the source of all your Carnival information!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the source of all your Carnival information!

discussing every and anything Carnival related

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog inBags by MimiBoots by Afro Chic
Latest topics
» WTS: SELL Apple iPhone 4s 32GB Unlocked
Makeup for d road EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 8:19 am by shadow25

» Car Shipping Services
Makeup for d road EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 12:24 am by Marishvcard

» 20110 world cup Carnival in Bangladesh
Makeup for d road EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 3:13 pm by Marishvcard

» Unlocked Apple iPhone 4 32GB For Sale For $350usd
Makeup for d road EmptySat May 07, 2011 8:53 am by mohad33

» in need of custom made indian/apache boots. please help asap :D
Makeup for d road EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 10:57 pm by dhalpouriie

» PULSE 8 CARNIVAL 2K11 "OUT OF THE WOODS"
Makeup for d road EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 12:44 am by kellyann7

» Post your costume wanted/costume for sale ads...
Makeup for d road EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 4:55 pm by twiggy

» More than a carnival: Sweet fuh days!
Makeup for d road EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 2:58 am by mafiafran

» Carnival Dreams...
Makeup for d road EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 2:58 am by mafiafran

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
Quiche
Makeup for d road I_vote_lcapMakeup for d road I_voting_barMakeup for d road I_vote_rcap 
carnivalkrisdude
Makeup for d road I_vote_lcapMakeup for d road I_voting_barMakeup for d road I_vote_rcap 
mjsbunny
saucy_diva
Afro Chic
Black Cherry
socajunkie
Carnival Diva
Carnivaldivaz
browneyeztrini

Makeup for d road

Go down 
+4
mimi
browneyeztrini
saucy_diva
JayBee
8 posters
AuthorMessage
JayBee

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Makeup for d road Empty
PostSubject: Makeup for d road   Makeup for d road EmptySun Sep 28, 2008 6:20 pm

For those of you who do your own makeup for carnival, what are some of the products you use for the two days on the road and swear by?

In terms of water proof makeup, my top picks are Laura Mercier waterproof mascara and Revlon Colorstay eyeliner.

Since I have oily skin I am yet to find a foundation or power that stands the test of Carnival i.e. after level jamishness I dont look like I just rubbed Vaseline all over my face. Now I don’t expect to look matt but... maybe its my technique, i dunno... scratch
Back to top Go down
saucy_diva

saucy_diva

Number of posts : 269
Registration date : 2008-09-17

Makeup for d road Empty
PostSubject: Re: Makeup for d road   Makeup for d road EmptySun Sep 28, 2008 6:45 pm

Swear by Revlon Color Stay foundation, Makeup Forever Fixing Spray, Blotting Sheets and the secret weapon.. MILK OF MAGNESIA used as a primer. Hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
browneyeztrini

browneyeztrini

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2008-09-23

Makeup for d road Empty
PostSubject: Re: Makeup for d road   Makeup for d road EmptySun Sep 28, 2008 7:34 pm

1. Make Up For Ever aqua cremeliner. It withstood a water truck for 2 hours at joubert, 8 hours on the road & 30 min of me trying to get it off!

2. Make Up For Ever eye seal: turns any liner/eyeshadow into a waterproof one.

3. Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion

4. MAC Face Primer with SPF 50: I've used this & a tinted moisturizer to even out my face. My face tends to get irritated with too much foundation on it.
Back to top Go down
mimi

mimi

Number of posts : 69

Makeup for d road Empty
PostSubject: Re: Makeup for d road   Makeup for d road EmptySun Sep 28, 2008 7:37 pm

JayBee wrote:
For those of you who do your own makeup for carnival, what are some of the products you use for the two days on the road and swear by?

In terms of water proof makeup, my top picks are Laura Mercier waterproof mascara and Revlon Colorstay eyeliner.

Since I have oily skin I am yet to find a foundation or power that stands the test of Carnival i.e. after level jamishness I dont look like I just rubbed Vaseline all over my face. Now I don’t expect to look matt but... maybe its my technique, i dunno... scratch

Hi Jaybee I have the same problem, but i'm going to try a make up artist this yr, but revlon color stay is good though u should try that. there is also a Sacha setting powder(its white and costs about 40somthing TT) that you can use that makes your foundation stay on for hrs.
Back to top Go down
http://www.carniaddicts.blogspot.com
JayBee

Makeup for d road Empty
PostSubject: Re: Makeup for d road   Makeup for d road EmptyMon Sep 29, 2008 8:32 pm

hmmm... Milk of Magnesia as a primer, will def give this one a try along with the Revlon Colorstay foundation to combat the shine... thanks guys

A good cheap trick: when using loose pigments as eyeshadow, to make the colour pop and to give it a bit of lasting power, mix it with a drop of Visine. It makes the application smooth, and since the Visine turns the pigment into sort of a liquid, with the right brush u can draw lines and be more creative.

Makeup for d road Swatch11

on the left is the loose pigment applied by itself and on the right with the Visine… (camera doesn’t do it justice, but u get the idea)
Back to top Go down
Quiche

Quiche

Number of posts : 514

Makeup for d road Empty
PostSubject: Re: Makeup for d road   Makeup for d road EmptyTue Sep 30, 2008 1:18 am

JayBee wrote:
hmmm... Milk of Magnesia as a primer, will def give this one a try along with the Revlon Colorstay foundation to combat the shine... thanks guys

A good cheap trick: when using loose pigments as eyeshadow, to make the colour pop and to give it a bit of lasting power, mix it with a drop of Visine. It makes the application smooth, and since the Visine turns the pigment into sort of a liquid, with the right brush u can draw lines and be more creative.

on the left is the loose pigment applied by itself and on the right with the Visine… (camera doesn’t do it justice, but u get the idea)

does it work with red? Laughing
Back to top Go down
JayBee

Makeup for d road Empty
PostSubject: Re: Makeup for d road   Makeup for d road EmptyTue Sep 30, 2008 2:38 am

does it work with red? Laughing[/quote]

lol! @ Quiche... well i suppose it may turn it clear (kidding)
Back to top Go down
browneyeztrini

browneyeztrini

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2008-09-23

Makeup for d road Empty
PostSubject: Re: Makeup for d road   Makeup for d road EmptyTue Sep 30, 2008 12:49 pm

Quiche wrote:
JayBee wrote:

does it work with red? Laughing

Make Up For Ever's Eye Seal does the same thing...but literally makes it waterproof..
Back to top Go down
Afro Chic
Admin
Afro Chic

Number of posts : 263

Makeup for d road Empty
PostSubject: Re: Makeup for d road   Makeup for d road EmptyTue Sep 30, 2008 9:05 pm

You could also do the same thing with Sacha's Fix-It spray (which is just witch hazel and water btw). Spray it on the eye shadow brush/applicator and dip it in the colour.

Colour is more vibrant and last longer.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bootsbyafrochic.com
JayBee

Makeup for d road Empty
PostSubject: Re: Makeup for d road   Makeup for d road EmptyWed Oct 01, 2008 6:15 pm

Afro Chic wrote:
You could also do the same thing with Sacha's Fix-It spray (which is just witch hazel and water btw). Spray it on the eye shadow brush/applicator and dip it in the colour.

Colour is more vibrant and last longer.

will def. try this as well
Back to top Go down
Afro Chic
Admin
Afro Chic

Makeup for d road Empty
PostSubject: Re: Makeup for d road   Makeup for d road EmptyMon Nov 03, 2008 8:00 pm

How many of you get your makeup professionally done?

Do you do it yourself?

What ideas do you have for your costumes?

