the source of all your Carnival information!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the source of all your Carnival information!

discussing every and anything Carnival related

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog inBags by MimiBoots by Afro Chic
Latest topics
» WTS: SELL Apple iPhone 4s 32GB Unlocked
Favourite soca track...ever! EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 8:19 am by shadow25

» Car Shipping Services
Favourite soca track...ever! EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 12:24 am by Marishvcard

» 20110 world cup Carnival in Bangladesh
Favourite soca track...ever! EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 3:13 pm by Marishvcard

» Unlocked Apple iPhone 4 32GB For Sale For $350usd
Favourite soca track...ever! EmptySat May 07, 2011 8:53 am by mohad33

» in need of custom made indian/apache boots. please help asap :D
Favourite soca track...ever! EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 10:57 pm by dhalpouriie

» PULSE 8 CARNIVAL 2K11 "OUT OF THE WOODS"
Favourite soca track...ever! EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 12:44 am by kellyann7

» Post your costume wanted/costume for sale ads...
Favourite soca track...ever! EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 4:55 pm by twiggy

» More than a carnival: Sweet fuh days!
Favourite soca track...ever! EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 2:58 am by mafiafran

» Carnival Dreams...
Favourite soca track...ever! EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 2:58 am by mafiafran

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
Quiche
Favourite soca track...ever! I_vote_lcapFavourite soca track...ever! I_voting_barFavourite soca track...ever! I_vote_rcap 
carnivalkrisdude
Favourite soca track...ever! I_vote_lcapFavourite soca track...ever! I_voting_barFavourite soca track...ever! I_vote_rcap 
mjsbunny
saucy_diva
Afro Chic
Black Cherry
socajunkie
Carnival Diva
Carnivaldivaz
browneyeztrini

Favourite soca track...ever!

Go down 
+11
sweettrini
Afro Chic
Bizzie Chic
boobs
JJ
browneyeztrini
carnivalkrisdude
lawyergirl
Tanu
Quiche
mjsbunny
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
mjsbunny

mjsbunny

Number of posts : 355
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Favourite soca track...ever! Empty
PostSubject: Favourite soca track...ever!   Favourite soca track...ever! EmptyTue Sep 23, 2008 3:45 pm

I was listening to my iPod while walking from the train station this morning (like I do every morning!) and some soca tracks came on so I was trying to figure out what would be my favourite soca tune...ever. And I'm not sure I can narrow it down to just one.

But I would have to say 'Dutty' by Blaxx is one of my all-time favourite songs, soca or not. Anybody have any other favourites they care to share?
Back to top Go down
http://mjsbunny.blogspot.com/
Quiche

Quiche

Number of posts : 514
Registration date : 2008-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Favourite soca track...ever!   Favourite soca track...ever! EmptyTue Sep 23, 2008 4:22 pm

All is Yours - Onika Bostic (RIP) is a classic
Back to top Go down
Tanu

Tanu

Number of posts : 23

PostSubject: Re: Favourite soca track...ever!   Favourite soca track...ever! EmptyTue Sep 23, 2008 4:29 pm

"Band of d Year" Patrice Roberts & Machel Montano.

It is special as that was the song played the first and last time I crossed the stage. I just remember everyone locking arms and rocking side to side. It was pure magic for me.
Back to top Go down
lawyergirl

lawyergirl

Number of posts : 17

PostSubject: Re: Favourite soca track...ever!   Favourite soca track...ever! EmptyTue Sep 23, 2008 4:34 pm

Madman by Machel always gets me pumped
Back to top Go down
carnivalkrisdude

carnivalkrisdude

Number of posts : 434

PostSubject: Re: Favourite soca track...ever!   Favourite soca track...ever! EmptyWed Sep 24, 2008 4:52 am

Back to top Go down
browneyeztrini

browneyeztrini

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2008-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Favourite soca track...ever!   Favourite soca track...ever! EmptySat Sep 27, 2008 2:25 pm

I don't know if I could pinpoint ONE song! Almost any Super Blue song (boy, I miss dat man!). His soca just used to make me GET ON (maybe dais where Faye Ann get it from!) Especially Ato Party...and Bounce...and Jab Jab...and Signal to Lara...

