the source of all your Carnival information!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the source of all your Carnival information!

discussing every and anything Carnival related

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog inBags by MimiBoots by Afro Chic
Latest topics
» WTS: SELL Apple iPhone 4s 32GB Unlocked
Feathers!!! No wet fowls on the road for 2k9 =( EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 8:19 am by shadow25

» Car Shipping Services
Feathers!!! No wet fowls on the road for 2k9 =( EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 12:24 am by Marishvcard

» 20110 world cup Carnival in Bangladesh
Feathers!!! No wet fowls on the road for 2k9 =( EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 3:13 pm by Marishvcard

» Unlocked Apple iPhone 4 32GB For Sale For $350usd
Feathers!!! No wet fowls on the road for 2k9 =( EmptySat May 07, 2011 8:53 am by mohad33

» in need of custom made indian/apache boots. please help asap :D
Feathers!!! No wet fowls on the road for 2k9 =( EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 10:57 pm by dhalpouriie

» PULSE 8 CARNIVAL 2K11 "OUT OF THE WOODS"
Feathers!!! No wet fowls on the road for 2k9 =( EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 12:44 am by kellyann7

» Post your costume wanted/costume for sale ads...
Feathers!!! No wet fowls on the road for 2k9 =( EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 4:55 pm by twiggy

» More than a carnival: Sweet fuh days!
Feathers!!! No wet fowls on the road for 2k9 =( EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 2:58 am by mafiafran

» Carnival Dreams...
Feathers!!! No wet fowls on the road for 2k9 =( EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 2:58 am by mafiafran

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
Quiche
Feathers!!! No wet fowls on the road for 2k9 =( I_vote_lcapFeathers!!! No wet fowls on the road for 2k9 =( I_voting_barFeathers!!! No wet fowls on the road for 2k9 =( I_vote_rcap 
carnivalkrisdude
Feathers!!! No wet fowls on the road for 2k9 =( I_vote_lcapFeathers!!! No wet fowls on the road for 2k9 =( I_voting_barFeathers!!! No wet fowls on the road for 2k9 =( I_vote_rcap 
mjsbunny
saucy_diva
Afro Chic
Black Cherry
socajunkie
Carnival Diva
Carnivaldivaz
browneyeztrini

Feathers!!! No wet fowls on the road for 2k9 =(

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Bizzie Chic

Bizzie Chic

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Feathers!!! No wet fowls on the road for 2k9 =( Empty
PostSubject: Feathers!!! No wet fowls on the road for 2k9 =(   Feathers!!! No wet fowls on the road for 2k9 =( EmptyWed Sep 24, 2008 8:41 pm

Hello All,
In this day and age 98% of costumes contains feathers. Being a 'Bird" or a "Heavenly" masquerader we bound to have feathers. cheers
Have any of you waterproofed your feathers before? If so, please share your results and product information pleaseeee. Saucy has a FAQ on this topic, but the link does not have the actual product shown http://www.trinidadcarnivaldiary.com/2007/10/waterproofing-feathers-experiment-2.html

Thanks Bloggers!!! Smile
Back to top Go down
bajan

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2008-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Feathers!!! No wet fowls on the road for 2k9 =(   Feathers!!! No wet fowls on the road for 2k9 =( EmptyWed Sep 24, 2008 9:04 pm

Has anyone tried weatherproofer for fabric shoes? I was thinking to try that cuz it worked on my boots with a fur cuff.
Back to top Go down
mjsbunny

mjsbunny

Number of posts : 355

PostSubject: Re: Feathers!!! No wet fowls on the road for 2k9 =(   Feathers!!! No wet fowls on the road for 2k9 =( EmptyThu Sep 25, 2008 5:35 am

I've seen saucy's post on that, and I'm going to be looking for some of that myself. Is risky business playing in all these feathers you know. I find this should be included in the goodie bag, since the theme is birds!
Back to top Go down
http://mjsbunny.blogspot.com/
saucy_diva

saucy_diva

Number of posts : 269
Registration date : 2008-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Feathers!!! No wet fowls on the road for 2k9 =(   Feathers!!! No wet fowls on the road for 2k9 =( EmptyThu Sep 25, 2008 6:04 am

I used the Fletch Dry powder, but it did not rain this year (great!). I will be using it again next year just in case it does rain again. When it rained last year (2007) the feathers of hubby's Warrior Spirit headpiece dried funny not to mention the red ran on the white feathers. The plumes however dried back nice anf fluffy but the dye also ran on people's faces!
Back to top Go down
browneyeztrini

browneyeztrini

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2008-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Feathers!!! No wet fowls on the road for 2k9 =(   Feathers!!! No wet fowls on the road for 2k9 =( EmptyThu Sep 25, 2008 10:39 am

saucy_diva wrote:
I used the Fletch Dry powder, but it did not rain this year (great!). I will be using it again next year just in case it does rain again. When it rained last year (2007) the feathers of hubby's Warrior Spirit headpiece dried funny not to mention the red ran on the white feathers. The plumes however dried back nice anf fluffy but the dye also ran on people's faces!

Saucy, did you order Fletch Dry from a website or did you buy it in a local store?
Back to top Go down
Bizzie Chic

Bizzie Chic

Number of posts : 46

PostSubject: Re: Feathers!!! No wet fowls on the road for 2k9 =(   Feathers!!! No wet fowls on the road for 2k9 =( EmptyThu Sep 25, 2008 10:17 pm

saucy_diva wrote:

Saucy, did you use the one shown in the link or the one on the site (black label on bottle)? I am sure they are the same....
Back to top Go down
saucy_diva

saucy_diva

Number of posts : 269
Registration date : 2008-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Feathers!!! No wet fowls on the road for 2k9 =(   Feathers!!! No wet fowls on the road for 2k9 =( EmptyThu Sep 25, 2008 10:43 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Feathers!!! No wet fowls on the road for 2k9 =(   Feathers!!! No wet fowls on the road for 2k9 =( Empty

Back to top Go down

Feathers!!! No wet fowls on the road for 2k9 =(
Page 1 of 1