the source of all your Carnival information!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the source of all your Carnival information!

discussing every and anything Carnival related

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog inBags by MimiBoots by Afro Chic
Latest topics
» WTS: SELL Apple iPhone 4s 32GB Unlocked
Carnival tights - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 8:19 am by shadow25

» Car Shipping Services
Carnival tights - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 12:24 am by Marishvcard

» 20110 world cup Carnival in Bangladesh
Carnival tights - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 3:13 pm by Marishvcard

» Unlocked Apple iPhone 4 32GB For Sale For $350usd
Carnival tights - Page 2 EmptySat May 07, 2011 8:53 am by mohad33

» in need of custom made indian/apache boots. please help asap :D
Carnival tights - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 10:57 pm by dhalpouriie

» PULSE 8 CARNIVAL 2K11 "OUT OF THE WOODS"
Carnival tights - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 12:44 am by kellyann7

» Post your costume wanted/costume for sale ads...
Carnival tights - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 4:55 pm by twiggy

» More than a carnival: Sweet fuh days!
Carnival tights - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 2:58 am by mafiafran

» Carnival Dreams...
Carnival tights - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 2:58 am by mafiafran

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
Quiche
Carnival tights - Page 2 I_vote_lcapCarnival tights - Page 2 I_voting_barCarnival tights - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
carnivalkrisdude
Carnival tights - Page 2 I_vote_lcapCarnival tights - Page 2 I_voting_barCarnival tights - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
mjsbunny
saucy_diva
Afro Chic
Black Cherry
socajunkie
Carnival Diva
Carnivaldivaz
browneyeztrini

Carnival tights

Go down 
+14
browneyeztrini
lulu
lawyergirl
Afro Chic
Quiche
carnivalkrisdude
dajewel1982
HQ
Voluptuous Masquerader
mjsbunny
Carnival Diva
saucy_diva
fruity
bajan
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
lulu

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Carnival tights - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Carnival tights   Carnival tights - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 25, 2008 4:48 pm

Kris, you're a true true gem! Anyone knows what "Chinese feathers" are used for? Wa kinda bird is dat??? Gonna google it...
Back to top Go down
browneyeztrini

browneyeztrini

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2008-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Carnival tights   Carnival tights - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 25, 2008 6:14 pm

Has anyone bought Carnival tights online? I saw Saucy's post from awhile back (Carnival Tights - Part 2) but I was wondering if anyone else has done it?
Back to top Go down
lulu

PostSubject: Re: Carnival tights   Carnival tights - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 25, 2008 7:01 pm

Hey Browneyeztrini,
I've ordered online from Hosieree.com(Vita Bassa 20). They were GREAT! No problems with the order, no problems with the tights. Also got a shade that was PERFECT for me! Good luck! And yes, I got the info from Saucy's post on Carnival tights.
Back to top Go down
Afro Chic
Admin
Afro Chic

Number of posts : 263
Registration date : 2008-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Carnival tights   Carnival tights - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 25, 2008 8:24 pm

lulu wrote:
Kris, you're a true true gem! Anyone knows what "Chinese feathers" are used for? Wa kinda bird is dat??? Gonna google it...

The Chinese feathers in Samaroo's look just like regualr phesant feathers, just that they more expensive.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bootsbyafrochic.com
carnivalkrisdude

carnivalkrisdude

Number of posts : 434

PostSubject: Re: Carnival tights   Carnival tights - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 25, 2008 9:33 pm

Carnival tights - Page 2 ChineseChevron

chinese feathers. wht they look like
Back to top Go down
saucy_diva

saucy_diva

Number of posts : 269

PostSubject: Re: Carnival tights   Carnival tights - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 25, 2008 10:42 pm

Kris dem is your feathers or what?? Are you the Individual for High Priest ?? Smile
Back to top Go down
carnivalkrisdude

carnivalkrisdude

PostSubject: Re: Carnival tights   Carnival tights - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 25, 2008 11:18 pm

saucy_diva wrote:
Kris dem is your feathers or what?? Are you the Individual for High Priest ?? Smile

I not sayin..... lol...... they wanted to see wht the chinese feathers looked like... i doh see how dem tings is 100 fuh one saucy
Back to top Go down
browneyeztrini

browneyeztrini

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2008-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Carnival tights   Carnival tights - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 26, 2008 1:13 am

lulu wrote:
Hey Browneyeztrini,
I've ordered online from Hosieree.com(Vita Bassa 20). They were GREAT! No problems with the order, no problems with the tights. Also got a shade that was PERFECT for me! Good luck! And yes, I got the info from Saucy's post on Carnival tights.

Thanks lulu! I'm gonna try them.
Back to top Go down
mjsbunny

mjsbunny

Number of posts : 355

PostSubject: Re: Carnival tights   Carnival tights - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 26, 2008 5:52 am

I just checked out that sight. There wasn't that much variety in the shades, so I guess I'll stick with my Micles tights. But I'll get my sister to buy me some from Samaroo's, so I could compare. Hmmm
Back to top Go down
http://mjsbunny.blogspot.com/
saucy_diva

saucy_diva

Number of posts : 269

PostSubject: Re: Carnival tights   Carnival tights - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 26, 2008 7:15 am

Samaroos and Micles have the SAME tights... SAME brand.. Samaroos is cheaper
Back to top Go down
mjsbunny

mjsbunny

PostSubject: Re: Carnival tights   Carnival tights - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 26, 2008 8:36 am

Eh heh? So Micles does just put it in their own bag and call them Micles tights? Ha Lord!
Back to top Go down
bajan

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2008-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Carnival tights   Carnival tights - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 26, 2008 8:41 am

What's the diff between carnival tights and carnival stockings? I see that the stockings are more expensive from Kris' price list (thanx for the prices, Kris).

Aother thing, does anyone know of a place to get tights for black people in London? I was looking in the summer time, but the darkest colour I found was for chinese people. I would love to have found some beofre I reach trini.
Back to top Go down
Quiche

Quiche

Number of posts : 514

PostSubject: Re: Carnival tights   Carnival tights - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 26, 2008 8:45 am

bajan wrote:
What's the diff between carnival tights and carnival stockings? I see that the stockings are more expensive from Kris' price list (thanx for the prices, Kris).

Aother thing, does anyone know of a place to get tights for black people in London? I was looking in the summer time, but the darkest colour I found was for chinese people. I would love to have found some beofre I reach trini.

tights like cycle shorts / leggings

stockings like .. pantyhose but less sheer and wid a bit of spandex
Back to top Go down
bajan

PostSubject: Re: Carnival tights   Carnival tights - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 26, 2008 8:47 am

Thanks Quiche
Back to top Go down
mjsbunny

mjsbunny

PostSubject: Re: Carnival tights   Carnival tights - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 26, 2008 9:00 am

Sadly, I don't live in London so I can't advise you about that. But if you have anyone at all in Trinidad who could buy some tights for you, I think you should go down that route.
Back to top Go down
KC

Number of posts : 20

PostSubject: Re: Carnival tights   Carnival tights - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 26, 2008 9:04 am

bajan wrote:

I have been using tights from a store in the UK called The Sock Shop (see link below). Though their tights are not as thick as the regular carnival tights, I've been able to get a perfect match. My shade is hazelnut and, I've been using them for years. Check it out and, I hope you get something that works for you.

http://www.sockshop.co.uk/products/43/index
Back to top Go down
Quiche

Quiche

PostSubject: Re: Carnival tights   Carnival tights - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 26, 2008 9:12 am

but when de british people say "tights" they mean stockings Laughing
Back to top Go down
mjsbunny

mjsbunny

PostSubject: Re: Carnival tights   Carnival tights - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 26, 2008 9:14 am

Indeed they do Quiche.

Those from sock shop look like regular tights I wear to work. I wouldn't trust them for the road because they look prone to easy snagging and laddering.
Back to top Go down
KC

Number of posts : 20

PostSubject: Re: Carnival tights   Carnival tights - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 26, 2008 10:34 am

mjsbunny wrote:
Indeed they do Quiche.

Those from sock shop look like regular tights I wear to work. I wouldn't trust them for the road because they look prone to easy snagging and laddering.

You're right mjsbunny, I did say that they're not as thick/strong as the regular carnival tights. The site was sent as reference.
Back to top Go down
bajan

PostSubject: Re: Carnival tights   Carnival tights - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 26, 2008 11:51 am

Maybe I've been living in UK too long, cuz I honestly was thinking about what u call 'stockings' when I started this thread- sorry!

Thanks for the British site, KC! I keep that store on standby if I can't find anything that's supposed to be stronger.

Lulu: Did your Vita Bassa tights stand up to the rigours of mas? Any runs, or tears? I'm considering sourcing some from Italy- can't find any UK based sites with them.
Back to top Go down
Quiche

Quiche

PostSubject: Re: Carnival tights   Carnival tights - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 26, 2008 12:00 pm

bajan wrote:
Maybe I've been living in UK too long, cuz I honestly was thinking about what u call 'stockings' when I started this thread- sorry!

Thanks for the British site, KC! I keep that store on standby if I can't find anything that's supposed to be stronger.

Lulu: Did your Vita Bassa tights stand up to the rigours of mas? Any runs, or tears? I'm considering sourcing some from Italy- can't find any UK based sites with them.

tights/ stockings .. get used interchangeble

just know de carnival tights (for women).. is de non -sheer stockings wid some stretch
carnival tights (for men) .. is cycle shorts/ knee-lenghth leggings? right kris , please God let it be Laughing
Back to top Go down
mjsbunny

mjsbunny

PostSubject: Re: Carnival tights   Carnival tights - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 26, 2008 12:13 pm

@Quiche- lol!
Back to top Go down
lulu

PostSubject: Re: Carnival tights   Carnival tights - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 26, 2008 1:04 pm

Bajan,
My stockings did get snagged on "someone". But I have absolutely NO behaviour, was doing some "acrobatics"!!! My friend however had the same ones and did not get any runs or tears. I already purchased my two stockings/tights for next year!
Back to top Go down
carnivalkrisdude

carnivalkrisdude

PostSubject: Re: Carnival tights   Carnival tights - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 26, 2008 7:10 pm

Quiche wrote:
bajan wrote:

tights/ stockings .. get used interchangeble

just know de carnival tights (for women).. is de non -sheer stockings wid some stretch
carnival tights (for men) .. is cycle shorts/ knee-lenghth leggings? right kris , please God let it be Laughing

YES Q....... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
boobs

boobs

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2008-09-21

PostSubject: Re: Carnival tights   Carnival tights - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 26, 2008 10:15 pm

I hate tights I wear that one year and I was stiffled, I ripped that shit off like 12!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Carnival tights   Carnival tights - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Carnival tights
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next