Oh gosh, I tell allyuh I couldn't name just one! Shocked

And Machel's "Too Young To Soca" cuz that was the first soca song I learn to sing in its entirety Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Quiche

Quiche

PostSubject: Re: Favourite soca track...ever!   Favourite soca track...ever! EmptySat Sep 27, 2008 4:04 pm

browneyeztrini wrote:
I don't know if I could pinpoint ONE song! Almost any Super Blue song (boy, I miss dat man!). His soca just used to make me GET ON (maybe dais where Faye Ann get it from!) Especially Ato Party...and Bounce...and Jab Jab...and Signal to Lara...

And Machel's "Too Young To Soca" cuz that was the first soca song I learn to sing in its entirety Very Happy

at about 5 , right ? Laughing
Back to top Go down
JJ

JJ

Number of posts : 26

PostSubject: Re: Favourite soca track...ever!   Favourite soca track...ever! EmptySat Sep 27, 2008 4:09 pm

Lauren for best ever

Best carnival is Bonnie & Clyde, imho
Back to top Go down
browneyeztrini

browneyeztrini

PostSubject: Re: Favourite soca track...ever!   Favourite soca track...ever! EmptySat Sep 27, 2008 4:46 pm

Quiche wrote:
browneyeztrini wrote:

at about 5 , right ? Laughing

Yeah, Quiche...and yuh know how when you learn a song, your parents used to make you sing it in front a people! Shocked
Back to top Go down
boobs

boobs

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2008-09-21

PostSubject: Re: Favourite soca track...ever!   Favourite soca track...ever! EmptySat Sep 27, 2008 4:52 pm

rolling by machel and patrice, I destroyed the place this year with that song, I was rolling it all over the place lol
Back to top Go down
Bizzie Chic

Bizzie Chic

Number of posts : 46

PostSubject: Re: Favourite soca track...ever!   Favourite soca track...ever! EmptySun Sep 28, 2008 2:29 pm

http://www.toronto-lime.com/music/2003/carnival_remix.htm

I will have to say:
Carnival - Destra ft. Machel
Back to top Go down
mjsbunny

mjsbunny

Number of posts : 355

PostSubject: Re: Favourite soca track...ever!   Favourite soca track...ever! EmptySun Sep 28, 2008 3:54 pm

I want to hear a good mix of tracks on the road and not just the current songs. When we crossing, yeah hype us up with the Road March contenders, but when we just hanging around or chipping, I want some back in times too!
Back to top Go down
http://mjsbunny.blogspot.com/
Quiche

Quiche

PostSubject: Re: Favourite soca track...ever!   Favourite soca track...ever! EmptySun Sep 28, 2008 8:37 pm

amen mjsbunny
Back to top Go down
Afro Chic
Admin
Afro Chic

Number of posts : 263

PostSubject: Re: Favourite soca track...ever!   Favourite soca track...ever! EmptySun Sep 28, 2008 8:39 pm

Well said Bizzie Chic...

Carnival by Machel and Destra is my pores raiser.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bootsbyafrochic.com
Quiche

Quiche

PostSubject: Re: Favourite soca track...ever!   Favourite soca track...ever! EmptySun Sep 28, 2008 8:53 pm

yeezzzz dat is jamishness bounce
Back to top Go down
carnivalkrisdude

carnivalkrisdude

PostSubject: Re: Favourite soca track...ever!   Favourite soca track...ever! EmptyMon Sep 29, 2008 12:52 am

Bizzie Chic wrote:
http://www.toronto-lime.com/music/2003/carnival_remix.htm

I will have to say:
Carnival - Destra ft. Machel

ah love ITTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!...
Back to top Go down
sweettrini

sweettrini

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Favourite soca track...ever!   Favourite soca track...ever! EmptyTue Sep 30, 2008 10:58 am

One of my favorite soca tracks is Spread The Love - Dawg E Slaughter. Aye when ah hear dat "Dum dum dum dum dum Smile .................." my pores does just raise man!! Dat song marks a Carnival euphoria for me...... Carnival Tuesday..........loving meh Dragon self in TRIBE........ jumping down de foreshore................ head tight......all meh girls and me getting on.........lord faddah drunken !!!!
Back to top Go down
elle31

elle31

Number of posts : 8

PostSubject: Re: Favourite soca track...ever!   Favourite soca track...ever! EmptyThu Oct 02, 2008 11:32 pm

definitely 4 me..."CARNIVAL" by destra ft machel..... no matter where i am when i hear this song ..it always makes me feel 2 buss a small wine lol... worse yet if i am in a fete and this plays.... i swear ppl does be watching me like who's that crazy chick lol... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Carnival Barbie 2k4ever

Number of posts : 4

PostSubject: Re: Favourite soca track...ever!   Favourite soca track...ever! EmptySat Oct 04, 2008 4:14 am

hmmmmmmmmm I love .Higher Den High becuz dats how I feel wen I playin mas...dats my all tyme favorite 4 now.......lol
Back to top Go down
Carnival Diva

Carnival Diva

Number of posts : 135

PostSubject: Re: Favourite soca track...ever!   Favourite soca track...ever! EmptySat Oct 04, 2008 7:52 am

Tanu wrote:
"Band of d Year" Patrice Roberts & Machel Montano.

It is special as that was the song played the first and last time I crossed the stage. I just remember everyone locking arms and rocking side to side. It was pure magic for me.

OOh hell YEA!!!
meh pores raise, eyes get watery, memories flood back hittin meh ah mile ah thousand...do talk for blazin de trail...i can't help but flick meh fingers lol, then i remember AC and the performance at Bacchanal Wednesday, lawd....there goes meh pores and meh eyes again... Laughing
Back to top Go down
carnivalkrisdude

carnivalkrisdude

PostSubject: Re: Favourite soca track...ever!   Favourite soca track...ever! EmptySun Oct 05, 2008 8:58 pm

Back to top Go down
Quiche

Quiche

PostSubject: Re: Favourite soca track...ever!   Favourite soca track...ever! EmptySun Oct 05, 2008 9:58 pm

carnivalkrisdude wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrbgRDuKpps Band of the year

def a monster tune cheers
Back to top Go down
fruity

fruity

Number of posts : 27

PostSubject: Re: Favourite soca track...ever!   Favourite soca track...ever! EmptySun Oct 05, 2008 10:48 pm

i love faye ann get on just listen to that piece of rhythm before d sound start oh god i feeling to wine now lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.passionbraids.blog.com
carnivalkrisdude

carnivalkrisdude

PostSubject: Re: Favourite soca track...ever!   Favourite soca track...ever! EmptyMon Oct 06, 2008 1:14 am

fruity wrote:
i love faye ann get on just listen to that piece of rhythm before d sound start oh god i feeling to wine now lol

i loved it, but i REAL HEAR dat this year boy... still hearing it....
Back to top Go down
browneyeztrini

browneyeztrini

PostSubject: Re: Favourite soca track...ever!   Favourite soca track...ever! EmptyMon Oct 06, 2008 11:01 am

carnivalkrisdude wrote:
fruity wrote:

i loved it, but i REAL HEAR dat this year boy... still hearing it....

Really? I feel that way about Destra & Machel's Carnival, kris. I real real hear DAT song and I well tired of it...de original and de 20 minute remix...and if I have to hear Destra call MASSIVE one more time, I going and get a massive headache! affraid
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favourite soca track...ever!   Favourite soca track...ever! Empty

Back to top Go down

Favourite soca track...ever!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next