the source of all your Carnival information!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the source of all your Carnival information!

discussing every and anything Carnival related

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog inBags by MimiBoots by Afro Chic
Latest topics
» WTS: SELL Apple iPhone 4s 32GB Unlocked
hmmmmm the quality of costumes was real low this year aye?? EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 8:19 am by shadow25

» Car Shipping Services
hmmmmm the quality of costumes was real low this year aye?? EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 12:24 am by Marishvcard

» 20110 world cup Carnival in Bangladesh
hmmmmm the quality of costumes was real low this year aye?? EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 3:13 pm by Marishvcard

» Unlocked Apple iPhone 4 32GB For Sale For $350usd
hmmmmm the quality of costumes was real low this year aye?? EmptySat May 07, 2011 8:53 am by mohad33

» in need of custom made indian/apache boots. please help asap :D
hmmmmm the quality of costumes was real low this year aye?? EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 10:57 pm by dhalpouriie

» PULSE 8 CARNIVAL 2K11 "OUT OF THE WOODS"
hmmmmm the quality of costumes was real low this year aye?? EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 12:44 am by kellyann7

» Post your costume wanted/costume for sale ads...
hmmmmm the quality of costumes was real low this year aye?? EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 4:55 pm by twiggy

» More than a carnival: Sweet fuh days!
hmmmmm the quality of costumes was real low this year aye?? EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 2:58 am by mafiafran

» Carnival Dreams...
hmmmmm the quality of costumes was real low this year aye?? EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 2:58 am by mafiafran

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
Quiche
hmmmmm the quality of costumes was real low this year aye?? I_vote_lcaphmmmmm the quality of costumes was real low this year aye?? I_voting_barhmmmmm the quality of costumes was real low this year aye?? I_vote_rcap 
carnivalkrisdude
hmmmmm the quality of costumes was real low this year aye?? I_vote_lcaphmmmmm the quality of costumes was real low this year aye?? I_voting_barhmmmmm the quality of costumes was real low this year aye?? I_vote_rcap 
mjsbunny
saucy_diva
Afro Chic
Black Cherry
socajunkie
Carnival Diva
Carnivaldivaz
browneyeztrini

hmmmmm the quality of costumes was real low this year aye??

Go down 
+6
yankee arima gyal
mimi
Island Soul
Carnivaldivaz
mjsbunny
bachanalmas
10 posters
AuthorMessage
bachanalmas

bachanalmas

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2008-10-02

hmmmmm the quality of costumes was real low this year aye?? Empty
PostSubject: hmmmmm the quality of costumes was real low this year aye??   hmmmmm the quality of costumes was real low this year aye?? EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 5:14 pm

i starting to see pics pop up everywhere of costumes in dispair after paying so much for a costume esp in the "IT" bands would you not be vex if this happened to it??? https://i.servimg.com/u/f85/13/65/45/94/n5083110.jpg i mean should same consumer rights apply to costumes that were badly made and not quality tested??? should bands not offer a refund if the costume has a genuine fault??? me personally i would offer it within reason! im willing to put my money where my quality of production is concerned!

on another note when that rain fell at lunch time tues morning i dont know why the hell i was thinking it but i thought of all you guys in tribe with all them ostrich plumes not just getting wet but we all know them deep dyed feathers run like a bitch! i was seeing trails of IP and tribe costumes on de floor all down town! mine i jus stuck in a speaker on de truck the bass blew it bone dry lol good tip!!!
Back to top Go down
mjsbunny

mjsbunny

Number of posts : 355
Registration date : 2008-09-18

PostSubject: Re: hmmmmm the quality of costumes was real low this year aye??   hmmmmm the quality of costumes was real low this year aye?? EmptyThu Mar 12, 2009 5:19 am

I'm going to have to disagree slightly. My costume was ACE!! It held up SO well...better than my bloody tights did! I have zero complaints about my costume this year (apart from my head being too big for the headpiece. But that's my fault. Not TRIBE's.)

And luckily, we were at lunch when the heavens opened, so most people were lucky enough to get shelter. Suh-weet! But, I'm sure Trinidad has an exceedingly large carbon footprint, so I'm sure this won't be the last year it rains for Carnival. Sigh! The designers will just have to adapt, eh?

Roll on 2k10!
Back to top Go down
http://mjsbunny.blogspot.com/
Carnivaldivaz

Carnivaldivaz

Number of posts : 132

PostSubject: Re: hmmmmm the quality of costumes was real low this year aye??   hmmmmm the quality of costumes was real low this year aye?? EmptyThu Mar 12, 2009 10:43 am

I played in Love Option B and Dream Frontline, I will not go as far as to say that the costume was poorly made, only because I am a costume designer and a jeweler. Those costumes is for pageantry only and not to get on bad in. The three jeweled costumes in IP Love Option B, Dream Frontline and Angel Falls Frontline complications were because it was entire jewels which snagged on everyone and everything and the tension caused them to snap. Even if you had tested that costume out before, the section leader wouldnt have known this unless the model wore it in a party and danced with people. Certain masqueraders that did not carry on as bad as i did, went home with their costume in tact. I think that this was something new for the designer and now she has enough feedback to find another approach on achieving the same look. BM, a fellow designer and I know that there is some materials that looks very nice and you may try it out but you never know what the end result would be with it. I think that IP, Spice, and Tribe costumes were up to par and well made (especially the imported ones). The only band that disappionted me up close was d'Krewe.

* And no, I dont have any ties with the Designer nor IP, this is just my opinion.
Back to top Go down
http://www.carnivaldivaz.com
Island Soul

Island Soul

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2008-09-17

PostSubject: Re: hmmmmm the quality of costumes was real low this year aye??   hmmmmm the quality of costumes was real low this year aye?? EmptyThu Mar 12, 2009 12:49 pm

Well I didn't play in an IT band, but my costume was gorgeous (Pulse 8 Spicy Wasabi) and held up VERY well. Except for a little bit of color loss from some of the sequins from the extended rain, and the expected loss of hanging beads from the back where they got tangled up in bf belt and he literally ripped them off of me, lol. No way that was not going to happen!! The workmanship on the costume was really good!!
Back to top Go down
mimi

mimi

Number of posts : 69

PostSubject: Re: hmmmmm the quality of costumes was real low this year aye??   hmmmmm the quality of costumes was real low this year aye?? EmptyThu Mar 12, 2009 3:22 pm

i don't know about that nah bachannalmas. My costume held up very well to the rain and came home in tact!! just few sequin missing. Tribe costumes I know are study and don't really fall apart. IP...i'm not too sure. IMHO i think IP costumes looked washed out, but thats just me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.carniaddicts.blogspot.com
bachanalmas

bachanalmas

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2008-10-02

PostSubject: Re: hmmmmm the quality of costumes was real low this year aye??   hmmmmm the quality of costumes was real low this year aye?? EmptyThu Mar 12, 2009 6:32 pm

hey guys i didnt mean everyones costumes were shoddy i meant the ones i seeing!!! lol i know not every material works but i knew when i saw them Jewelery Pieces used on IP's costumes i knew it was trouble, i know there are some cases where you cant predict what will happen once your costume hits the road but a general test will ensure issues wont occur, like i had a pre launch in Dec and found there was one costume of mine giving issues these rings on a belt beaded scrapping the inside of someones thighs so that costume has since undergone minor tweaking!
i know a general tug here and there just to check if the materials are resistant to some minor strain if it pops then you know it cant work!
Back to top Go down
Carnivaldivaz

Carnivaldivaz

PostSubject: Re: hmmmmm the quality of costumes was real low this year aye??   hmmmmm the quality of costumes was real low this year aye?? EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 10:44 am

