the source of all your Carnival information!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the source of all your Carnival information!

discussing every and anything Carnival related

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog inBags by MimiBoots by Afro Chic
Latest topics
» WTS: SELL Apple iPhone 4s 32GB Unlocked
Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good - Page 12 EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 8:19 am by shadow25

» Car Shipping Services
Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good - Page 12 EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 12:24 am by Marishvcard

» 20110 world cup Carnival in Bangladesh
Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good - Page 12 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 3:13 pm by Marishvcard

» Unlocked Apple iPhone 4 32GB For Sale For $350usd
Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good - Page 12 EmptySat May 07, 2011 8:53 am by mohad33

» in need of custom made indian/apache boots. please help asap :D
Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good - Page 12 EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 10:57 pm by dhalpouriie

» PULSE 8 CARNIVAL 2K11 "OUT OF THE WOODS"
Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good - Page 12 EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 12:44 am by kellyann7

» Post your costume wanted/costume for sale ads...
Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good - Page 12 EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 4:55 pm by twiggy

» More than a carnival: Sweet fuh days!
Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good - Page 12 EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 2:58 am by mafiafran

» Carnival Dreams...
Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good - Page 12 EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 2:58 am by mafiafran

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
Quiche
Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good - Page 12 I_vote_lcapWorkout Diary - Yuh look'n Good - Page 12 I_voting_barWorkout Diary - Yuh look'n Good - Page 12 I_vote_rcap 
carnivalkrisdude
Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good - Page 12 I_vote_lcapWorkout Diary - Yuh look'n Good - Page 12 I_voting_barWorkout Diary - Yuh look'n Good - Page 12 I_vote_rcap 
mjsbunny
saucy_diva
Afro Chic
Black Cherry
socajunkie
Carnival Diva
Carnivaldivaz
browneyeztrini

Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good

Go down 
+22
PassionFruit
alycat
yankee arima gyal
**D**
KC
mysti77
lovechild
Carnivaldivaz
boobs
saucy_diva
triniannie82
browneyeztrini
Island Soul
carnivalkrisdude
Afro Chic
mjsbunny
Breeze
socajunkie
ms. hershey
silverpatronus
Quiche
Black Cherry
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Island Soul

Island Soul

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2008-09-17

Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good   Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good - Page 12 EmptyThu Jan 01, 2009 5:16 pm

Dec 31- Jan 1, 3 hours winin down and jumpin up at Country Club with every teenager on the island. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
socajunkie

Number of posts : 182

PostSubject: Re: Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good   Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good - Page 12 EmptySun Jan 04, 2009 2:37 am

ms. hershey wrote:
i've taken the past 3 weeks off (birthday, then the holiday & of course this week is New Year's) but somehow... i still managed to lose 4lbs.

go figure... lol

Happy Belated Birthday, and way to go on the lose cheers
Back to top Go down
socajunkie

PostSubject: Re: Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good   Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good - Page 12 EmptySun Jan 04, 2009 2:38 am

Island Soul wrote:
Dec 31- Jan 1, 3 hours winin down and jumpin up at Country Club with every teenager on the island. Rolling Eyes

lol!
Back to top Go down
Black Cherry

Black Cherry

Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2008-09-26

PostSubject: Re: Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good   Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good - Page 12 EmptyMon Jan 05, 2009 12:03 pm

Jan 3rd - 70 mins elliptical
Jan 4th - 6.5 miles and 40 min circuit training
Back to top Go down
ms. hershey

ms. hershey

Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2008-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good   Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good - Page 12 EmptyMon Jan 05, 2009 12:37 pm

Quote :
Good for you Ms Hershey. Does this mean you're back? I was getting kinda lonely in here!

girl, i'm back!!! i've been away too long, yuh company now reach! LOL i've been missing the gym like mad

i decided since i've been eating all measures of crap since my birthday, i'd kick things off with a 7-day cleanse. i'm on day one and feeling good. let's hope i don't chew my arm off by tomorrow. Laughing

Thanks for b'day wishes Soca Junkie!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mysti77

Number of posts : 114
Registration date : 2008-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good   Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good - Page 12 EmptyMon Jan 05, 2009 4:59 pm

I've been SLACKING bigtime. I'm going to start back on the diet tomorrow (it's already night here so that's why I say tomorrow and not today) and gym as well.

ms. hershey - what's the 7-day clense?

anyone trying to lose weight as well as tone up, build stamina? And if so, how much weight you aiming to lose between now and Carnival?

