the source of all your Carnival information!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the source of all your Carnival information!

discussing every and anything Carnival related

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog inBags by MimiBoots by Afro Chic
Latest topics
» WTS: SELL Apple iPhone 4s 32GB Unlocked
Your feelings about the stage or lack there of! EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 8:19 am by shadow25

» Car Shipping Services
Your feelings about the stage or lack there of! EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 12:24 am by Marishvcard

» 20110 world cup Carnival in Bangladesh
Your feelings about the stage or lack there of! EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 3:13 pm by Marishvcard

» Unlocked Apple iPhone 4 32GB For Sale For $350usd
Your feelings about the stage or lack there of! EmptySat May 07, 2011 8:53 am by mohad33

» in need of custom made indian/apache boots. please help asap :D
Your feelings about the stage or lack there of! EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 10:57 pm by dhalpouriie

» PULSE 8 CARNIVAL 2K11 "OUT OF THE WOODS"
Your feelings about the stage or lack there of! EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 12:44 am by kellyann7

» Post your costume wanted/costume for sale ads...
Your feelings about the stage or lack there of! EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 4:55 pm by twiggy

» More than a carnival: Sweet fuh days!
Your feelings about the stage or lack there of! EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 2:58 am by mafiafran

» Carnival Dreams...
Your feelings about the stage or lack there of! EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 2:58 am by mafiafran

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
Quiche
Your feelings about the stage or lack there of! I_vote_lcapYour feelings about the stage or lack there of! I_voting_barYour feelings about the stage or lack there of! I_vote_rcap 
carnivalkrisdude
Your feelings about the stage or lack there of! I_vote_lcapYour feelings about the stage or lack there of! I_voting_barYour feelings about the stage or lack there of! I_vote_rcap 
mjsbunny
saucy_diva
Afro Chic
Black Cherry
socajunkie
Carnival Diva
Carnivaldivaz
browneyeztrini

Your feelings about the stage or lack there of!

Go down 
+18
Afro Chic
Carnival Diva
Darkie-Ann
ms. hershey
Tanu
browneyeztrini
lulu
Canboulay
carnivalkrisdude
saucy_diva
Puppy Boy
Bizzie Chic
mjsbunny
socajunkie
*-»¦«-´¯`★rene★
dajewel1982
Quiche
babydoll
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
babydoll

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Your feelings about the stage or lack there of! Empty
PostSubject: Your feelings about the stage or lack there of!   Your feelings about the stage or lack there of! EmptyMon Sep 29, 2008 1:20 pm

Will this change your carnival experience any??
Back to top Go down
Quiche

Quiche

Number of posts : 514
Registration date : 2008-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Your feelings about the stage or lack there of!   Your feelings about the stage or lack there of! EmptyMon Sep 29, 2008 1:53 pm

silly me.. here I thought, the spotlight was wherever I was Laughing
Back to top Go down
dajewel1982

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2008-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Your feelings about the stage or lack there of!   Your feelings about the stage or lack there of! EmptyMon Sep 29, 2008 2:20 pm

it sucks!!!!!
Back to top Go down
*-»¦«-´¯`★rene★

*-»¦«-´¯`★rene★

Number of posts : 23

PostSubject: Re: Your feelings about the stage or lack there of!   Your feelings about the stage or lack there of! EmptyMon Sep 29, 2008 3:12 pm

yea for me cause i never experience the stage Mad
Back to top Go down
socajunkie

Number of posts : 182

PostSubject: Re: Your feelings about the stage or lack there of!   Your feelings about the stage or lack there of! EmptyMon Sep 29, 2008 3:47 pm

I miss the stage Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
mjsbunny

mjsbunny

Number of posts : 355

PostSubject: Re: Your feelings about the stage or lack there of!   Your feelings about the stage or lack there of! EmptyMon Sep 29, 2008 4:13 pm

I do not know a single person who has crossed that stage, who likes 'mas on the streets' despite what the Ministers trying to tell us. NOBODY likes it. EVERYBODY wants the stage. Steups. They start building that thing yet nuh?
Back to top Go down
http://mjsbunny.blogspot.com/
Quiche

Quiche

PostSubject: Re: Your feelings about the stage or lack there of!   Your feelings about the stage or lack there of! EmptyMon Sep 29, 2008 4:20 pm

how long dis stage is...sorry ...was , Laughing
Back to top Go down
mjsbunny

mjsbunny

Number of posts : 355

PostSubject: Re: Your feelings about the stage or lack there of!   Your feelings about the stage or lack there of! EmptyMon Sep 29, 2008 4:22 pm

Eh? What kinda question is that? You never cross the stage Quiche? I feel let down by that, somehow!! Wink
Back to top Go down
http://mjsbunny.blogspot.com/
Bizzie Chic

Bizzie Chic

Number of posts : 46

PostSubject: Re: Your feelings about the stage or lack there of!   Your feelings about the stage or lack there of! EmptyMon Sep 29, 2008 4:28 pm

babydoll wrote:

Yes: Sad
*this is the highlight of your Carnival experience
* the excitement is hard to describe when the 'arm-locked' security personel is standing in front of you and everyone pouncing ready to get on (getting on like leggo-beast as they say)
*this is the time to showcase yourself in your section, in your band

No: Neutral
*I am not letting this hinder my Carnival experience
*I will make the best of it on the streets (but not the fore-shore) Carnival Monday & Tuesday
Back to top Go down
Quiche

Quiche

PostSubject: Re: Your feelings about the stage or lack there of!   Your feelings about the stage or lack there of! EmptyMon Sep 29, 2008 6:34 pm

mjsbunny wrote:
Eh? What kinda question is that? You never cross the stage Quiche? I feel let down by that, somehow!! Wink

my stage home in Barbados Razz

it too sweet Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Puppy Boy

Puppy Boy

Number of posts : 56

PostSubject: Re: Your feelings about the stage or lack there of!   Your feelings about the stage or lack there of! EmptyMon Sep 29, 2008 8:01 pm

I do miss it.....some of my fav memories are either ON stage or just before the stage....

Like the year 'footsteps' ruled the airwaves....i saw one woman get so excited to cross the stage with that song that she held onto her standard (yeah....they still had those things then.....where did they go???)....and COMPLETE SPLIT and bounce!!! The image is etched into my memory......*sigh*
Back to top Go down
saucy_diva

saucy_diva

Number of posts : 269

PostSubject: Re: Your feelings about the stage or lack there of!   Your feelings about the stage or lack there of! EmptyMon Sep 29, 2008 8:03 pm

That chunky lil stage in Barbados that fall dong? Bring back the STAGE!! I mean I ent go stop playing mas because there is not stage but dammit I miss it!
Back to top Go down
Quiche

Quiche

PostSubject: Re: Your feelings about the stage or lack there of!   Your feelings about the stage or lack there of! EmptyTue Sep 30, 2008 1:19 am

saucy_diva wrote:
That chunky lil stage in Barbados that fall dong? Bring back the STAGE!! I mean I ent go stop playing mas because there is not stage but dammit I miss it!

hhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy now

it's not elevated anymore Razz
Back to top Go down
saucy_diva

saucy_diva

PostSubject: Re: Your feelings about the stage or lack there of!   Your feelings about the stage or lack there of! EmptyTue Sep 30, 2008 7:18 am

Quiche wrote:
saucy_diva wrote:

A FLAT stage ?? is it road level now?
Back to top Go down
carnivalkrisdude

carnivalkrisdude

Number of posts : 434

PostSubject: Re: Your feelings about the stage or lack there of!   Your feelings about the stage or lack there of! EmptyTue Sep 30, 2008 9:39 am

i does get all teary eyed whenever i passin by d savannah now. i miss that thing so much.
Back to top Go down
Canboulay