Mimi, I agree that IP costumes looked dull on the road but i think thats because they did not use any neon colors it was only neturals, pastels, and dark colors. None of the sections popped as in other bands.
Back to top Go down
yankee arima gyal

yankee arima gyal

Number of posts : 56

PostSubject: Re: hmmmmm the quality of costumes was real low this year aye??   hmmmmm the quality of costumes was real low this year aye?? EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 3:54 pm

I loved my Dream backline costume. I felt beautifull on the road and it held up great. I didn't tie it tight enough on one side and crossing the first judging point I whined right out of my bottom piece LOL. Once I knotted it I was good the rest of the day!!
Back to top Go down
http://masqueradersunited.com
Carnivaldivaz

Carnivaldivaz

PostSubject: Re: hmmmmm the quality of costumes was real low this year aye??   hmmmmm the quality of costumes was real low this year aye?? EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 4:17 pm

That was the biggest positive to IP costumes, that fact that the waist band tied on both sides.
Back to top Go down
mjsbunny

mjsbunny

Number of posts : 355

PostSubject: Re: hmmmmm the quality of costumes was real low this year aye??   hmmmmm the quality of costumes was real low this year aye?? EmptySat Mar 14, 2009 9:46 am

Mimi, you look GORGEOUS in your avatar!
Back to top Go down
http://mjsbunny.blogspot.com/
mimi

mimi

PostSubject: Re: hmmmmm the quality of costumes was real low this year aye??   hmmmmm the quality of costumes was real low this year aye?? EmptySat Mar 14, 2009 11:06 am

awww thank u bunny!!!!!
Back to top Go down
PassionFruit

PassionFruit

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2009-01-04

PostSubject: Re: hmmmmm the quality of costumes was real low this year aye??   hmmmmm the quality of costumes was real low this year aye?? EmptySun Mar 15, 2009 6:23 pm

Mimi, too true - you look fantastic!

Yankee Arima Gyal looking sweet too bad too! Love the purple headpiece.

Next year, I am definitely getting the big headpiece.
Back to top Go down
mimi

mimi

PostSubject: Re: hmmmmm the quality of costumes was real low this year aye??   hmmmmm the quality of costumes was real low this year aye?? EmptyMon Mar 16, 2009 3:38 pm

mjsbunny wrote:
Mimi, you look GORGEOUS in your avatar!
[quote="PassionFruit]Mimi, too true - you look fantastic!

Yankee Arima Gyal looking sweet too bad too! Love the purple headpiece.

Next year, I am definitely getting the big headpiece.[/quote]

Thanks bunny and PF! allyuh makin me blush Embarassed
Yankee Arima Gyal I have to agree with PF you looked real nice!
Bunny yuh have to send me a pic in ur fabulous costume eh!!
Back to top Go down
carnivalkrisdude

carnivalkrisdude

Number of posts : 434

PostSubject: Re: hmmmmm the quality of costumes was real low this year aye??   hmmmmm the quality of costumes was real low this year aye?? EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 12:31 pm

yeh meeee meeeee you look preeeedy.....

aye.. my dkrewe costume held up wonderfully.... alllllllllll my feathers on my headpiece held up well
Back to top Go down
saucy_diva

saucy_diva

Number of posts : 269

PostSubject: Re: hmmmmm the quality of costumes was real low this year aye??   hmmmmm the quality of costumes was real low this year aye?? EmptyWed Apr 29, 2009 6:56 pm

IP costumes looked dull because they were never photographed in brilliant sunlight unfortunately, the pics I have seen are all overcast or rained out.
Back to top Go down
mafiafran

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2010-08-29

PostSubject: Re: hmmmmm the quality of costumes was real low this year aye??   hmmmmm the quality of costumes was real low this year aye?? EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 2:57 am

hey guys i didnt mean everyones costumes were shoddy i meant the ones i seeing!!!

florence hotels
sports headline news
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: hmmmmm the quality of costumes was real low this year aye??   hmmmmm the quality of costumes was real low this year aye?? Empty

Back to top Go down

hmmmmm the quality of costumes was real low this year aye??
Page 1 of 1