the source of all your Carnival information!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the source of all your Carnival information!

discussing every and anything Carnival related

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog inBags by MimiBoots by Afro Chic
Latest topics
» WTS: SELL Apple iPhone 4s 32GB Unlocked
Boots vs Sneakers - Page 8 EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 8:19 am by shadow25

» Car Shipping Services
Boots vs Sneakers - Page 8 EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 12:24 am by Marishvcard

» 20110 world cup Carnival in Bangladesh
Boots vs Sneakers - Page 8 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 3:13 pm by Marishvcard

» Unlocked Apple iPhone 4 32GB For Sale For $350usd
Boots vs Sneakers - Page 8 EmptySat May 07, 2011 8:53 am by mohad33

» in need of custom made indian/apache boots. please help asap :D
Boots vs Sneakers - Page 8 EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 10:57 pm by dhalpouriie

» PULSE 8 CARNIVAL 2K11 "OUT OF THE WOODS"
Boots vs Sneakers - Page 8 EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 12:44 am by kellyann7

» Post your costume wanted/costume for sale ads...
Boots vs Sneakers - Page 8 EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 4:55 pm by twiggy

» More than a carnival: Sweet fuh days!
Boots vs Sneakers - Page 8 EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 2:58 am by mafiafran

» Carnival Dreams...
Boots vs Sneakers - Page 8 EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 2:58 am by mafiafran

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
Quiche
Boots vs Sneakers - Page 8 I_vote_lcapBoots vs Sneakers - Page 8 I_voting_barBoots vs Sneakers - Page 8 I_vote_rcap 
carnivalkrisdude
Boots vs Sneakers - Page 8 I_vote_lcapBoots vs Sneakers - Page 8 I_voting_barBoots vs Sneakers - Page 8 I_vote_rcap 
mjsbunny
saucy_diva
Afro Chic
Black Cherry
socajunkie
Carnival Diva
Carnivaldivaz
browneyeztrini

Boots vs Sneakers

Go down 
+31
elle31
browneyeztrini
mysti77
yankee arima gyal
Black Cherry
Carnivaldivaz
socajunkie
triniannie82
babydoll
jady
dajewel1982
KC
Puppy Boy
mjsbunny
Darkie-Ann
JJ
silverpatronus
Brown Sugar
saucy_diva
fruity
ny2cali
Trini Princess
Bizzie Chic
carnivalkrisdude
Quiche
lulu
ms. hershey
MoNi
*-»¦«-´¯`★rene★
Carnival Diva
Afro Chic
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Afro Chic
Admin
Afro Chic

Number of posts : 263
Registration date : 2008-09-17

Boots vs Sneakers - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boots vs Sneakers   Boots vs Sneakers - Page 8 EmptyWed Jan 07, 2009 11:34 am

I like those boot/sneakers from Adidas. Smile

Would look good with my costume.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bootsbyafrochic.com
triniannie82

triniannie82

Number of posts : 48

PostSubject: Re: Boots vs Sneakers   Boots vs Sneakers - Page 8 EmptyWed Jan 07, 2009 4:57 pm

Suite 16 shoe department in Trincity Mall has gold and silver sneakers available.
Back to top Go down
Dimples

Dimples

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Boots vs Sneakers   Boots vs Sneakers - Page 8 EmptyThu Jan 08, 2009 4:45 am

Well I finally register to play mas (again) and I am proud to say that I will be representing to the fullest: Spice: Golden Basil Front Line [thanks Quiche: Player President and Rene for the help and guidance]. Just to let you guys know a little bit of my sneaker/boots history I HAVE NONE. You see I am a carnival, frontline, and trinidad carnival diary forum virgin Embarassed Embarassed . However my friend and I are having trouble finding a pair (or two) of boots to go with our costumes...Any suggestions, oh yea i reside in the states, so a store online would help a lot.
Back to top Go down
mjsbunny

mjsbunny

Number of posts : 355
Registration date : 2008-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Boots vs Sneakers   Boots vs Sneakers - Page 8 EmptyThu Jan 08, 2009 7:22 am

www.amiclubwear.com seems to be the best option, since they have LOADS of boots online! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://mjsbunny.blogspot.com/
Afro Chic
Admin
Afro Chic

Number of posts : 263

PostSubject: Re: Boots vs Sneakers   Boots vs Sneakers - Page 8 EmptyThu Jan 08, 2009 3:49 pm

Back to top Go down
http://www.bootsbyafrochic.com
PassionFruit

PassionFruit

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2009-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Boots vs Sneakers   Boots vs Sneakers - Page 8 EmptyThu Jan 08, 2009 7:02 pm

Is it just me or am I the only one who can NEVER seem to get through with their stock? They've got great stuff on that site, but never have it once I click onto "Add To Cart". It always says Out Of Stock at the top of the screen.