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2008-09-21

PostSubject: Re: Your feelings about the stage or lack there of!   Your feelings about the stage or lack there of! EmptyTue Sep 30, 2008 11:29 am

inna nutshell is rell shit.......ah almost finish wit a blog piece on it.......but is rell shit
Back to top Go down
http://carnivalmanlaws.wordpress.com/
lulu

Number of posts : 15

PostSubject: Re: Your feelings about the stage or lack there of!   Your feelings about the stage or lack there of! EmptyTue Sep 30, 2008 11:54 am

Mas will NEVER be the same without a STAGE!!! BRING IT BACK!!! That being said, I will jus have to make do...
Back to top Go down
saucy_diva

saucy_diva

PostSubject: Re: Your feelings about the stage or lack there of!   Your feelings about the stage or lack there of! EmptyTue Sep 30, 2008 12:16 pm

The problem is the proposed replacement for the Savannah Stage, and the reason why the stage was demolished in the first place is at a standstill.. no work is going on.. in fact the original plans have been scrapped. If the Government were on target with all their promises we would have been jumping up in the new Carnival Centre in 2009!
Back to top Go down
browneyeztrini

browneyeztrini

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2008-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Your feelings about the stage or lack there of!   Your feelings about the stage or lack there of! EmptyTue Sep 30, 2008 12:47 pm

saucy_diva wrote:
The problem is the proposed replacement for the Savannah Stage, and the reason why the stage was demolished in the first place is at a standstill.. no work is going on.. in fact the original plans have been scrapped. If the Government were on target with all their promises we would have been jumping up in the new Carnival Centre in 2009!

It's almost like they gave that option so that no one would protest the stage coming down but had no plans on actually doing it in the first place!
Back to top Go down
Tanu

Tanu

PostSubject: Re: Your feelings about the stage or lack there of!   Your feelings about the stage or lack there of! EmptyTue Sep 30, 2008 1:00 pm

I totally enjoyed my only experience with the stage in 06. It was a wonderful thing.
Back to top Go down
ms. hershey

ms. hershey

Number of posts : 76

PostSubject: Re: Your feelings about the stage or lack there of!   Your feelings about the stage or lack there of! EmptyTue Sep 30, 2008 1:05 pm

I WANT BACK MUH STAGE!!!!! Evil or Very Mad there was NOTHING like crossing that stage after chippin' and enjoyin yuh carnival. this whole street business is WACK! i mean, i'm still gonna play my mas eh, but lawd knows i miss muh stage. Sad
Back to top Go down
Darkie-Ann

Darkie-Ann

PostSubject: Re: Your feelings about the stage or lack there of!   Your feelings about the stage or lack there of! EmptyTue Sep 30, 2008 2:05 pm

i still can't get over how the greatest carnival in the world has no stage to portray it's beauty.
Back to top Go down
http://www.charlottetrini.com
Carnival Diva

Carnival Diva

Number of posts : 135

PostSubject: Re: Your feelings about the stage or lack there of!   Your feelings about the stage or lack there of! EmptyTue Sep 30, 2008 5:10 pm

babydoll wrote:

IT already HAS changed carnival for me! steups....I doh even feel to put on ah costume anymore....
Back to top Go down
Quiche

Quiche

PostSubject: Re: Your feelings about the stage or lack there of!   Your feelings about the stage or lack there of! EmptyTue Sep 30, 2008 7:18 pm

saucy_diva wrote:
Quiche wrote:
saucy_diva wrote:

A FLAT stage ?? is it road level now?

it's in the Staduim , on de track..... slight incline .. and yuh dey
Back to top Go down
Afro Chic
Admin
Afro Chic

Number of posts : 263

PostSubject: Re: Your feelings about the stage or lack there of!   Your feelings about the stage or lack there of! EmptyTue Sep 30, 2008 8:57 pm

Barbados...stage...*snicker*
Back to top Go down
http://www.bootsbyafrochic.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your feelings about the stage or lack there of!   Your feelings about the stage or lack there of! Empty

Back to top Go down

Your feelings about the stage or lack there of!
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
the source of all your Carnival information! :: Talk Yuh Talk :: Bacchanal Central-
Jump to: