the source of all your Carnival information!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the source of all your Carnival information!

discussing every and anything Carnival related

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog inBags by MimiBoots by Afro Chic
Latest topics
» WTS: SELL Apple iPhone 4s 32GB Unlocked
Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good - Page 9 EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 8:19 am by shadow25

» Car Shipping Services
Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good - Page 9 EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 12:24 am by Marishvcard

» 20110 world cup Carnival in Bangladesh
Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good - Page 9 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 3:13 pm by Marishvcard

» Unlocked Apple iPhone 4 32GB For Sale For $350usd
Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good - Page 9 EmptySat May 07, 2011 8:53 am by mohad33

» in need of custom made indian/apache boots. please help asap :D
Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good - Page 9 EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 10:57 pm by dhalpouriie

» PULSE 8 CARNIVAL 2K11 "OUT OF THE WOODS"
Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good - Page 9 EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 12:44 am by kellyann7

» Post your costume wanted/costume for sale ads...
Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good - Page 9 EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 4:55 pm by twiggy

» More than a carnival: Sweet fuh days!
Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good - Page 9 EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 2:58 am by mafiafran

» Carnival Dreams...
Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good - Page 9 EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 2:58 am by mafiafran

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
Quiche
Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good - Page 9 I_vote_lcapWorkout Diary - Yuh look'n Good - Page 9 I_voting_barWorkout Diary - Yuh look'n Good - Page 9 I_vote_rcap 
carnivalkrisdude
Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good - Page 9 I_vote_lcapWorkout Diary - Yuh look'n Good - Page 9 I_voting_barWorkout Diary - Yuh look'n Good - Page 9 I_vote_rcap 
mjsbunny
saucy_diva
Afro Chic
Black Cherry
socajunkie
Carnival Diva
Carnivaldivaz
browneyeztrini

Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good

Go down 
+22
PassionFruit
alycat
yankee arima gyal
**D**
KC
mysti77
lovechild
Carnivaldivaz
boobs
saucy_diva
triniannie82
browneyeztrini
Island Soul
carnivalkrisdude
Afro Chic
mjsbunny
Breeze
socajunkie
ms. hershey
silverpatronus
Quiche
Black Cherry
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
ms. hershey

ms. hershey

Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good   Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good - Page 9 EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 12:37 pm

Black Cherry wrote:
ms. hershey wrote:
Black Cherry wrote:
ms. hershey wrote:
Black Cherry... what do you use for the incline oblique crunches?

I use a bench with adjustable decline positions. If you don't have access to a bench like that you can do them flat on the floor, knees bent in a 90 deg angle, right elbow to left knee, down, then left elbow to right knee.

coolio. thanks! i tend to use the thing at the gym that you lean yuh legs against and crunch down. i'll have to try the inclined bench though.

It sounds confusing but you will need a decline slant bench to do incline crunches/situps. Decline meaning where you lock your feet in on the bench is higher than surface where your head rests. This gives you a greater range of motion than a flat surface. Hope this makes sense.

nah, it's not cofusing at all. i actually use the incline bench for some of my ab work but i've never thought to do obliques on it. gonna try it today.

Tuesday 12/2 - ran 5 miles, ab work
Wednesday 12/3 - 45 spin class, ab work & deltoids
Today - 12/4 - run (trying to get to 7 miles today), light lifting and ab work.
Back to top Go down
Breeze

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2008-09-25

PostSubject: Re: Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good   Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good - Page 9 EmptyFri Dec 05, 2008 1:15 am

2 * 30 minute circuit training
Back to top Go down
socajunkie

Number of posts : 182
Registration date : 2008-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good   Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good - Page 9 EmptyFri Dec 05, 2008 3:31 pm

Dec 5

20mins elliptical
45mins treadmill
Back to top Go down
Black Cherry

Black Cherry

Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2008-09-26

PostSubject: Re: Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good   Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good - Page 9 EmptyFri Dec 05, 2008 4:18 pm

45min Spin
Back to top Go down
alycat

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-09-27

PostSubject: Re: Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good   Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good - Page 9 EmptySun Dec 07, 2008 7:02 pm

Ok, you ladies are "beasts" with ya workout regimen and I salute you. My workout regimen is a lot more tame that allyuh, but with 2 months to go and freezing ass weather, I figure I start posting also to keep me on track.

I workout mostly to stay healthy and fit, not to be skinny. BUt with 2 months t go before mas, I hav to step up my game. Year round I work out 3-4 times a week with a cardio kick boxing and martial arts( jujitsu). More recently I bought an ellitical trainer, to get me thru the cold days and lack of babysitting days.

I have been using it for at least 20 mins a day for 3 days out of the week.
my goal is to increase my time onthe elliptical to 45-60 minutes daily and 5 times a week. Continue intense hour and half bag class and now intriduce some treadmill, to build my stamina for the non-stop feteing and chipping.

so today
45 mins elliptical
Back to top Go down
Black Cherry

Black Cherry

PostSubject: Re: Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good   Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good - Page 9 EmptySun Dec 07, 2008 10:54 pm

alycat wrote:
Ok, you ladies are "beasts" with ya workout regimen and I salute you. My workout regimen is a lot more tame that allyuh, but with 2 months to go and freezing ass weather, I figure I start posting also to keep me on track.

I workout mostly to stay healthy and fit, not to be skinny. BUt with 2 months t go before mas, I hav to step up my game. Year round I work out 3-4 times a week with a cardio kick boxing and martial arts( jujitsu). More recently I bought an ellitical trainer, to get me thru the cold days and lack of babysitting days.

I have been using it for at least 20 mins a day for 3 days out of the week.
my goal is to increase my time onthe elliptical to 45-60 minutes daily and 5 times a week. Continue intense hour and half bag class and now intriduce some treadmill, to build my stamina for the non-stop feteing and chipping.

so today
45 mins elliptical

Welcome Alycat Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
Black Cherry

Black Cherry

PostSubject: Re: Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good   Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good - Page 9 EmptySun Dec 07, 2008 10:54 pm

Sat Dec 6th - 65 mins elliptical
Sun Dec 7th - 7.25 miles & 30 min circuit training
Back to top Go down
mysti77

Number of posts : 114
Registration date : 2008-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good   Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good - Page 9 EmptyMon Dec 08, 2008 6:02 am

7 Dec
30 mins cardio
weight training
Back to top Go down
socajunkie

PostSubject: Re: Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good   Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good - Page 9 EmptyMon Dec 08, 2008 3:48 pm

Dec 8
25 mins elliptical
45 mins treadmill
Back to top Go down
Black Cherry

Black Cherry

PostSubject: Re: Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good   Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good - Page 9 EmptyMon Dec 08, 2008 5:50 pm

Dec 8th - 1hr elliptical
You guys know working out to soca can increase your heartrate/pace and boost your calories burned?
Back to top Go down
socajunkie

PostSubject: Re: Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good   Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good - Page 9 EmptyTue Dec 09, 2008 9:28 pm

Black Cherry wrote:
Dec 8th - 1hr elliptical
You guys know working out to soca can increase your heartrate/pace and boost your calories burned?

BC you are so right that is all I workout too. It keeps me going. Razz
Back to top Go down
Quiche

Quiche

Number of posts : 514

PostSubject: Re: Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good   Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good - Page 9 EmptyTue Dec 09, 2008 9:29 pm

i'm getting there .. bought 2 10lbs wieghts today

lugging them around was today's workout Very Happy
Back to top Go down
socajunkie

PostSubject: Re: Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good   Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good - Page 9 EmptyTue Dec 09, 2008 9:31 pm

Quiche wrote:
i'm getting there .. bought 2 10lbs wieghts today

lugging them around was today's workout Very Happy

cheers
Back to top Go down
Quiche

Quiche

Number of posts : 514

PostSubject: Re: Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good   Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good - Page 9 EmptyTue Dec 09, 2008 9:38 pm

i knew u wud be proud Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Black Cherry

Black Cherry

PostSubject: Re: Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good   Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good - Page 9 EmptyTue Dec 09, 2008 11:58 pm

Tues Dec 9th - 1 1/2 hr weight training with P/T. Added some plyometric moves. Quick step ups on bench forwards (2 sets of 40 alternating left/right) and 2 sets of 40 side to side. My trainer also added cardio burn outs to today's session.....running uphill on the treadmill - max incline for 1 min sets after my squats and similiar burnouts on the upright stationary bike after my leg presses. Plenty of legs today plus my heart-rate was challenged with the cardio mixed in with the weights.
Back to top Go down
mysti77

PostSubject: Re: Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good   Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good - Page 9 EmptyWed Dec 10, 2008 1:23 pm

Black Cherry wrote:
Dec 8th - 1hr elliptical

I need some new soca... All I have on my ipod is stuff since 2005/2006!!
Back to top Go down
ms. hershey

ms. hershey

PostSubject: Re: Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good   Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good - Page 9 EmptyWed Dec 10, 2008 3:34 pm

for the past 2 days, my only workout has been moving furniture and cleaning my whole damn apartment now that it's been painted. hell, i actually think i got a good workout because my back, calves and arms are all sore. Sad
Back to top Go down
Black Cherry

Black Cherry

PostSubject: Re: Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good   Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good - Page 9 EmptyWed Dec 10, 2008 4:23 pm

Wed Dec 9th - 45min spin
Back to top Go down
Black Cherry

Black Cherry

PostSubject: Re: Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good   Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good - Page 9 EmptyWed Dec 10, 2008 4:25 pm

ms. hershey wrote:
for the past 2 days, my only workout has been moving furniture and cleaning my whole damn apartment now that it's been painted. hell, i actually think i got a good workout because my back, calves and arms are all sore. Sad

I know you are on top of your game plus it seems you were quit busy - no ground lost.
Back to top Go down
Black Cherry

Black Cherry

PostSubject: Re: Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good   Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good - Page 9 EmptyWed Dec 10, 2008 4:28 pm

mysti77 wrote:
Black Cherry wrote:
Dec 8th - 1hr elliptical

Wheyyyy! You can almost call some of your music 1/2 decade old! Saucy had a link to a Private Ryan mix a couple of months ago. You can always download that and add to your playlist.
Back to top Go down
Island Soul

Island Soul

Number of posts : 64

PostSubject: Re: Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good   Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good - Page 9 EmptyWed Dec 10, 2008 4:37 pm

Black Cherry wrote:
mysti77 wrote:
Black Cherry wrote:
Dec 8th - 1hr elliptical

Wheyyyy! You can almost call some of your music 1/2 decade old! Saucy had a link to a Private Ryan mix a couple of months ago. You can always download that and add to your playlist.

http://dbandit.mypodcast.com/200801_archive.html (precarnival mixes from this year)

http://dbandit.mypodcast.com/2008/09/SUMMER_FAST_SOCA_PODCAST_2K8-140784.html

http://dbandit.mypodcast.com/2008/09/SUMMER_SLOW_SOCA_PODCAST_2K8-140774.html

and http://www.socarevolution.com/ check the column down the righthand side of the site for mixtape downloads
Back to top Go down
socajunkie

PostSubject: Re: Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good   Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good - Page 9 EmptyWed Dec 10, 2008 11:28 pm

Dec 10
35 mins Treadmill
Back to top Go down
mysti77

PostSubject: Re: Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good   Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good - Page 9 EmptyThu Dec 11, 2008 6:57 am

LOL yall laugh!! I have very friends and family that always FORGET to bring me my parang and soca cds when they come to visit.

Thanks for the links Smile I do listen to newer stuff on toronto-lime but I can't figure out how to download it so it's not like i'm THAT out of date ya know Wink
Back to top Go down
ms. hershey

ms. hershey

PostSubject: Re: Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good   Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good - Page 9 EmptyThu Dec 11, 2008 3:00 pm

Black Cherry wrote:
ms. hershey wrote:

I know you are on top of your game plus it seems you were quit busy - no ground lost.

i'm trying to be. Saturday i have an african dance class that I can't wait to take. that will be a really nice workout & back to the grind on monday. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mysti77

PostSubject: Re: Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good   Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good - Page 9 EmptyThu Dec 11, 2008 5:51 pm

oh geez, meh body huttin meh. Gym tonight was a KILLER! The personal trainer upped the weights and I know this is going to be painful by Saturday!! Got to remember to drink tonnes of water!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good   Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good
Page 9 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 17  Next