I still have between 10 and 15 pounds to lose but I fear I can't do that much as I've been losing only about a pound a week.
Back to top Go down
PassionFruit

PassionFruit

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2009-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good   Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good - Page 12 EmptyMon Jan 05, 2009 5:12 pm

I am looking at dropping another 15 to 20 lbs by Carnival. That gives me 6 weeks (I know, Carnival is in 7 but I will be down there in 6). I am doing the Michael Thurmond 6 Day Body Makeover diet which is amazing - last time I did it (a couple of years ago) I dropped 20 lbs in 6 weeks, and that was even with some cheating involved and NO EXERCISE.

This time I am also hitting the gym for cardio and weights to tone up and build my stamina. Just started back this past weekend but I have been doing it on and off since December 16th. Since then, I have dropped 7 lbs, and that is with Christmas and New Years fetes involved. I'm 5'2" and want to go down to 125 - 130 lbs.

Of all the diet programs I have done (and let's face it, there have been a ton over my 43 years of life!) this is the most effective because you have to evaluate your body type and weight loss/gain history through a simple 30 question survey, to determine your body type, which is then your guide as to what to eat. The weight melts away. My sister is on it too and although she is much lighter than I am to start with, she drops weight on it like crazy.

The book is available in bookstores but there is also a website.
http://www.mybodymakeover.com/default.aspx?sid=6c833ee31727494f8ae9d1f7ce297d60&cc=cd

The book is called "6 Day Body Makeover" by Michael Thurmond.

And the good thing about it is that you are never hungry, but you do have to commit to eating every 3 hours - which can get tedious sometimes.
Back to top Go down
ms. hershey

ms. hershey

PostSubject: Re: Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good   Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good - Page 12 EmptyMon Jan 05, 2009 5:21 pm

mysti77 wrote:
I've been SLACKING bigtime. I'm going to start back on the diet tomorrow (it's already night here so that's why I say tomorrow and not today) and gym as well.

ms. hershey - what's the 7-day clense?

anyone trying to lose weight as well as tone up, build stamina? And if so, how much weight you aiming to lose between now and Carnival?

I still have between 10 and 15 pounds to lose but I fear I can't do that much as I've been losing only about a pound a week.

it's a cleanse program that i got from the healthfood store i frequent. nothing too spectacular but it consists of a tea called "Tea of Life" (has a ton of vitamins/minerals in it), colon cleanse pills (they work WONDERS), a supplement called "Ruby Reds" (contains extracts from a ton of vegetables & fruits) and fruits and salads. of course, plenty water.

i started it today and i must say, i'm still full from my salad at lunch. i've got some broccoli, spinach, zucchini & carrots planned for dinner today and i'm set. cheers
Back to top Go down
socajunkie

PostSubject: Re: Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good   Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good - Page 12 EmptyMon Jan 05, 2009 5:59 pm

Jan 4
30 mins elliptical
30 mins treadmill

Jan 5
20 mins elliptical
30 mins treadmill
and abs
Back to top Go down
Black Cherry

Black Cherry

PostSubject: Re: Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good   Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good - Page 12 EmptyMon Jan 05, 2009 6:49 pm

ms. hershey wrote:
Quote :
Good for you Ms Hershey. Does this mean you're back? I was getting kinda lonely in here!

girl, i'm back!!! i've been away too long, yuh company now reach! LOL i've been missing the gym like mad

i decided since i've been eating all measures of crap since my birthday, i'd kick things off with a 7-day cleanse. i'm on day one and feeling good. let's hope i don't chew my arm off by tomorrow. Laughing

Thanks for b'day wishes Soca Junkie!!! Very Happy

Happy belated to you!
Thank goodness I haven't missed a day through the entire season. Even Xmas morning I worked out before the kids got up. I would like to lose 5lbs but I hate to diet. I will give up Starbucks, cut back on portion sizes and perhaps add an additional cardio session 3 times per week and that should do it (that should burn an additional 1500 calories per week). I am already pretty lean as it is but to accentuate I may take a 10 water pill just before carnival. Oh and squats, squats and more squats. No stockings or tights for this girl!
Back to top Go down
Black Cherry