Oh well!
Back to top Go down
PassionFruit

PassionFruit

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2009-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Boots vs Sneakers   Boots vs Sneakers - Page 8 EmptyThu Jan 08, 2009 7:10 pm

So, I've started to decorate my super comfy Adidas Boots. Painted them in an irridescent white acrylic paint and dusted them with a fine white "Glamour Dust". Now to decide on how to decorate them. I'm playing in Harts (I'm a die hard Harts Girl!) in the section Simurgh, which is all white.

What to do, what to do??? I have a lot of Swarovski Crystals, crystal chains, etc. Just to figure out how I want to go about designing them. They are definitely going to be blinged out - Uuugh! I'll figure it out.
Back to top Go down
triniannie82

triniannie82

PostSubject: Re: Boots vs Sneakers   Boots vs Sneakers - Page 8 EmptyThu Jan 08, 2009 7:56 pm

PassionFruit wrote:
Is it just me or am I the only one who can NEVER seem to get through with their stock? They've got great stuff on that site, but never have it once I click onto "Add To Cart". It always says Out Of Stock at the top of the screen.

Oh well!

I thought that only ever happened to me... Exclamation
Back to top Go down
socajunkie

Number of posts : 182

PostSubject: Re: Boots vs Sneakers   Boots vs Sneakers - Page 8 EmptyThu Jan 08, 2009 9:56 pm

PassionFruit wrote:

Oh well!

Your not the only one that has happened to Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
socajunkie

PostSubject: Re: Boots vs Sneakers   Boots vs Sneakers - Page 8 EmptyThu Jan 08, 2009 9:59 pm

PassionFruit wrote:
Boots vs Sneakers - Page 8 Carnivalboots

Here are the boots I recently got from Adidas. They are a cross between a running shoe and a boot and they are so comfortable. I got them one size up and I tell you, I cannot feel my toes rubbing or touching the front of my boot even when I jump up or chip chip when having them on.

Gonna be decorating them soon, but not too soon, as I have been breaking them in wearing them for my workouts (I think people up here in Canada will look at me funny if I wore fully decorated Carnival boots on the elliptical and treadmill at the gym!)

I will post a picture of them decorated when I get around to that. These were $120 when I originally got them a couple of months ago, including shipping, but let me tell you, they are so worth the added expense for the comfort. I tried on several "fashion boots" but nothing beats the construction of a true running shoe for 2 days of mas! And yet they are boots! A match made in heaven!

Here is the link - and they were delivered in 2 days of ordering!

Adidas Running Boot

Nice Boots
Back to top Go down
socajunkie

PostSubject: Re: Boots vs Sneakers   Boots vs Sneakers - Page 8 EmptyThu Jan 08, 2009 10:01 pm

ms. hershey wrote:
damn, i'm looking at those adidas boots and i'm really contemplating getting a pair...

Ms. Hershey we are thinking the same way, and they on sale now cheers
Back to top Go down
Island Soul

Island Soul

Number of posts : 64

PostSubject: Re: Boots vs Sneakers   Boots vs Sneakers - Page 8 EmptyThu Jan 08, 2009 10:51 pm

Dimples wrote:
Well I finally register to play mas (again) and I am proud to say that I will be representing to the fullest: Spice: Golden Basil Front Line [thanks Quiche: Player President and Rene for the help and guidance]. Just to let you guys know a little bit of my sneaker/boots history I HAVE NONE. You see I am a carnival, frontline, and trinidad carnival diary forum virgin Embarassed Embarassed . However my friend and I are having trouble finding a pair (or two) of boots to go with our costumes...Any suggestions, oh yea i reside in the states, so a store online would help a lot.

I would check overstock.com and barefeetshoes.com also right now your good brick and mortar bets are shoe carnival and payless.
Back to top Go down
saucy_diva

saucy_diva

Number of posts : 269

PostSubject: Re: Boots vs Sneakers   Boots vs Sneakers - Page 8 EmptySun Jan 11, 2009 6:09 am

PassionFruit wrote:
So, I've started to decorate my super comfy Adidas Boots. Painted them in an iridescent white acrylic paint and dusted them with a fine white "Glamour Dust". Now to decide on how to decorate them. I'm playing in Harts (I'm a die hard Harts Girl!) in the section Simurgh, which is all white.

What to do, what to do??? I have a lot of Swarovski Crystals, crystal chains, etc. Just to figure out how I want to go about designing them. They are definitely going to be blinged out - Uuugh! I'll figure it out.

Post a pic of your boots when you are done, they look really comfy.
Back to top Go down
mysti77

Number of posts : 114
Registration date : 2008-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Boots vs Sneakers   Boots vs Sneakers - Page 8 EmptySun Jan 11, 2009 12:34 pm

PassionFruit wrote:

Oh well!

Yes I tried to order from there months back when I first signed up for my section and everything I wanted was out of stock. I tried again just after Christmas and same problem.
Back to top Go down
mimi

mimi

Number of posts : 69

PostSubject: Re: Boots vs Sneakers   Boots vs Sneakers - Page 8 EmptyMon Jan 12, 2009 12:42 pm

Dimples wrote:

WELCOME TO THE SPICE FAMILY!!!!!
well you can try those links that AfroChic posted or just get any gold or light tan boots, you can try www.cutseygirl.com or can www.barefootshoes.com
Back to top Go down
http://www.carniaddicts.blogspot.com
Dimples

Dimples

PostSubject: Re: Boots vs Sneakers   Boots vs Sneakers - Page 8 EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 9:40 pm

here are two boots that i found they are soda shoes the only thing is that they don't have an online store but the place where i got it from is called paul's shoes

This is the Monday boots
Boots vs Sneakers - Page 8 Monday11

and this is the Tuesday Boots
Boots vs Sneakers - Page 8 Tuesda10
Back to top Go down
socajunkie

PostSubject: Re: Boots vs Sneakers   Boots vs Sneakers - Page 8 EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 10:26 pm

Dimples wrote:
here are two boots that i found they are soda shoes the only thing is that they don't have an online store but the place where i got it from is called paul's shoes

This is the Monday boots

Nice Boots Smile Are you going to decorate them Question
Back to top Go down
Dimples

Dimples

PostSubject: Re: Boots vs Sneakers   Boots vs Sneakers - Page 8 EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 12:02 am

i have no idead cause they are caramel and i haven't seen the costume yet so i want to be safe before i do any decorating
Back to top Go down
mysti77

PostSubject: Re: Boots vs Sneakers   Boots vs Sneakers - Page 8 EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 7:18 am

Ok some advice people. I have to take back those other boots and I found some other boots. Problem is that they are £80 for the boots but I like them enough that if I DONT decorate them I will wear them all the time here. A friend of mine has them and she says the are super comfortable.

I'm in Tribe's Hummingbird Frontline and looking at the pics from the band launch it looks like the girls were wearing black boots? I'm not sure though.

I also don't know if black or dark brown will look better as it's a dark green costume.

Boots vs Sneakers - Page 8 Untitl12

Boots vs Sneakers - Page 8 Untitl13

For this costume: Boots vs Sneakers - Page 8 Hummin10
Back to top Go down
mimi

mimi

Number of posts : 69

PostSubject: Re: Boots vs Sneakers   Boots vs Sneakers - Page 8 EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 7:55 am

it is black boots
Back to top Go down
http://www.carniaddicts.blogspot.com
mysti77

PostSubject: Re: Boots vs Sneakers   Boots vs Sneakers - Page 8 EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 9:16 am

mimi - can't remember when last I emailed you about my bags girl. I need to know how/when to pay you and how/when to collect or if you will deliver it. So excited to see my bags Smile
Back to top Go down
mjsbunny

mjsbunny

Number of posts : 355
Registration date : 2008-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Boots vs Sneakers   Boots vs Sneakers - Page 8 EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 9:18 am

I think either colour would look good with it. Maybe the brown, just to be different. But I like them both mysti!
Back to top Go down
http://mjsbunny.blogspot.com/
Island Soul

Island Soul

Number of posts : 64

PostSubject: Re: Boots vs Sneakers   Boots vs Sneakers - Page 8 EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 12:28 pm

mysti77 wrote:
Ok some advice people. I have to take back those other boots and I found some other boots. Problem is that they are £80 for the boots but I like them enough that if I DONT decorate them I will wear them all the time here. A friend of mine has them and she says the are super comfortable.

I'm in Tribe's Hummingbird Frontline and looking at the pics from the band launch it looks like the girls were wearing black boots? I'm not sure though.

I also don't know if black or dark brown will look better as it's a dark green costume.

Boots vs Sneakers - Page 8 Untitl12

Boots vs Sneakers - Page 8 Untitl13

For this costume: Boots vs Sneakers - Page 8 Hummin10

Just leave them black and attach the leg pieces to them (in a way that won't damage them). That way they are both decorated and unchanged for later wear.
Back to top Go down
mysti77

PostSubject: Re: Boots vs Sneakers   Boots vs Sneakers - Page 8 EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 1:17 pm

Island Soul > That is an EXCELLENT idea Smile I'm sure I can find a way to do that!
Back to top Go down
triniannie82

triniannie82

PostSubject: Re: Boots vs Sneakers   Boots vs Sneakers - Page 8 EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 7:02 pm

Dimples wrote:

This is the Monday boots

Oh my goodness!!! Those look almost exactly like the ones I got, esp. the Tuesday ones!!! affraid affraid affraid
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Boots vs Sneakers   Boots vs Sneakers - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

Boots vs Sneakers
Page 8 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next