What's your inspiration?
Back to top Go down
Quiche

Quiche

Makeup for d road Empty
PostSubject: Re: Makeup for d road   Makeup for d road EmptyTue Nov 04, 2008 12:39 am

question .. too wunna make-up people

how often do u have to "touch-up"?
Back to top Go down
saucy_diva

saucy_diva

Number of posts : 269

Makeup for d road Empty
PostSubject: Re: Makeup for d road   Makeup for d road EmptyTue Nov 04, 2008 7:57 am

How many of you get your makeup professionally done?
I got mine professionally done for the first time on Carnival Tuesday this year and will be doing it again on Carnival Tuesday for 2009.
Do you do it yourself?
In the past I have done it myself and on Carnival Monday this year I also did it myself using the Color Pro instant makeup.

What ideas do you have for your costumes?
I am thinking outstanding eyes but not too much as the costume is already SO much Very Happy

What's your inspiration?
Feathers and bling!!
How often do u have to "touch-up"?
I did a touch up at lunch time when we stopped in the park. Only reapplied some powder and lip gloss the eyes were perfect. On the road I just blot with the oil absorbent sheets.
Back to top Go down
Afro Chic
Admin
Afro Chic

Makeup for d road Empty
PostSubject: Re: Makeup for d road   Makeup for d road EmptyTue Nov 04, 2008 8:33 am

Feathers and bling for your makeup? Hmmm... scratch

I'm torn between going all out/dramatic with my makeup or keeping it nice and elegant like the costume.

I'm leaning toward dramatic eyes with bling and a simple lip gloss or something.
Back to top Go down
Afro Chic
Admin
Afro Chic

Makeup for d road Empty
PostSubject: Re: Makeup for d road   Makeup for d road EmptyWed Nov 05, 2008 7:30 pm

Nice for Tanager...

Makeup for d road Makeup-110308-side2
Back to top Go down
Quiche

Quiche

Makeup for d road Empty
PostSubject: Re: Makeup for d road   Makeup for d road EmptyWed Nov 05, 2008 8:29 pm

how come u ain't brek up de eyebrows? lol
Back to top Go down
triniannie82

triniannie82

Number of posts : 48

Makeup for d road Empty
PostSubject: Re: Makeup for d road   Makeup for d road EmptyWed Nov 05, 2008 9:20 pm

Afro Chic wrote:
Nice for Tanager...

Wish I could get that look @ home...but what going on with her eyebrow??? Suspect Suspect
Back to top Go down
babydoll

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Makeup for d road Empty
PostSubject: Re: Makeup for d road   Makeup for d road EmptyThu Nov 06, 2008 2:09 pm

How do you upload pics i'm having a hard time.
Back to top Go down
Afro Chic
Admin
Afro Chic

Makeup for d road Empty
PostSubject: Re: Makeup for d road   Makeup for d road EmptyThu Nov 06, 2008 3:25 pm

Click on the "image" button which is the 7th button from the left, put in the url for the pic and click "ok"
Back to top Go down
Quiche

Quiche

Makeup for d road Empty
PostSubject: Re: Makeup for d road   Makeup for d road EmptyThu Nov 06, 2008 7:46 pm

triniannie82 wrote:
Afro Chic wrote:
Nice for Tanager...

Wish I could get that look @ home...but what going on with her eyebrow??? Suspect Suspect

cheers
pays attention to details Laughing
Back to top Go down
triniannie82

triniannie82

Number of posts : 48

Makeup for d road Empty
PostSubject: Re: Makeup for d road   Makeup for d road EmptyThu Nov 06, 2008 8:34 pm

Afro Chic wrote:
Nice for Tanager...

Clump-free mascara, ppl!!! Or @ least invest in an eyelash comb!!! Neutral
Back to top Go down
Afro Chic
Admin
Afro Chic

Makeup for d road Empty
PostSubject: Re: Makeup for d road   Makeup for d road EmptySat Nov 08, 2008 4:44 pm

Her eyebrows really kinda jacked up for real.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Makeup for d road Empty
PostSubject: Re: Makeup for d road   Makeup for d road Empty

Back to top Go down

Makeup for d road
Page 1 of 1