the source of all your Carnival information!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the source of all your Carnival information!

discussing every and anything Carnival related

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog inBags by MimiBoots by Afro Chic
Latest topics
» WTS: SELL Apple iPhone 4s 32GB Unlocked
to be fit or not to be EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 8:19 am by shadow25

» Car Shipping Services
to be fit or not to be EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 12:24 am by Marishvcard

» 20110 world cup Carnival in Bangladesh
to be fit or not to be EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 3:13 pm by Marishvcard

» Unlocked Apple iPhone 4 32GB For Sale For $350usd
to be fit or not to be EmptySat May 07, 2011 8:53 am by mohad33

» in need of custom made indian/apache boots. please help asap :D
to be fit or not to be EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 10:57 pm by dhalpouriie

» PULSE 8 CARNIVAL 2K11 "OUT OF THE WOODS"
to be fit or not to be EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 12:44 am by kellyann7

» Post your costume wanted/costume for sale ads...
to be fit or not to be EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 4:55 pm by twiggy

» More than a carnival: Sweet fuh days!
to be fit or not to be EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 2:58 am by mafiafran

» Carnival Dreams...
to be fit or not to be EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 2:58 am by mafiafran

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
Quiche
to be fit or not to be I_vote_lcapto be fit or not to be I_voting_barto be fit or not to be I_vote_rcap 
carnivalkrisdude
to be fit or not to be I_vote_lcapto be fit or not to be I_voting_barto be fit or not to be I_vote_rcap 
mjsbunny
saucy_diva
Afro Chic
Black Cherry
socajunkie
Carnival Diva
Carnivaldivaz
browneyeztrini

to be fit or not to be

Go down 
+18
boobs
Canboulay
mysti77
bajan
lawyergirl
*-»¦«-´¯`★rene★
natty
Afro Chic
ms. hershey
mimi
Puppy Boy
Darkie-Ann
dajewel1982
browneyeztrini
Carnival Diva
mjsbunny
Quiche
carnivalkrisdude
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
carnivalkrisdude

carnivalkrisdude

Number of posts : 434
Registration date : 2008-09-17

to be fit or not to be Empty
PostSubject: to be fit or not to be   to be fit or not to be EmptyWed Sep 24, 2008 4:59 am

what is your routine in getting ready for d road for carnival in terms of fitness, how do you stick to your plan and are you sticking to yor plan
Back to top Go down
Quiche

Quiche

Number of posts : 514

PostSubject: Re: to be fit or not to be   to be fit or not to be EmptyWed Sep 24, 2008 8:42 am

what plan ???

i buy a costume that fits Laughing
Back to top Go down
mjsbunny

mjsbunny

Number of posts : 355
Registration date : 2008-09-18

PostSubject: Re: to be fit or not to be   to be fit or not to be EmptyWed Sep 24, 2008 9:55 am

Well, I'm in the process of buying a cross trainer, since in winter I have ZERO motivation to go to the gym. So I could put on DVD or some soca, and work-out in my own house! Also, once I leave this job, I'll have time to do my pilates again. Yay!

But also like Quiche, I have bought a costume that is the size I am now, and not the size I want to be for Carnival. That is just asking for trouble!
Back to top Go down
http://mjsbunny.blogspot.com/
Carnival Diva

Carnival Diva

Number of posts : 135

PostSubject: Re: to be fit or not to be   to be fit or not to be EmptyWed Sep 24, 2008 10:22 am

I don't have a routine. I'm naturally an active person, and like Quiche, I buy ah costume that fits and that's that!
Back to top Go down
browneyeztrini

browneyeztrini

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2008-09-23

PostSubject: Re: to be fit or not to be   to be fit or not to be EmptyWed Sep 24, 2008 10:36 am

The only thing I do is walk more than I usually do so that I'm not dead tired from 2 days of chipping! I try to stay active all year round and remind myself that whatever size I am, I shouldn't aspire to look like the models in the costume pictures...cuz they don't have my breast size anyhow! lol!
Back to top Go down
dajewel1982

Number of posts : 44

PostSubject: Re: to be fit or not to be   to be fit or not to be EmptyWed Sep 24, 2008 1:21 pm

i bike/run 4-6 times a week for at least 30 minutes. i also do yoga at least 3 times a week. i try to just stick to fresh foods. i try to drink tons of water everyday. get plenty of sleep. i pretty much almost always listen to soca while i work out. also, i motivate myself by looking at pics from carnivals past.
Back to top Go down
Darkie-Ann

Darkie-Ann

Number of posts : 23

PostSubject: Re: to be fit or not to be   to be fit or not to be EmptyWed Sep 24, 2008 1:54 pm

i eat cookies
Back to top Go down
http://www.charlottetrini.com
Puppy Boy

Puppy Boy

Number of posts : 56

PostSubject: Re: to be fit or not to be   to be fit or not to be EmptyWed Sep 24, 2008 3:10 pm

LOL......this year my strategy was simple. I was on the alchohol plan.....

....after 2 or 3 drinks come carnival monday you are NOT going tocare what you look like.....in fact,you may think you are the SEXIEST person alive!!!!
Back to top Go down
mjsbunny

mjsbunny

PostSubject: Re: to be fit or not to be   to be fit or not to be EmptyWed Sep 24, 2008 3:10 pm

PB, you are very correct indeed!
Back to top Go down
mimi

mimi

Number of posts : 69

PostSubject: Re: to be fit or not to be   to be fit or not to be EmptyWed Sep 24, 2008 3:28 pm

Darkie-Ann wrote:
i eat cookies

look i right there with yuh!
Back to top Go down
http://www.carniaddicts.blogspot.com
ms. hershey

ms. hershey

Number of posts : 76

PostSubject: Re: to be fit or not to be   to be fit or not to be EmptyWed Sep 24, 2008 6:18 pm

LMAO @ Darkie Ann & Puppy Boy. Laughing yuh right though.

I've been going to the gym 3-4 days per week. lots of cardio & toning on alternate days. but when i stop to think about it... this is just me trying to remain as healthy as possible, not necessarily for carnival. i bought a costume that fits but like this year, it will probably be too big by the time i do all that jumping up before carnival tuesday. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Afro Chic
Admin
Afro Chic

Number of posts : 263

PostSubject: Re: to be fit or not to be   to be fit or not to be EmptyWed Sep 24, 2008 7:09 pm

It's Carnival.

Once my fat ass playing I happy...I doh care how I look.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bootsbyafrochic.com
Carnival Diva

Carnival Diva

PostSubject: Re: to be fit or not to be   to be fit or not to be EmptyWed Sep 24, 2008 7:12 pm

LIES!
Back to top Go down
natty

natty

Number of posts : 21

PostSubject: Re: to be fit or not to be   to be fit or not to be EmptyWed Sep 24, 2008 7:48 pm

no routine at all. I couldn't care less for the 6 pack and model toned body. Once my costume looks good and i'm fit enough to last the jamming for the two days i'm good.
Back to top Go down
*-»¦«-´¯`★rene★

*-»¦«-´¯`★rene★

Number of posts : 23

PostSubject: Re: to be fit or not to be   to be fit or not to be EmptyWed Sep 24, 2008 11:55 pm

slimfast - once a day
cla,flax seed - three times a day
and thats it since march i doing it cheers its work 2 bad
i will start working out in January and go on some nv
10lb 2 go before carnival wish me luck
Back to top Go down
Carnival Diva

Carnival Diva

PostSubject: Re: to be fit or not to be   to be fit or not to be EmptyThu Sep 25, 2008 12:02 am

I really don't believe that some don't care how they look, generally, not just for carnival.
Back to top Go down
lawyergirl

lawyergirl

Number of posts : 17

PostSubject: Re: to be fit or not to be   to be fit or not to be EmptyThu Sep 25, 2008 12:15 pm

well I am a confirmed gymaholic, i'm one of those rare breed of persons you will find back in the gym the thursday after Carnival (i rest on Ash Wednesday Smile ) so i dont really have a Carnival exercise routine. but my problem is my diet, i LOVE to eat and i love to snack so for about 4-6 months before carnival i try to stick to a more healthy diet, including lots of water, fruit and veggies. i can't ever manage to cut out carbs, but i do try to have little to no carbs after 6 as those two magnificent days approach.
Back to top Go down
bajan

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2008-09-20

PostSubject: Re: to be fit or not to be   to be fit or not to be EmptyFri Sep 26, 2008 8:55 am

I am a gymaholic too. I would just up my cardio to something like 2hrs a day for 2 weeks before the jump to make sure the abs are out in fine form.

As for cutting out carbs and going in the gym trying to work out hard, that is the most rubbish idea ever! Your body needs carbs to get u thru those gruelling workouts, try making fat account for 5-10% of your daily calorie intake (for a short time like a month), consuming healthy carbs- not sugary stuff, and getting in some cardio in the morning before you eat, you will be surprised at how quickly u drop the fat. And you don't hit those training plateuas as hard, you actually have enuff energy to keep you working out hard and increasing your workload right through.
Works wonders on myself and athletes I have to make diet plans for.
Back to top Go down
mysti77

Number of posts : 114
Registration date : 2008-09-22

PostSubject: Re: to be fit or not to be   to be fit or not to be EmptyFri Sep 26, 2008 9:49 am

since mid July I joined the gym, this is not only for carnival though but for MYSELF! Will up the cardio in December to ensure that I have the stamina for Carnival Smile
Back to top Go down
dajewel1982

Number of posts : 44

PostSubject: Re: to be fit or not to be   to be fit or not to be EmptyFri Sep 26, 2008 10:33 am

yeah, i am big time gymoholic!!! i started working out maybe a week or two after carnival this year. i find that if you really want to reach a desired physique for carnival that its better to not work out 2 months before, but maybe 6 months before. i hate to sound shallow, but i prefer to look hot and fit for carnival.
Back to top Go down
Canboulay

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2008-09-21

PostSubject: Re: to be fit or not to be   to be fit or not to be EmptySat Sep 27, 2008 12:32 am

I does start do ah ting 3-4 months b4 touchdown and is relly not fuh vanity........is fuh survival. 12 days ah non-stop drinking followed by jouvert, monday and tuesday in hot sun is no joke.........yuh body relling taking ah beating............and all dat wining............is survival fuh a rum bokkle like me.
Back to top Go down
http://carnivalmanlaws.wordpress.com/
boobs

boobs

Number of posts : 46

PostSubject: Re: to be fit or not to be   to be fit or not to be EmptySat Sep 27, 2008 4:09 pm

I swear by this method! I cut out all juices, white bread, rice, pasta, soda, and red meat and instantly without exercising I will loose inches, I would limit my alcohol intake and stop eating at 6pm, I would incooperate some raw nuts during the day and some fresh fruit, and I start taking my vitamins ontime lol, I drink 1 gallon of water every single day, I would buy the water in gallon sizes and just drink straight from the bottle lol, the water gives me that flawless look and my skin glows! I don't want to loose any weight just tighten up so I stay away from all cardio and I just lift weights to tighten my booty and firm up the legs, after being 220 pounds with my son, the weight was very hard to loose so I don't play that! if I wanted to loose weight all I have to do is run or walk brisk,
Back to top Go down
mjsbunny

mjsbunny

PostSubject: Re: to be fit or not to be   to be fit or not to be EmptySun Sep 28, 2008 3:56 pm

Hoping to order my cross trainer this week. I prefer them to treadmills or steppers. So put on the iPod or a DVD and get working! That's the plan anyway...
Back to top Go down
Afro Chic
Admin
Afro Chic

Number of posts : 263

PostSubject: Re: to be fit or not to be   to be fit or not to be EmptySun Sep 28, 2008 8:43 pm

boobs wrote:
I swear by this method! I cut out all juices, white bread, rice, pasta, soda, and red meat and instantly without exercising I will loose inches, I would limit my alcohol intake and stop eating at 6pm, I would incooperate some raw nuts during the day and some fresh fruit, and I start taking my vitamins ontime lol, I drink 1 gallon of water every single day, I would buy the water in gallon sizes and just drink straight from the bottle lol, the water gives me that flawless look and my skin glows! I don't want to loose any weight just tighten up so I stay away from all cardio and I just lift weights to tighten my booty and firm up the legs, after being 220 pounds with my son, the weight was very hard to loose so I don't play that! if I wanted to loose weight all I have to do is run or walk brisk,

Neutral

All ah dat? Wow.

*licks icecream cone and takes a bite of chocolate cake*
Back to top Go down
http://www.bootsbyafrochic.com
boobs

boobs

Number of posts : 46

PostSubject: Re: to be fit or not to be   to be fit or not to be EmptyMon Sep 29, 2008 11:26 am

afro chic lololol! DEAD! ah want my own over exaggerate designer boots for my caged canary! i want u to hook me up! lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: to be fit or not to be   to be fit or not to be Empty

Back to top Go down

to be fit or not to be
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
the source of all your Carnival information! :: Talk Yuh Talk :: Bacchanal Central-
Jump to: