the source of all your Carnival information!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the source of all your Carnival information!

discussing every and anything Carnival related

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog inBags by MimiBoots by Afro Chic
Latest topics
» WTS: SELL Apple iPhone 4s 32GB Unlocked
Can you hold your liquor? - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 8:19 am by shadow25

» Car Shipping Services
Can you hold your liquor? - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 12:24 am by Marishvcard

» 20110 world cup Carnival in Bangladesh
Can you hold your liquor? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 3:13 pm by Marishvcard

» Unlocked Apple iPhone 4 32GB For Sale For $350usd
Can you hold your liquor? - Page 2 EmptySat May 07, 2011 8:53 am by mohad33

» in need of custom made indian/apache boots. please help asap :D
Can you hold your liquor? - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 10:57 pm by dhalpouriie

» PULSE 8 CARNIVAL 2K11 "OUT OF THE WOODS"
Can you hold your liquor? - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 12:44 am by kellyann7

» Post your costume wanted/costume for sale ads...
Can you hold your liquor? - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 4:55 pm by twiggy

» More than a carnival: Sweet fuh days!
Can you hold your liquor? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 2:58 am by mafiafran

» Carnival Dreams...
Can you hold your liquor? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 2:58 am by mafiafran

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
Quiche
Can you hold your liquor? - Page 2 I_vote_lcapCan you hold your liquor? - Page 2 I_voting_barCan you hold your liquor? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
carnivalkrisdude
Can you hold your liquor? - Page 2 I_vote_lcapCan you hold your liquor? - Page 2 I_voting_barCan you hold your liquor? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
mjsbunny
saucy_diva
Afro Chic
Black Cherry
socajunkie
Carnival Diva
Carnivaldivaz
browneyeztrini

Can you hold your liquor?

Go down 
+12
Bizzie Chic
Darkie-Ann
lovechild
Afro Chic
ms. hershey
dajewel1982
carnivalkrisdude
Quiche
Puppy Boy
browneyeztrini
Black Cherry
mjsbunny
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Quiche

Quiche

Number of posts : 514
Registration date : 2008-09-17

Can you hold your liquor? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can you hold your liquor?   Can you hold your liquor? - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 14, 2008 11:06 pm

Darkie-Ann wrote:
the answer is no, half a beer and i'm giggly. so only water and gatorade for me.

Shocked

i hope u luv ur costume Laughing
Back to top Go down
Puppy Boy

Puppy Boy

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2008-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Can you hold your liquor?   Can you hold your liquor? - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 15, 2008 6:28 am

carnivalkrisdude wrote:
Puppy Boy wrote:
lovechild wrote:
I am not a big drinker at all...I prefer a coconut water than anything else...So I am never drunk and always the driver to get home... lol!

Like I might haffi hire you to be my new driver next year.....lol!!! Razz

how much you chargin?? i hirin you.... hard luck dey pup...

But wha d jail..............Kris.....why you a line jumper so???
Back to top Go down
Quiche

Quiche

PostSubject: Re: Can you hold your liquor?   Can you hold your liquor? - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 15, 2008 3:35 pm

Puppy Boy wrote:
carnivalkrisdude wrote:
Puppy Boy wrote:
lovechild wrote:
I am not a big drinker at all...I prefer a coconut water than anything else...So I am never drunk and always the driver to get home... lol!

Like I might haffi hire you to be my new driver next year.....lol!!! Razz

how much you chargin?? i hirin you.... hard luck dey pup...

But wha d jail..............Kris.....why you a line jumper so???

u got rick roll'd cheers

kris is the biggest boss Laughing
Back to top Go down
Bizzie Chic

Bizzie Chic

Number of posts : 46

PostSubject: Re: Can you hold your liquor?   Can you hold your liquor? - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 15, 2008 4:46 pm

I am a social drinker. Embarassed
The heat Carnival Mon + Tues just adds pressure to getting drunk faster scratch

Water!!! Hydrate!!! A drink in my right hand and a bottle of water in my left...thats how I do it in the heat and yes I know my limits Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Carnival Diva

Carnival Diva

Number of posts : 135

PostSubject: I'm a social drinker   Can you hold your liquor? - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 17, 2008 2:34 am

i also know my limit, people think, 'lawd it part ah meh package so lemme buss de bar one time' next thing they puking their very lives away making ah total ass of themselves all over de place. there's no need, however, to some that's fun
Rolling Eyes

just gimme coconut water and lots of water, the odd time i'll take a drink or 2 from the bar
Back to top Go down
Quiche

Quiche

PostSubject: Re: Can you hold your liquor?   Can you hold your liquor? - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 17, 2008 8:41 am

Carnival Diva wrote:
i also know my limit, people think, 'lawd it part ah meh package so lemme buss de bar one time' next thing they puking their very lives away making ah total ass of themselves all over de place. there's no need, however, to some that's fun Rolling Eyes

just gimme coconut water and lots of water, the odd time i'll take a drink or 2 from the bar

sounds like FL Razz
Back to top Go down
socadiva70

Number of posts : 8

PostSubject: Re: Can you hold your liquor?   Can you hold your liquor? - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 17, 2008 9:15 am

Its really strange cos I never seem to get drunk on the road, in ah fete yes, but on the road, I could be drinking from morning til night, and all i will have is a high....... maybe it to do with the fact that I don't mix my drinks rum and coke & Ice all day!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.trinidadfetetickets.com
Carnivaldivaz

Carnivaldivaz

Number of posts : 132

PostSubject: Re: Can you hold your liquor?   Can you hold your liquor? - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 17, 2008 10:19 am

Some people feel the need to drink $400 worth of liquor because they paid for it. Bartenders on the road should use the same ethics, not give a drunken person anyone drinks. It becomes a hazard after awhile for both the person and the band.
Back to top Go down
http://www.carnivaldivaz.com
browneyeztrini

browneyeztrini

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2008-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Can you hold your liquor?   Can you hold your liquor? - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 17, 2008 10:22 am

Carnivaldivaz wrote:
Some people feel the need to drink $400 worth of liquor because they paid for it. Bartenders on the road should use the same ethics, not give a drunken person anyone drinks. It becomes a hazard after awhile for both the person and the band.

Ironically enough, we just had the first case in Canadian history of a bartender and bar owner being charged for manslaughter in the death of a 20-something year old woman who died of alcohol poisoning, as it was proven that they should've stopped serving her after a certain time. I also believe that if certain drink trucks see a patron who has reached their limit, they should stop serving that patron. But, even so, I've always believed that we as individuals have a responsibility to ourselves and to the people that came with us to know when enough is enough.
Back to top Go down
ms. hershey

ms. hershey

Number of posts : 76

PostSubject: Re: Can you hold your liquor?   Can you hold your liquor? - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 17, 2008 11:23 am

socadiva70 wrote:
Its really strange cos I never seem to get drunk on the road, in ah fete yes, but on the road, I could be drinking from morning til night, and all i will have is a high....... maybe it to do with the fact that I don't mix my drinks rum and coke & Ice all day!!!!

that's a definite rule. no mixing... ever. it will mash you up every time. maybe it's the fact that i'm moving whole day, drinking water whole day (and gatorade) or whatever but i've never been 'drunk' on the road either. hell, i don't get drunk un fetes either. it's just not a sweet feeling for me and the aftermath is enough to make me avoid it at all costs
Back to top Go down
Carnival Diva

Carnival Diva

PostSubject: Re: Can you hold your liquor?   Can you hold your liquor? - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 17, 2008 11:52 am

Quiche wrote:
Carnival Diva wrote:
i also know my limit, people think, 'lawd it part ah meh package so lemme buss de bar one time' next thing they puking their very lives away making ah total ass of themselves all over de place. there's no need, however, to some that's fun Rolling Eyes

sounds like FL Razz

IF ONLY!
But, poor you...i'll be the one taking pics of you when yuh ass up in deh air and green liquid pouring out yuh mouth on de road! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Carnival Diva

Carnival Diva

PostSubject: Re: Can you hold your liquor?   Can you hold your liquor? - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 17, 2008 11:53 am

browneyeztrini wrote:
Carnivaldivaz wrote:

Ironically enough, we just had the first case in Canadian history of a bartender and bar owner being charged for manslaughter in the death of a 20-something year old woman who died of alcohol poisoning, as it was proven that they should've stopped serving her after a certain time. I also believe that if certain drink trucks see a patron who has reached their limit, they should stop serving that patron. But, even so, I've always believed that we as individuals have a responsibility to ourselves and to the people that came with us to know when enough is enough.

REALLY? wow
what part of Toronto are you?
Back to top Go down
dajewel1982

Number of posts : 44

PostSubject: Re: Can you hold your liquor?   Can you hold your liquor? - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 17, 2008 12:36 pm

socadiva70 wrote:

sadly, that happened to me this year...as you missed me i had two caribs/rum and coke/heniken in my hands...all day...and didn't really get tight Sad...but in a fete, was a whole different story....
Back to top Go down
browneyeztrini

browneyeztrini

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2008-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Can you hold your liquor?   Can you hold your liquor? - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 17, 2008 1:24 pm

Carnival Diva wrote:
browneyeztrini wrote:
Carnivaldivaz wrote:

REALLY? wow

I'm kind of central. If you know the city, I'm near Eglinton West and the Allen Road.
Back to top Go down
Carnivaldivaz

Carnivaldivaz

Number of posts : 132

PostSubject: Re: Can you hold your liquor?   Can you hold your liquor? - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 17, 2008 1:27 pm

browneyeztrini wrote:
Carnivaldivaz wrote:

It becomes a liability for the band. This person can run in front of the truck or harm other people. So people become violent when intoxicated. Bands have to take partial responsibility because the people level of consciousness is impaired.
Back to top Go down
http://www.carnivaldivaz.com
mjsbunny

mjsbunny

Number of posts : 355

PostSubject: Re: Can you hold your liquor?   Can you hold your liquor? - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 17, 2008 1:39 pm

It's a good idea in theory, to have the bar staff and the band take some sort of responsibility for their drunken masqueraders. But I don't think it's practical when you consider the size of the band and the fact that there are different bar trucks. In addition, when you consider how easy it is for someone to move around within the band as well.

Plus how could you tell weather someone's drunk, or just excited to be on the road playing mas? Then you have the staff, who you can't really call bartenders. They're just people the band is paying the bare minimum to, whose only qualifications appear to be that they don't drop bottles when the truck moves off.

It would be nice if people took responsibility for themselves though, hence knowing their limits. And what about people in the crew? Everybody drunk? Jokes yes!
Back to top Go down
http://mjsbunny.blogspot.com/
Carnival Diva

Carnival Diva

PostSubject: Re: Can you hold your liquor?   Can you hold your liquor? - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 17, 2008 10:03 pm

browneyeztrini wrote:
Carnival Diva wrote:
browneyeztrini wrote:
Carnivaldivaz wrote:

REALLY? wow

I'm kind of central. If you know the city, I'm near Eglinton West and the Allen Road.

yea, yea, i know
Back to top Go down
Quiche

Quiche

PostSubject: Re: Can you hold your liquor?   Can you hold your liquor? - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 18, 2008 5:41 pm

Carnival Diva wrote:
Quiche wrote:
Carnival Diva wrote:

sounds like FL Razz

IF ONLY!
But, poor you...i'll be the one taking pics of you when yuh ass up in deh air and green liquid pouring out yuh mouth on de road! Laughing

you obviously weren't paying attention ; "go in clear .. comes out clear " Razz
Back to top Go down
carnivalkrisdude

carnivalkrisdude

Number of posts : 434

PostSubject: Re: Can you hold your liquor?   Can you hold your liquor? - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 20, 2008 12:06 am

Quiche wrote:
Carnival Diva wrote:
Quiche wrote:
Carnival Diva wrote:

sounds like FL Razz

IF ONLY!

you obviously weren't paying attention ; "go in clear .. comes out clear "

Razz

i second that.. and besides get it out to make room for more cheers
Back to top Go down
carnivalkrisdude

carnivalkrisdude

PostSubject: Re: Can you hold your liquor?   Can you hold your liquor? - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 20, 2008 12:10 am

Puppy Boy wrote:
Quiche wrote:
carnivalkrisdude wrote:
Quiche wrote:
nope ..... sweat it out cheers

hmmm sweat??? Wink

Embarassed

see, FL can't get in this action

Doh bodder wit Kris.....as long as you not smelling frousy yuh good!!!

I like to see women glistening in the sun anyways.....no time fi be stoosh!!! POOCH BACK THAT BUMPER!!!!

there are many ways one can work up a sweat you know
Back to top Go down
Quiche

Quiche

PostSubject: Re: Can you hold your liquor?   Can you hold your liquor? - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 20, 2008 2:15 pm

carnivalkrisdude wrote:
Puppy Boy wrote:
Quiche wrote:
carnivalkrisdude wrote:
Quiche wrote:

hmmm sweat??? Wink

Embarassed

I like to see women glistening in the sun anyways.....no time fi be stoosh!!! POOCH BACK THAT BUMPER!!!!

let the uneducated be Laughing

and i only speaking about de matter at hand, don't raise yuh hackles,lol
Back to top Go down
carnivalkrisdude

carnivalkrisdude

PostSubject: Re: Can you hold your liquor?   Can you hold your liquor? - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 22, 2008 11:58 am

Quiche wrote:
carnivalkrisdude wrote:
Puppy Boy wrote:
Quiche wrote:
carnivalkrisdude wrote:
Quiche wrote:

hmmm sweat??? Wink

Embarassed

let the uneducated be Laughing

and i only speaking about de matter at hand, don't raise yuh hackles,lol

I SAW THAT!!!!! lol....
Back to top Go down
Quiche

Quiche

PostSubject: Re: Can you hold your liquor?   Can you hold your liquor? - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 22, 2008 11:59 am

yuh does have to issue dem des days.. people does get offended fass
Back to top Go down
carnivalkrisdude

carnivalkrisdude

PostSubject: Re: Can you hold your liquor?   Can you hold your liquor? - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 22, 2008 10:39 pm

Quiche wrote:
yuh does have to issue dem des days.. people does get offended fass

maybe i should try on you know who
Back to top Go down
quiksilver

quiksilver

Number of posts : 6

PostSubject: Re: Can you hold your liquor?   Can you hold your liquor? - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 23, 2008 12:05 am

i hold my alcohol very well
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can you hold your liquor?   Can you hold your liquor? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Can you hold your liquor?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
the source of all your Carnival information! :: Talk Yuh Talk :: Bacchanal Central-
Jump to: