the source of all your Carnival information!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the source of all your Carnival information!

discussing every and anything Carnival related

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog inBags by MimiBoots by Afro Chic
Latest topics
» WTS: SELL Apple iPhone 4s 32GB Unlocked
Can you hold your liquor? EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 8:19 am by shadow25

» Car Shipping Services
Can you hold your liquor? EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 12:24 am by Marishvcard

» 20110 world cup Carnival in Bangladesh
Can you hold your liquor? EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 3:13 pm by Marishvcard

» Unlocked Apple iPhone 4 32GB For Sale For $350usd
Can you hold your liquor? EmptySat May 07, 2011 8:53 am by mohad33

» in need of custom made indian/apache boots. please help asap :D
Can you hold your liquor? EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 10:57 pm by dhalpouriie

» PULSE 8 CARNIVAL 2K11 "OUT OF THE WOODS"
Can you hold your liquor? EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 12:44 am by kellyann7

» Post your costume wanted/costume for sale ads...
Can you hold your liquor? EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 4:55 pm by twiggy

» More than a carnival: Sweet fuh days!
Can you hold your liquor? EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 2:58 am by mafiafran

» Carnival Dreams...
Can you hold your liquor? EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 2:58 am by mafiafran

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
Quiche
Can you hold your liquor? I_vote_lcapCan you hold your liquor? I_voting_barCan you hold your liquor? I_vote_rcap 
carnivalkrisdude
Can you hold your liquor? I_vote_lcapCan you hold your liquor? I_voting_barCan you hold your liquor? I_vote_rcap 
mjsbunny
saucy_diva
Afro Chic
Black Cherry
socajunkie
Carnival Diva
Carnivaldivaz
browneyeztrini

Can you hold your liquor?

Go down 
+12
Bizzie Chic
Darkie-Ann
lovechild
Afro Chic
ms. hershey
dajewel1982
carnivalkrisdude
Quiche
Puppy Boy
browneyeztrini
Black Cherry
mjsbunny
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
mjsbunny

mjsbunny

Number of posts : 355
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Can you hold your liquor? Empty
PostSubject: Can you hold your liquor?   Can you hold your liquor? EmptyFri Oct 10, 2008 5:14 pm

Do people know their limits? I'm guessing not, judging by the amount of people I does see being sick into the drains over the course of the two days.

I know that after about six or seven drinks, to take a break, have some water and a snack then start over again. This way I don't lose my 'buzz' but I don't end up falling under a truck and losing my legs either!

What's your limit? Any tricks you have to make sure you're not one of those people leaving little 'gifts' in front of Rosary Boys?
Back to top Go down
http://mjsbunny.blogspot.com/
Black Cherry

Black Cherry

Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2008-09-26

PostSubject: Re: Can you hold your liquor?   Can you hold your liquor? EmptyFri Oct 10, 2008 5:27 pm

Hmm...here are some suggestions:
1. Understanding your limits - simulate your various stages of drunkeness months before carnival. Document your results so you know when to say when. And when I say simulate, get out in the hot sun, jump up, wine up etc.
2. Buddy system - just like having a designated driver. Make sure you have a friend who knows when to take the cup away.
3. Know your buddies - half of these people you see on the side of the street were abandoned by their so-called friends. Make sure your friends are true and have your back.

If you are unsure of any one of these I would strongly suggest to leave the liquor alone!
BC
Back to top Go down
browneyeztrini

browneyeztrini

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2008-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Can you hold your liquor?   Can you hold your liquor? EmptyFri Oct 10, 2008 8:48 pm

I can actually hold my liquor very well. I've never been insanely drunk after drinking for hours and I don't get hangover symptoms. I've seen friends and family in bad ways over it and, thankfully, have never been that way myself.

One tip I was always told by my mom was that you should never mix certain alcohols in large quantities, i.e. drinking a lot of rum, then vodka, then whisky, etc. Also, not to mix clear and cream liquors, such as rum and Bailey's. Cream liquors and clear liquors being mixed can hurt your belly. And constantly mixing large amounts of different alcohols can lead to alcohol poisoning (which I've seen happen). I know that this doesn't apply to everyone but it can help for people who are not used to the unlimited access to drink trucks, the 2 days of revelry and the hot sun.
Back to top Go down
Puppy Boy

Puppy Boy

Number of posts : 56

PostSubject: Re: Can you hold your liquor?   Can you hold your liquor? EmptyFri Oct 10, 2008 9:14 pm

I HOLD MY LIQUOR VERY WELL....I held hands with Johnny all day monday and tuesday while we rode bulls!!!!

The only bad part was late monday evening I caught a bad leg cramp because I had no water for the WHOLE DAMN DAY!!! I killed time by resting on someone's wall and wining till I felt better!!!!
Back to top Go down
Quiche

Quiche

Number of posts : 514
Registration date : 2008-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Can you hold your liquor?   Can you hold your liquor? EmptySat Oct 11, 2008 12:23 am

browneyeztrini wrote:
I can actually hold my liquor very well. I've never been insanely drunk after drinking for hours and I don't get hangover symptoms. I've seen friends and family in bad ways over it and, thankfully, have never been that way myself.

One tip I was always told by my mom was that you should never mix certain alcohols in large quantities, i.e. drinking a lot of rum, then vodka, then whisky, etc. Also, not to mix clear and cream liquors, such as rum and Bailey's. Cream liquors and clear liquors being mixed can hurt your belly. And constantly mixing large amounts of different alcohols can lead to alcohol poisoning (which I've seen happen). I know that this doesn't apply to everyone but it can help for people who are not used to the unlimited access to drink trucks, the 2 days of revelry and the hot sun.

c'bean people can't say stomach ache Laughing

at home dey does say " give yuh de belly "

but

vodka is de besss.............. goes in clear ..... comes out clear cheers
Back to top Go down
browneyeztrini

browneyeztrini

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2008-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Can you hold your liquor?   Can you hold your liquor? EmptySat Oct 11, 2008 1:34 pm

lol...it's true about stomach/tummy ache

If you peein or sh*tting clear, I fraid for you!
Back to top Go down
Quiche

Quiche

PostSubject: Re: Can you hold your liquor?   Can you hold your liquor? EmptySat Oct 11, 2008 5:25 pm

Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Black Cherry

Black Cherry

Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2008-09-26

PostSubject: Re: Can you hold your liquor?   Can you hold your liquor? EmptySat Oct 11, 2008 7:21 pm

Just a bit of advice ladies:

Another reason to know your limits:

Not sure if this is an urban legend or not but doh end up like de chick who had too much to drink and end up giving ah vagrant some nookie! You will regret that one for a long time!
BC
Back to top Go down
Quiche

Quiche

PostSubject: Re: Can you hold your liquor?   Can you hold your liquor? EmptySat Oct 11, 2008 8:10 pm

cuz he's a vagrant ?

how he diff from de man at de club from 2 saturdays ago? Laughing
Back to top Go down
mjsbunny

mjsbunny

PostSubject: Re: Can you hold your liquor?   Can you hold your liquor? EmptySun Oct 12, 2008 5:08 am

I've heard that story BC. And true or not, it's effing hilarious and should serve as a cautionary tale. afro
Back to top Go down
carnivalkrisdude

carnivalkrisdude

Number of posts : 434

PostSubject: Re: Can you hold your liquor?   Can you hold your liquor? EmptyMon Oct 13, 2008 10:38 pm

Puppy Boy wrote:
I HOLD MY LIQUOR VERY WELL....I held hands with Johnny all day monday and tuesday while we rode bulls!!!!

The only bad part was late monday evening I caught a bad leg cramp because I had no water for the WHOLE DAMN DAY!!! I killed time by resting on someone's wall and wining till I felt better!!!!

that was HIC you on the other HIC side of uncHICle j........ i held hands wid HIC him too
Back to top Go down
carnivalkrisdude

carnivalkrisdude

PostSubject: Re: Can you hold your liquor?   Can you hold your liquor? EmptyMon Oct 13, 2008 10:39 pm

umm ppl, i know my limit... carnival with the hot sun and alcohol is a bad combination PLEASE BE CAREFUL.... take a rest, drink water WATER WATER... and eat ...
Back to top Go down
Quiche

Quiche

PostSubject: Re: Can you hold your liquor?   Can you hold your liquor? EmptyMon Oct 13, 2008 10:48 pm

nope ..... sweat it out cheers
Back to top Go down
carnivalkrisdude

carnivalkrisdude

PostSubject: Re: Can you hold your liquor?   Can you hold your liquor? EmptyMon Oct 13, 2008 11:02 pm

Quiche wrote:

hmmm sweat??? Wink
Back to top Go down
Quiche

Quiche

PostSubject: Re: Can you hold your liquor?   Can you hold your liquor? EmptyMon Oct 13, 2008 11:18 pm

carnivalkrisdude wrote:
Quiche wrote:

hmmm sweat??? Wink

Embarassed

see, FL can't get in this action
Back to top Go down
Puppy Boy

Puppy Boy

PostSubject: Re: Can you hold your liquor?   Can you hold your liquor? EmptyTue Oct 14, 2008 12:29 am

Quiche wrote:
carnivalkrisdude wrote:
Quiche wrote:

hmmm sweat??? Wink

Embarassed

Doh bodder wit Kris.....as long as you not smelling frousy yuh good!!!

I like to see women glistening in the sun anyways.....no time fi be stoosh!!! POOCH BACK THAT BUMPER!!!!
Back to top Go down
Quiche

Quiche

PostSubject: Re: Can you hold your liquor?   Can you hold your liquor? EmptyTue Oct 14, 2008 12:35 am

Puppy Boy wrote:
Quiche wrote:
carnivalkrisdude wrote:
Quiche wrote:

hmmm sweat??? Wink

Embarassed

Doh bodder wit Kris.....as long as you not smelling frousy yuh good!!!

I like to see women glistening in the sun anyways.....no time fi be stoosh!!! POOCH BACK THAT BUMPER!!!!

cheers
Back to top Go down
mjsbunny

mjsbunny

PostSubject: Re: Can you hold your liquor?   Can you hold your liquor? EmptyTue Oct 14, 2008 1:49 am

But I'm sure that's a lovely smell...alcohol and sweat. Yummy! Laughing
Back to top Go down
dajewel1982

Number of posts : 44

PostSubject: Re: Can you hold your liquor?   Can you hold your liquor? EmptyTue Oct 14, 2008 9:54 am

yes, i know my limits, although i didn't really start drink hard till somewhere around 20...(i am 26 now). so, you can imagine the amount of drinking i need to make up for! but seriously, i have been using these past years to sample any and all so that i know how i like what and what i don't like when. i drink enough to let me break way the way i want to, but not enough to loose track of my mind. i have learned its best for me to drink a couple of rum and cokes, drink water in between the rum and cokes and then continue the effects of the buzz from the rum and cokes with some type of beer. of course, i alternate the beers with water. i find when i do this, my buzz lingers longer and that's such a nice feeling drunken

Last edited by dajewel1982 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:57 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : proofreading)
Back to top Go down
ms. hershey

ms. hershey

Number of posts : 76

PostSubject: Re: Can you hold your liquor?   Can you hold your liquor? EmptyTue Oct 14, 2008 10:55 am

a few rules i live by when drinking (becaw i cyah tek nuh sick belly Sad )...
*stick to clear liquor, it's easier on the belly and digests better than dark liquor so you don't get 'outta hand drunk'
* drink 2-3 drinks and then follow it with a bottle of water (you maintain yuh buzz but yuh doh geh mash-up)
* EAT SOMETHING WITH CARBS!!!!
* after a few drinks, lay off, let the buzz hit and marinate. no need to drink the whole bar in one setting. yuh chippin WHOLE DAY, dem have PLENTY LIQUOR an yuh have nuttin but TIME...
Back to top Go down
Afro Chic
Admin
Afro Chic

Number of posts : 263

PostSubject: Re: Can you hold your liquor?   Can you hold your liquor? EmptyTue Oct 14, 2008 11:57 am

I'm not a big drinker, I like my cocktails but afte getting pissing ass drunk at 16 one Christmas I know my limits for sure.

I know how to pace myself and when to just stop.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bootsbyafrochic.com
lovechild

lovechild

Number of posts : 8

PostSubject: Re: Can you hold your liquor?   Can you hold your liquor? EmptyTue Oct 14, 2008 1:12 pm

I am not a big drinker at all...I prefer a coconut water than anything else...So I am never drunk and always the driver to get home... lol!
Back to top Go down
Puppy Boy

Puppy Boy

PostSubject: Re: Can you hold your liquor?   Can you hold your liquor? EmptyTue Oct 14, 2008 6:53 pm

lovechild wrote:
I am not a big drinker at all...I prefer a coconut water than anything else...So I am never drunk and always the driver to get home... lol!

Like I might haffi hire you to be my new driver next year.....lol!!! Razz
Back to top Go down
carnivalkrisdude

carnivalkrisdude

PostSubject: Re: Can you hold your liquor?   Can you hold your liquor? EmptyTue Oct 14, 2008 8:12 pm

Puppy Boy wrote:
lovechild wrote:

Like I might haffi hire you to be my new driver next year.....lol!!! Razz

how much you chargin?? i hirin you.... hard luck dey pup...
Back to top Go down
Darkie-Ann

Darkie-Ann

Number of posts : 23

PostSubject: Re: Can you hold your liquor?   Can you hold your liquor? EmptyTue Oct 14, 2008 8:54 pm

the answer is no, half a beer and i'm giggly. so only water and gatorade for me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.charlottetrini.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can you hold your liquor?   Can you hold your liquor? Empty

Back to top Go down

Can you hold your liquor?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
the source of all your Carnival information! :: Talk Yuh Talk :: Bacchanal Central-
Jump to: