the source of all your Carnival information!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the source of all your Carnival information!

discussing every and anything Carnival related

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog inBags by MimiBoots by Afro Chic
Latest topics
» WTS: SELL Apple iPhone 4s 32GB Unlocked
ok here goes was there anyone who had a problem free band??? EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 8:19 am by shadow25

» Car Shipping Services
ok here goes was there anyone who had a problem free band??? EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 12:24 am by Marishvcard

» 20110 world cup Carnival in Bangladesh
ok here goes was there anyone who had a problem free band??? EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 3:13 pm by Marishvcard

» Unlocked Apple iPhone 4 32GB For Sale For $350usd
ok here goes was there anyone who had a problem free band??? EmptySat May 07, 2011 8:53 am by mohad33

» in need of custom made indian/apache boots. please help asap :D
ok here goes was there anyone who had a problem free band??? EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 10:57 pm by dhalpouriie

» PULSE 8 CARNIVAL 2K11 "OUT OF THE WOODS"
ok here goes was there anyone who had a problem free band??? EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 12:44 am by kellyann7

» Post your costume wanted/costume for sale ads...
ok here goes was there anyone who had a problem free band??? EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 4:55 pm by twiggy

» More than a carnival: Sweet fuh days!
ok here goes was there anyone who had a problem free band??? EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 2:58 am by mafiafran

» Carnival Dreams...
ok here goes was there anyone who had a problem free band??? EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 2:58 am by mafiafran

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
Quiche
ok here goes was there anyone who had a problem free band??? I_vote_lcapok here goes was there anyone who had a problem free band??? I_voting_barok here goes was there anyone who had a problem free band??? I_vote_rcap 
carnivalkrisdude
ok here goes was there anyone who had a problem free band??? I_vote_lcapok here goes was there anyone who had a problem free band??? I_voting_barok here goes was there anyone who had a problem free band??? I_vote_rcap 
mjsbunny
saucy_diva
Afro Chic
Black Cherry
socajunkie
Carnival Diva
Carnivaldivaz
browneyeztrini

ok here goes was there anyone who had a problem free band???

Go down 
+2
yankee arima gyal
bachanalmas
6 posters
AuthorMessage
bachanalmas

bachanalmas

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2008-10-02

ok here goes was there anyone who had a problem free band??? Empty
PostSubject: ok here goes was there anyone who had a problem free band???   ok here goes was there anyone who had a problem free band??? EmptyThu Mar 05, 2009 6:06 am

i mean i seeing reviews and reports on utter chaos in all bands!!

D krewe - more costume issues my Parrott section freinds didnt get thiers until sunday AGAIN

Island People - well u guys must ah seen how many bad reviews my friend played in love and her costume fell apart from home lol

Tribe - Pheasant Frontline my friend xreds played in that and she said headress and backpack great body wear a let down things missing, poor customer service, bad security

Kaotic - Costume issues due to Ricardo Gomez, and bad customer service

anymore people been having issues??? cos this dont look good No
Back to top Go down
yankee arima gyal

yankee arima gyal

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2008-09-18

PostSubject: Re: ok here goes was there anyone who had a problem free band???   ok here goes was there anyone who had a problem free band??? EmptyThu Mar 05, 2009 12:30 pm

I don't know where to begin... I had such high hopes for IP this year. My experience with them in 2007 had me defending them even after all the mess I heard about them for 08. The only positive thing I can say about the entire IP experience this year was that my costume fit and was absolutely beautifull. I am still to angry to finish my comment so I'll try again later.
Back to top Go down
http://masqueradersunited.com
Island Soul

Island Soul

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2008-09-17

PostSubject: Re: ok here goes was there anyone who had a problem free band???   ok here goes was there anyone who had a problem free band??? EmptySat Mar 07, 2009 4:48 pm

Pulse 8 was great!! The problems that did occur with them were minor and promptly and courteously corrected. My experience with them this year puts last year with IP to shame!!
Back to top Go down
mjsbunny

mjsbunny

Number of posts : 355

PostSubject: Re: ok here goes was there anyone who had a problem free band???   ok here goes was there anyone who had a problem free band??? EmptySat Mar 07, 2009 5:48 pm

I don't know what problems your friend had, but I played in Pheasant FL too and apart from my big head affecting my headpiece, I didn't have a single issue with TRIBE this year. I took it down to be repaired and also got my bra exchanged and Monique even added some extra stuff to the new bra, my waistpiece and neckpiece! My only quibble with them is that the band is WAY too big. We'll see what happens next year!
Back to top Go down
http://mjsbunny.blogspot.com/
carnivalkrisdude

carnivalkrisdude

Number of posts : 434

PostSubject: Re: ok here goes was there anyone who had a problem free band???   ok here goes was there anyone who had a problem free band??? EmptySun Mar 08, 2009 6:42 am

steupse... i had issues with my costume with dkrewe from the START. HOWEVER, the road experience has wiped away any mal thoughts about them and to me thats what's most important. i have been asked if i would play with them for 2k10 and my answer is a big fat YES cheers
Back to top Go down
Carnivaldivaz

Carnivaldivaz

Number of posts : 132

PostSubject: Re: ok here goes was there anyone who had a problem free band???   ok here goes was there anyone who had a problem free band??? EmptyMon Mar 09, 2009 12:24 pm

I played in Love Option B on Monday and was actually okay, the only thing that broke was my neck piece, which ip showed me how to reinforce it. Love stood up more than dream frontline, but I think that was due to both costumes being entirely jewels.

Next year I want to play an individual again, but I havent found a band that caters to their individuals. I played an individual in Legacy a few years back. (the last year that we had a stage) And had a great experience, I crossed the stage by myself, followed by the frontliners then the floor members.

I watched Harts, IP, Spice, and B.O.S.S. carnival tuesday before leaving the house and all of their individuals (expect for B.O.S.S. because they was part of a presentation) crossed the stage together one after the other. There was no special attention, like the attention that I recieved in legacy. Problem is after recieveing numerous beautifu costumes from IP (minus 2009). I cannot see myself wearing another costume made by legacy.

I would like to find a band that individuals doesnt have any problems with.
Back to top Go down
http://www.carnivaldivaz.com
Island Soul

Island Soul

Number of posts : 64

PostSubject: Re: ok here goes was there anyone who had a problem free band???   ok here goes was there anyone who had a problem free band??? EmptyMon Mar 09, 2009 2:17 pm

Carnivaldivaz wrote:
I played in Love Option B on Monday and was actually okay, the only thing that broke was my neck piece, which ip showed me how to reinforce it. Love stood up more than dream frontline, but I think that was due to both costumes being entirely jewels.

Next year I want to play an individual again, but I havent found a band that caters to their individuals. I played an individual in Legacy a few years back. (the last year that we had a stage) And had a great experience, I crossed the stage by myself, followed by the frontliners then the floor members.

I watched Harts, IP, Spice, and B.O.S.S. carnival tuesday before leaving the house and all of their individuals (expect for B.O.S.S. because they was part of a presentation) crossed the stage together one after the other. There was no special attention, like the attention that I recieved in legacy. Problem is after recieveing numerous beautifu costumes from IP (minus 2009). I cannot see myself wearing another costume made by legacy.

I would like to find a band that individuals doesnt have any problems with.

You should take another look at the second Harts review on the blog http://www.trinidadcarnivaldiary.com/2009/03/harts-review-2.html . If I understand IndHO correctly they all (individuals) crossed together, THEN went back to lead their respective sections as well. She seems to have had the treatment that you are looking for. Might be worth looking into.
Back to top Go down
Carnivaldivaz

Carnivaldivaz

Number of posts : 132

PostSubject: Re: ok here goes was there anyone who had a problem free band???   ok here goes was there anyone who had a problem free band??? EmptyMon Mar 09, 2009 6:27 pm

I will definitely look into it. I just hope that if i indeed decide to, I will be welcomed with open arms.
Back to top Go down
http://www.carnivaldivaz.com
yankee arima gyal

yankee arima gyal

Number of posts : 56

PostSubject: Re: ok here goes was there anyone who had a problem free band???   ok here goes was there anyone who had a problem free band??? EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 3:52 pm

They wouldn't even let our section leader on the stage in front of us and the front liners were all mixed in. I was in Dream and loved the costume. I was seriously let down by the band. Some of my friends had a rough time changing things with their costumes, security was nonexistant. I mean the entire day non masqueraders were mixed in. The food was terrible. We did not have a place to stop and eat (I miss that from IP 07 and Tribe 06 and 08) the people on one of the food trucks were so rude and security was eating before us.
The songs that I really liked this season I never heard on the road which was disapointing. However, as one friend pointed out I could have been home in MD in 30 degrees. So even a hot rainy mess of Carnival Tuesday is worth it. I'll be back next year but not with IP!
Back to top Go down
http://masqueradersunited.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ok here goes was there anyone who had a problem free band???   ok here goes was there anyone who had a problem free band??? Empty

Back to top Go down

ok here goes was there anyone who had a problem free band???
Page 1 of 1