2008-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk About: Nails   Let's Talk About: Nails EmptyThu Oct 30, 2008 8:51 pm

i do polish to go with my costume on my natural nails. last year i was in goddess of the chase and i did a red base layer with gold glitter layer on top of that. this year i not sure what to do because i in green honeycreeper but i don't want green nails. i guess i will go with plain gold/gold glitter. i need to balance out some of the green in my costume anyway.
Back to top Go down
KC

Number of posts : 20

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk About: Nails   Let's Talk About: Nails EmptyTue Nov 04, 2008 12:07 pm

Afro Chic wrote:
So ladies (sorry Kris and Puppy),

What do you do with your nails for Carnival?
Acrylics?

Press-ons?

Natural?

Do you do patterns to compliment your costume or do you do a simple french manicure?

I usually do the gel type tips with a simple polish to compliment my costume. However, I soaked those off recently in order to do acrylic french tip.
Back to top Go down
browneyeztrini

browneyeztrini

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk About: Nails   Let's Talk About: Nails EmptyTue Nov 04, 2008 12:54 pm

To the people that get tips done often, what seems to be the best for your nails? As much as I like how acrylic looks after I do it, I find it weakens my nails a lot. I was wondering if that's because I don't keep it up often or if there is another alternative out there.
Back to top Go down
mjsbunny

mjsbunny

Number of posts : 355

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk About: Nails   Let's Talk About: Nails EmptyTue Nov 04, 2008 2:11 pm

Well BET, I had acrylics or gels for almost four years. This is the first time since late 2004 I've had my natural nails 'out'. I soaked them off about four or five months ago and my nails have been ok. I was really worried that my nails would be totally effed up after four years, but after about 6 weeks, they're fine. I never had tips though. Just a layer of acrylic or gel over my natural nail. And even when one broke, I always had the technician 'build-up' rather than use a tip since I think the glue causes a lot of damage.

But I guess everyone's nails are different. Though I'm not sure acrylics for a couple weeks would do that much damage.
Back to top Go down
http://mjsbunny.blogspot.com/
browneyeztrini

browneyeztrini

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk About: Nails   Let's Talk About: Nails EmptyTue Nov 04, 2008 7:15 pm

mjsbunny wrote:
Well BET, I had acrylics or gels for almost four years. This is the first time since late 2004 I've had my natural nails 'out'. I soaked them off about four or five months ago and my nails have been ok. I was really worried that my nails would be totally effed up after four years, but after about 6 weeks, they're fine. I never had tips though. Just a layer of acrylic or gel over my natural nail. And even when one broke, I always had the technician 'build-up' rather than use a tip since I think the glue causes a lot of damage.

But I guess everyone's nails are different. Though I'm not sure acrylics for a couple weeks would do that much damage.

The thing is, I would take them off and there would literally be a groove from where they filed my nail to have the tip fit as close as possible. So my nails were thin and would break easily. I wil do the layer of acrylic over my natural nail though. It sounds a bit better than getting the tips. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Carnivaldivaz

Carnivaldivaz

Number of posts : 132

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk About: Nails   Let's Talk About: Nails EmptyWed Nov 05, 2008 2:36 pm

browneyeztrini wrote:
mjsbunny wrote:

The thing is, I would take them off and there would literally be a groove from where they filed my nail to have the tip fit as close as possible. So my nails were thin and would break easily. I wil do the layer of acrylic over my natural nail though. It sounds a bit better than getting the tips. Thanks!

If length is what you're looking for, then you can get acrylic extensions or silk wrap. You do ont hav to get tips. I started to get silk wraps longer than my natural nails and so far its just as strong as tips without much damage.

Make sure that you dont allow them to file your nail bed down to low.
Back to top Go down
http://www.carnivaldivaz.com
mimi

mimi

Number of posts : 69

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk About: Nails   Let's Talk About: Nails EmptyThu Nov 06, 2008 10:38 pm

AC you see wonderful world is selling the kiss nails! for about 55-70 dollars
i am going to snatch up a pack!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.carniaddicts.blogspot.com
Afro Chic
Admin
Afro Chic

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk About: Nails   Let's Talk About: Nails EmptyFri Nov 07, 2008 9:52 am

I always buying that Mimi! Smile
I had to stop the other day cause I was wearing them longer than the suggested time frame (which is 10 days, I had them on for about a month!) and one of my nails started turning green. No

And the french manicure toes nice too...less work than actually doing french on your toes. Not for Carnival though...just generally.
Back to top Go down
saucy_diva

saucy_diva

Number of posts : 269

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk About: Nails   Let's Talk About: Nails EmptyFri Nov 07, 2008 1:02 pm

mimi wrote:
AC you see wonderful world is selling the kiss nails! for about 55-70 dollars
i am going to snatch up a pack!!

I think I paid less than that for mines this year.. like between 40.00 to 60.00 but I got mines at Hi Lo in Westmall
Back to top Go down
Afro Chic
Admin
Afro Chic

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk About: Nails   Let's Talk About: Nails EmptyFri Nov 07, 2008 3:55 pm

SuperPharm has them as well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk About: Nails   Let's Talk About: Nails Empty

Back to top Go down

Let's Talk About: Nails
Page 1 of 1