the source of all your Carnival information!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the source of all your Carnival information!

discussing every and anything Carnival related

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog inBags by MimiBoots by Afro Chic
Latest topics
» WTS: SELL Apple iPhone 4s 32GB Unlocked
Carnival footwear!! EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 8:19 am by shadow25

» Car Shipping Services
Carnival footwear!! EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 12:24 am by Marishvcard

» 20110 world cup Carnival in Bangladesh
Carnival footwear!! EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 3:13 pm by Marishvcard

» Unlocked Apple iPhone 4 32GB For Sale For $350usd
Carnival footwear!! EmptySat May 07, 2011 8:53 am by mohad33

» in need of custom made indian/apache boots. please help asap :D
Carnival footwear!! EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 10:57 pm by dhalpouriie

» PULSE 8 CARNIVAL 2K11 "OUT OF THE WOODS"
Carnival footwear!! EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 12:44 am by kellyann7

» Post your costume wanted/costume for sale ads...
Carnival footwear!! EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 4:55 pm by twiggy

» More than a carnival: Sweet fuh days!
Carnival footwear!! EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 2:58 am by mafiafran

» Carnival Dreams...
Carnival footwear!! EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 2:58 am by mafiafran

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
Quiche
Carnival footwear!! I_vote_lcapCarnival footwear!! I_voting_barCarnival footwear!! I_vote_rcap 
carnivalkrisdude
Carnival footwear!! I_vote_lcapCarnival footwear!! I_voting_barCarnival footwear!! I_vote_rcap 
mjsbunny
saucy_diva
Afro Chic
Black Cherry
socajunkie
Carnival Diva
Carnivaldivaz
browneyeztrini

Carnival footwear!!

Go down 
+4
Quiche
saucy_diva
Carnival Diva
mjsbunny
8 posters
AuthorMessage
mjsbunny

mjsbunny

Number of posts : 355
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Carnival footwear!! Empty
PostSubject: Carnival footwear!!   Carnival footwear!! EmptyFri Oct 03, 2008 1:01 pm

I think I found my boots today, in Primark (really cheap store overe here in the UK). I'm wicked excited now!! YAY!

But on a more serious note, I know those Ugg boots are supposed to be quite comfortable and fairly cheap. But I swear...if I see ANYBODY playing mas in them damned boots, I will rush over, rip them off your feet and throw them in the bin. They are HIDEOUS boots, and it would be better if you played barefoot than in them nasty things!

Just FYI!
Back to top Go down
http://mjsbunny.blogspot.com/
Carnival Diva

Carnival Diva

Number of posts : 135

PostSubject: Re: Carnival footwear!!   Carnival footwear!! EmptyFri Oct 03, 2008 6:18 pm

cheers lol!
Back to top Go down
saucy_diva

saucy_diva

Number of posts : 269
Registration date : 2008-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Carnival footwear!!   Carnival footwear!! EmptyFri Oct 03, 2008 6:46 pm

PICS!!!
Back to top Go down
saucy_diva

saucy_diva

PostSubject: Re: Carnival footwear!!   Carnival footwear!! EmptyFri Oct 03, 2008 6:47 pm

My boots Smile

Carnival footwear!! Dscn3210

Last edited by saucy_diva on Sat Oct 04, 2008 12:08 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Quiche

Quiche

Number of posts : 514

PostSubject: Re: Carnival footwear!!   Carnival footwear!! EmptyFri Oct 03, 2008 7:26 pm

not showing .. i did it the old fashion way to see,lol

edit .. showing now

strange
Back to top Go down
bajan

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2008-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Carnival footwear!!   Carnival footwear!! EmptySat Oct 04, 2008 11:20 am

mjsbunny wrote:
I know those Ugg boots are supposed to be quite comfortable and fairly cheap. But I swear...if I see ANYBODY playing mas in them damned boots, I will rush over, rip them off your feet and throw them in the bin. They are HIDEOUS boots, and it would be better if you played barefoot than in them nasty things!

Just for the record, UGG boots are far from cheap! UGG is a brand and not a style and many people make imitations of them. I just bought a pair (of authentic UGGs) for over £200 and they are far from ugly and are not of the popularly imitated design.
I say if someone wants to wear them go right ahead! Once they are comfortable and are confident in their style rock on!
Back to top Go down
boobs

boobs

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2008-09-21

PostSubject: Re: Carnival footwear!!   Carnival footwear!! EmptySat Oct 04, 2008 4:23 pm

my thoughts exactly! I own alot of uggs boots I wear them in the winter and anytime I want and the cheapest uggs I own was 120usd and I recently bought the new one just came out and that was 280, they aint cheap and they don't look bad and they're comfortable as hell, wear yuh uggs if you want at least you'll be jumping all day with no problems thats for sure!
Back to top Go down
mjsbunny

mjsbunny

PostSubject: Re: Carnival footwear!!   Carnival footwear!! EmptySat Oct 04, 2008 5:25 pm

It doesn't matter how expensive your boots are. I know how much UGGs cost, thank you very much, but they are bloody awful, and I will never own a pair of them. In addition, they are NOT boots to be worn for Carnival.

It's one thing to be comfortable, but there is NO PLACE for UGGs in Carnival. I'm standing by my statement. I have a couple pairs of Crocs and they're wicked comfortable, but does that mean I'm going to be running around town in them? Hell to the no! I leave them in my car to slip in to when I'm driving home after work. Plus, are boots lined in fur really practical for 30 degrees plus weather?

Ripping them off people's feet and throwing them in the bin. cheers

Saucy, I love your boots. Mine are cream leather, so they should be easily customised. CRAZY excited!! For fifteen quid, can't go wrong! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
cafe

cafe

Number of posts : 37

PostSubject: Re: Carnival footwear!!   Carnival footwear!! EmptySat Oct 04, 2008 9:17 pm

Bunny,
What boots did u get in Primarni? R they comfy?
Back to top Go down
mjsbunny

mjsbunny

PostSubject: Re: Carnival footwear!!   Carnival footwear!! EmptySun Oct 05, 2008 5:27 am

I haven't bought them yet, but I shall, once I am positive they're the ones I'm having. I saw them in the Hanley store, but I'm assuming they'll be in any big branch.

They're cream, (fake) leather, flat of course, with some sort of straps and or buckles, but not a whole lot. The material is actually quite soft, so it should be cool. I'm getting a size bigger so I can put in a gel insole, since I think that's essential for Carnival. I'm getting that colour because it'd be easier to spray it gold or bronze. They have quite a lot of boots actually, and while I would never buy footwear in Primarni, I think it's ideal for Carnival.

Suh-weet!
Back to top Go down
cafe

cafe

PostSubject: Re: Carnival footwear!!   Carnival footwear!! EmptySun Oct 05, 2008 6:36 am

Ok cool. Still looking for my boots as its the first year I'll be playing with them. Usuaully I'm a trainers kinda gyal Razz but seeing the views on this blog thought I'd try it out. Very conscious that's it's very sunny back home and having to thick lined boots will be uncomfortable.
Back to top Go down
mjsbunny

mjsbunny

PostSubject: Re: Carnival footwear!!   Carnival footwear!! EmptySun Oct 05, 2008 12:02 pm

You are very right cafe.

I used to be a trainers lass myself, but last year I had some silver boots made and they were excellent. I only had them done because a friend of mine recommended it, and I doubt I can go back to trainers now. Plus I think boots make your legs look longer and leaner (well, the right pair can).

I paid $200 for boots last year, about 18 quid. But they were just plain silver ones. This year, I want to get them customised, since my costume is very elaborate. I've been looking in all those cheap shops and markets, to try and find a pair for a tenner, then pay about fifteen quid getting them customised. Why not, eh?
Back to top Go down
cafe

cafe

PostSubject: Re: Carnival footwear!!   Carnival footwear!! EmptySun Oct 05, 2008 3:56 pm

MjsBunny,
That's cool.So what band/section u're in?
Back to top Go down
carnivalkrisdude

carnivalkrisdude

Number of posts : 434

PostSubject: Re: Carnival footwear!!   Carnival footwear!! EmptySun Oct 05, 2008 8:50 pm

i bought LOCAL..... JOMO....
Back to top Go down
saucy_diva

saucy_diva

PostSubject: Re: Carnival footwear!!   Carnival footwear!! EmptyMon Oct 06, 2008 6:43 am

carnivalkrisdude wrote:

Lets see a pic. I think the local mas boots are really good for men though. Hope you wear insoles.
Back to top Go down
Quiche

Quiche

Number of posts : 514

PostSubject: Re: Carnival footwear!!   Carnival footwear!! EmptyMon Oct 06, 2008 1:32 pm

saucy_diva wrote:
carnivalkrisdude wrote:

Lets see a pic. I think the local mas boots are really good for men though. Hope you wear insoles.

I shud hope he tell you dey at Afro Chic Laughing

for his sake Laughing
Back to top Go down
carnivalkrisdude

carnivalkrisdude

Number of posts : 434

PostSubject: Re: Carnival footwear!!   Carnival footwear!! EmptyMon Dec 01, 2008 6:20 pm

Quiche wrote:
saucy_diva wrote:
carnivalkrisdude wrote:

I shud hope he tell you dey at Afro Chic Laughing

for his sake Laughing

dey cah reach AC Yet....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Carnival footwear!!   Carnival footwear!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Carnival footwear!!
Page 1 of 1