the source of all your Carnival information!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the source of all your Carnival information!

discussing every and anything Carnival related

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog inBags by MimiBoots by Afro Chic
Latest topics
» WTS: SELL Apple iPhone 4s 32GB Unlocked
What's your worst Carnival experience? EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 8:19 am by shadow25

» Car Shipping Services
What's your worst Carnival experience? EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 12:24 am by Marishvcard

» 20110 world cup Carnival in Bangladesh
What's your worst Carnival experience? EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 3:13 pm by Marishvcard

» Unlocked Apple iPhone 4 32GB For Sale For $350usd
What's your worst Carnival experience? EmptySat May 07, 2011 8:53 am by mohad33

» in need of custom made indian/apache boots. please help asap :D
What's your worst Carnival experience? EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 10:57 pm by dhalpouriie

» PULSE 8 CARNIVAL 2K11 "OUT OF THE WOODS"
What's your worst Carnival experience? EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 12:44 am by kellyann7

» Post your costume wanted/costume for sale ads...
What's your worst Carnival experience? EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 4:55 pm by twiggy

» More than a carnival: Sweet fuh days!
What's your worst Carnival experience? EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 2:58 am by mafiafran

» Carnival Dreams...
What's your worst Carnival experience? EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 2:58 am by mafiafran

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
Quiche
What's your worst Carnival experience? I_vote_lcapWhat's your worst Carnival experience? I_voting_barWhat's your worst Carnival experience? I_vote_rcap 
carnivalkrisdude
What's your worst Carnival experience? I_vote_lcapWhat's your worst Carnival experience? I_voting_barWhat's your worst Carnival experience? I_vote_rcap 
mjsbunny
saucy_diva
Afro Chic
Black Cherry
socajunkie
Carnival Diva
Carnivaldivaz
browneyeztrini

What's your worst Carnival experience?

Go down 
+13
lovechild
mimi
Kuntreegal
mjsbunny
Carnival Diva
Quiche
Bizzie Chic
saucy_diva
Afro Chic
Puppy Boy
carnivalkrisdude
yankee arima gyal
Tanu
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Tanu

Tanu

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2008-09-18

What's your worst Carnival experience? Empty
PostSubject: What's your worst Carnival experience?   What's your worst Carnival experience? EmptyMon Sep 22, 2008 1:35 pm

In '07 I had over done it with the alcohol on Carnival Monday and I felt like Carnival Tuesday was sort of a slow motion feature length movie. I couldn't drink any alcohol and my stomach was upset. I eventually left for my hotel when we arrived at the lunch stop.
Back to top Go down
yankee arima gyal

yankee arima gyal

Number of posts : 56

PostSubject: Re: What's your worst Carnival experience?   What's your worst Carnival experience? EmptyMon Sep 22, 2008 5:19 pm

07 was not as good for me. I did not feel as safe. The band was on the highway for las lap I suppose. not much security and we were literally in the street with cars racing by and the Truck was flying down the road. Then there was a huge traffic jam so we finally just stopped. We were so far from where we were staying and had to walk from movie town area all the way back to our apartment. Why is it that you can chip all day for two days but when it is done the walk seems soooo far. I guess I could have stopped following the big truck but I was trying to get all that I could since I knew I would be back in DC in 13 degree weather the next day Sad
Back to top Go down
http://masqueradersunited.com
carnivalkrisdude

carnivalkrisdude

Number of posts : 434
Registration date : 2008-09-17

PostSubject: Re: What's your worst Carnival experience?   What's your worst Carnival experience? EmptyMon Sep 22, 2008 7:11 pm

it was 2005 i believe for me, didn't realise how much i had drunk and the combo of the sun and alco had me outta town by 3 pm on the tuesday
Back to top Go down
Puppy Boy

Puppy Boy

PostSubject: Re: What's your worst Carnival experience?   What's your worst Carnival experience? EmptyMon Sep 22, 2008 7:24 pm

I think my worst experience was in '06 when I got a costume for minshall purely by chance and I was not wearing carnival ready shoes(pumas) and my feet KKKIILLLLEEEDDDD me.....I limped to my car in the night time and and when I took them off just before I got there my feet looked like if they had been mangled.....they never felt the same till about 2 months after....
Back to top Go down
Afro Chic
Admin
Afro Chic

Number of posts : 263

PostSubject: Re: What's your worst Carnival experience?   What's your worst Carnival experience? EmptyMon Sep 22, 2008 7:49 pm

Bad Carnival Experience? Shocked

What is dat?
Back to top Go down
http://www.bootsbyafrochic.com
saucy_diva

saucy_diva

Number of posts : 269

PostSubject: Re: What's your worst Carnival experience?   What's your worst Carnival experience? EmptyMon Sep 22, 2008 8:49 pm

My WORST Carnival experience is the first year I played in Poison.

1.The section I was in was in the middle of the band which might as well been last! I could not see the front or end of the band.

2.Being stuck on Charlotte Street WHOLE FRIGGING DAY on Tuesday!!!

3. Eating from a Styrofoam box on the side of the road cause there was no lunch stop and it was lunch as the band moved (I was used to a lunch stop with Harts).

4.Costume fell apart.. yes the belt fell apart on the road.. good thing I had safety pins! The only reason the bra did not fall apart was because I had to do over the bra, using my own, as the bra we got with the costume was a HOT MESS.

5.Crossing stage at night and hearing a man was shot as we crossed stage..

WORST CARNIVAL EXPERIENCE EVER
Back to top Go down
Bizzie Chic

Bizzie Chic

Number of posts : 46

PostSubject: Re: What's your worst Carnival experience?   What's your worst Carnival experience? EmptyMon Sep 22, 2008 9:35 pm

WOW, alot of 07's on here.
2007 for me also...it definitely could have been better. A loved one was in a vehicular accident Carnival Friday and that killed my vibes totally. I was to the point of not play mas but my friends insited that I did to get my mind of it.
Back to top Go down
Quiche

Quiche

Number of posts : 514

PostSubject: Re: What's your worst Carnival experience?   What's your worst Carnival experience? EmptyMon Sep 22, 2008 10:29 pm

the four years i come and ain't get chance to play mas Sad
Back to top Go down
Carnival Diva

Carnival Diva

Number of posts : 135

PostSubject: Re: What's your worst Carnival experience?   What's your worst Carnival experience? EmptyTue Sep 23, 2008 1:22 am

2006 when my father gave away my songbird headpiece to ah schupid friend of his! Mad
Back to top Go down
mjsbunny

mjsbunny

Number of posts : 355

PostSubject: Re: What's your worst Carnival experience?   What's your worst Carnival experience? EmptyTue Sep 23, 2008 1:49 am

@CD- HA HA HA HA
Why parents so, eh?

I've been lucky thus far and haven't had as bad an experience. But that trip down on the Foreshore in '07 wasn't fun. In fact, I hated it. I MUCH preferred the route they took this year and hope they stick to it. Then I got stuck in traffic for two hours, trying to get from Luis St to the Lighthouse. But I had my iPod on in the car so it was ok.

So nothing majorly terrible (she says smugly). Watch and see me get struck down by food poisoning or something on Carnival Sunday night. Sigh!
Back to top Go down
http://mjsbunny.blogspot.com/
Carnival Diva

Carnival Diva

PostSubject: Re: What's your worst Carnival experience?   What's your worst Carnival experience? EmptyTue Sep 23, 2008 1:52 am

Girl i doh know. I merely asked the man to hold the headpiece while I went to the washroom before my flight. When I came back his hands empty. I asked, 'daddy where's my headpiece?' do you know what this man told me? 'ooh gosh, girl you wanted that, i saw a friend whom I have not seen in 10 years and SHE liked it so I gave it to her!'
I said, daddy i'd like her name, number, and address cause I want meh headpiece back'
he called her, the woman threw it away before she left the airport!

friggin still upset about that yes!!

Laughing i've never had a bad experience...*knock on wood* Smile nah no food poisoning for you
Back to top Go down
Kuntreegal

Kuntreegal

Number of posts : 5

PostSubject: Re: What's your worst Carnival experience?   What's your worst Carnival experience? EmptyTue Sep 23, 2008 9:41 am

My first year playing in Poison me and my freind WALKED all the way from the stage(this was in 06) allll dey way to the highway by the stadium, get to deigo martin and then walk all the way to four roads Sad. the next day i had to soak my feet cause dey was killing me.

NEVER AGAIN!!
Back to top Go down
mimi

mimi

Number of posts : 69

PostSubject: Re: What's your worst Carnival experience?   What's your worst Carnival experience? EmptyTue Sep 23, 2008 10:14 am

i neva had a bad experience with respect to the band but yuh seeeee friends n crew!!! eh eh not me again nah! Mad Running up n down with crew who want to go here there n who want to meet they man who in the opposite direction of the band....to hell with that.... them things does drive me up a wall!!!!!!! and den does need a panadol extra strength!
i rollin solo yes.lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.carniaddicts.blogspot.com
Carnival Diva

Carnival Diva

PostSubject: Re: What's your worst Carnival experience?   What's your worst Carnival experience? EmptyTue Sep 23, 2008 10:34 am

mimi wrote:
i neva had a bad experience with respect to the band but yuh seeeee friends n crew!!! eh eh not me again nah! Mad Running up n down with crew who want to go here there n who want to meet they man who in the opposite direction of the band....to hell with that.... them things does drive me up a wall!!!!!!! and den does need a panadol extra strength!
i rollin solo yes.lol

do it girl! I'll never forget 2004 when a friend LEFT the road and went home! asked me to walk her home! lol Laughing I pointed her to walk in the direction of the hilton hotel and queen's hall booyah she reach home!
ME? leave deh road and is not even 2:00 p.m. yet? lol she must be mad but she was ah real ridiculous first timer lol, but she has changed!
Back to top Go down
carnivalkrisdude

carnivalkrisdude

Number of posts : 434

PostSubject: Re: What's your worst Carnival experience?   What's your worst Carnival experience? EmptyTue Sep 23, 2008 10:41 am

cheers you go mimi!!!!
Back to top Go down
mjsbunny

mjsbunny

Number of posts : 355

PostSubject: Re: What's your worst Carnival experience?   What's your worst Carnival experience? EmptyTue Sep 23, 2008 11:41 am

You right yes. For all the like, I like my crew, if you lose, you lose. Meet up for lunch or by whatever truck we limin' by. If you want to run behind your man, is your job to keep up with us!
Back to top Go down
http://mjsbunny.blogspot.com/
lovechild

lovechild

Number of posts : 8

PostSubject: Re: What's your worst Carnival experience?   What's your worst Carnival experience? EmptyTue Sep 23, 2008 11:46 am

Sauce I was in that section where they shot the man or tried to shoot him...not sure if he got hurt...I had to duck behind cars near the US embassy...PRESSURE....And we spent whole day on Charlotte street before we got to cross the stage and Legends/Legacy was in front of us.... Neutral Mad But Bottles were pelting in that shoot out too...all because they wanted to jump up and down on the man truck and he said No....That was the end of my mas... confused and they had so much traffic I didn't get home till after midnight and my parent were worried...it was a mess scratch
Back to top Go down
law

Number of posts : 4

PostSubject: Re: What's your worst Carnival experience?   What's your worst Carnival experience? EmptyTue Sep 23, 2008 4:11 pm

Okay, up to this day, I'm still embarrased by this episode. I had just started coming back to Trinidad for Carnival. Me aint no big rum drinker and I aint know nothing about babash. Hanging out with hard core masqueraders and drinkers on Carnival Monday, babash start passing. So, yuh girl thinking, I could take ah couple swigs of babash straight and be okay. Yeah right! Well, by the third drink, girl, start swaying. Then, ah had tuh beg, let meh sit at the side of the road. Then yuh talk about vomit in drain. Ah start tuh remember how meh mudder and faddah use to bad talk drunk people at Carnival time and the many drunks ah see lying down in canal all over de place. Ah praying that anybody who know meh doh see meh. My friends were really sweet. Because they knew that I was still somewhat new to Carnival, everybody went into crisis mode. Dey buy seltzer water and wash down meh face at the side of the road. We were close to some square. I don't know where they get blanket from, but my friends lifted me up and drag me to the Square and lay me down on the blanket. Man it was a sight to behold. Fortunately, we had stopped for lunch. My friends were the best. They found a truck where I got laid up for a while when the band pulled off. Afterwards, yuh know ah get endless buff and warnings for the next day so I was on my best behavior. Everybody drinking but nobody passing anyting my way which did not bother me in the least because I was not about to repeat that episode. To this day, that's a topic of conversation.
Back to top Go down
saucy_diva

saucy_diva

Number of posts : 269

PostSubject: Re: What's your worst Carnival experience?   What's your worst Carnival experience? EmptyTue Sep 23, 2008 4:19 pm

Neutral @ Law
Back to top Go down
Afro Chic
Admin
Afro Chic

PostSubject: Re: What's your worst Carnival experience?   What's your worst Carnival experience? EmptyTue Sep 23, 2008 5:25 pm

Law have some real good friends yes. I woulda leave your drunk ass right dey!

Yuh cyar friad mas and play powder...or something so Neutral
Back to top Go down
law

Number of posts : 4

PostSubject: Re: What's your worst Carnival experience?   What's your worst Carnival experience? EmptyTue Sep 23, 2008 5:49 pm

Trust me AC when I say, that could NEVER happen again.
Back to top Go down
Puppy Boy

Puppy Boy

PostSubject: Re: What's your worst Carnival experience?   What's your worst Carnival experience? EmptyTue Sep 23, 2008 7:01 pm

mimi wrote:
i rollin solo yes.lol

Oh gorm...yes Mimi....I forget bout dat.....this year I run ALL OVER d damn band because people find want to find dis one and the people geh loss and den we looking for dem....then the worse was when someone of my friends text me to find me and have me dizzy all up and down looking for dem and in trying to find dem i running in the square by roxy and slip on some bottle in d grass and slap my hip into one of the posts that was by d park....TALK BOUT PAIN!!! OH MEH LAWD!!! I couldnt wine low aftah dat and cuss whey meh friend when I did see them!!!

NOT ME DIS YEAR....I go text all who lookin fuh me dat i in meh section....COME AND FIND MEEEEE!!!!! tongue
Back to top Go down
Afro Chic
Admin
Afro Chic

PostSubject: Re: What's your worst Carnival experience?   What's your worst Carnival experience? EmptyTue Sep 23, 2008 10:21 pm

law wrote:
Trust me AC when I say, that could NEVER happen again.

At least yuh learn from it.
Back to top Go down
Afro Chic
Admin
Afro Chic

PostSubject: Re: What's your worst Carnival experience?   What's your worst Carnival experience? EmptyTue Sep 23, 2008 10:22 pm

Puppy Boy wrote:
mimi wrote:
i rollin solo yes.lol

Oh gorm...yes Mimi....I forget bout dat.....this year I run ALL OVER d damn band because people find want to find dis one and the people geh loss and den we looking for dem....then the worse was when someone of my friends text me to find me and have me dizzy all up and down looking for dem and in trying to find dem i running in the square by roxy and slip on some bottle in d grass and slap my hip into one of the posts that was by d park....TALK BOUT PAIN!!! OH MEH LAWD!!! I couldnt wine low aftah dat and cuss whey meh friend when I did see them!!!

NOT ME DIS YEAR....I go text all who lookin fuh me dat i in meh section....COME AND FIND MEEEEE!!!!! tongue

Dat is really the worst in true.

I think if yuh must lime with you crew and some of ou have to go ooking for whoever, just organise a predetermined place to meet up. Like KFC or wherever. Or better yet tell the find yuh when is time to get i yuh section.
Back to top Go down
Darkie-Ann

Darkie-Ann

Number of posts : 23

PostSubject: Re: What's your worst Carnival experience?   What's your worst Carnival experience? EmptyWed Sep 24, 2008 2:09 pm

This year was my worst, NEVER ME AND FRONTLINE AGAAAAIIIIIINNNN!!!!!!

BACKLINE BETTYS UNITE!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.charlottetrini.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's your worst Carnival experience?   What's your worst Carnival experience? Empty

Back to top Go down

What's your worst Carnival experience?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next