Black Cherry

PostSubject: Re: Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good   Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good - Page 12 EmptyMon Jan 05, 2009 6:50 pm

Jan 5th - 1 hr elliptical. I'm really paying attention to my heart rate in order to maximize my workouts and to burn the most calories.
Back to top Go down
mysti77

PostSubject: Re: Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good   Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good - Page 12 EmptyTue Jan 06, 2009 10:23 am

thanks PassionFruit and ms. hershey.

going to look into these ideas, the belly MUST GO! Smile

Back to top Go down
Breeze

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2008-09-25

PostSubject: Re: Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good   Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good - Page 12 EmptyTue Jan 06, 2009 5:47 pm

Like mysti77 and PassionFruit I'm aiming for 20 in these last weeks. I know it's possible! I've been eating really well.
Beginning this evening, I'll be increasing the cardio - that always works for me, circuit training too.
Back to top Go down
Black Cherry

Black Cherry

PostSubject: Re: Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good   Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good - Page 12 EmptyTue Jan 06, 2009 6:06 pm

Tue Jan 6th - 1 hr weight training w/PT.

Good luck to all - I know it's crunch time (literally). Isn't this exciting. Just a reminder - You need a net deficit of 3,500 calories for every 1lb of weight loss. Just be safe in your attempts to loose the weight. You doh want to pass out come Carnival Tuesday!
Back to top Go down
PassionFruit

PassionFruit

PostSubject: Re: Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good   Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good - Page 12 EmptyTue Jan 06, 2009 9:16 pm

Today is a rest day for me, bit I am down another pound to 147! 17 more to go Smile

Tomorrow, manual treadmill for 40 mins, and then legs again. Oiy!
Back to top Go down
mysti77

PostSubject: Re: Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good   Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good - Page 12 EmptyWed Jan 07, 2009 5:59 am

Black Cherry wrote:
Just a reminder - You need a net deficit of 3,500 calories for every 1lb of weight loss. Just be safe in your attempts to loose the weight. You doh want to pass out come Carnival Tuesday!

This is what I'm doing, 500 cals less per day for 1lb loss a week.
Back to top Go down
ms. hershey

ms. hershey

PostSubject: Re: Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good   Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good - Page 12 EmptyWed Jan 07, 2009 3:43 pm

Jan 6th- 1 hr, spin class (i absolutely LOVE spin!) & 20min. elliptical
Back to top Go down
triniannie82

triniannie82

Number of posts : 48

PostSubject: Re: Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good   Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good - Page 12 EmptyWed Jan 07, 2009 5:07 pm

Lost 2lbs.
Only 10 more to go.
What a Face
Back to top Go down
Black Cherry

Black Cherry

PostSubject: Re: Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good   Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good - Page 12 EmptyThu Jan 08, 2009 12:21 am

6 mile run & a mini weight session
Back to top Go down
Black Cherry

Black Cherry

PostSubject: Re: Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good   Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good - Page 12 EmptyThu Jan 08, 2009 12:23 am

ms. hershey wrote:

I do too... I get the best cardio from running though but it's taking a toll on my knees so spinning and the elliptical it is most of the time.
Back to top Go down
ms. hershey

ms. hershey

PostSubject: Re: Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good   Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good - Page 12 EmptyThu Jan 08, 2009 1:35 pm

Black Cherry wrote:
ms. hershey wrote:

I do too... I get the best cardio from running though but it's taking a toll on my knees so spinning and the elliptical it is most of the time.

yeah, running had jacked up my knees for a while too so i had to find something else to get the same burn. i need good knees for mas! Laughing

yesterday i did 20 min on the stair master & 35 min on the elliptical along with ab work.
Back to top Go down
Black Cherry

Black Cherry

PostSubject: Re: Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good   Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good - Page 12 EmptyThu Jan 08, 2009 1:53 pm

Seems like IP wants the fittest set of masqueraders on de road. They are starting their "Fit to Play" program which includes spinning, personal training and aerobics....wow. I'm impressed. With that said off to my workout!
Back to top Go down
Black Cherry

Black Cherry

PostSubject: Re: Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good   Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good - Page 12 EmptyThu Jan 08, 2009 1:55 pm

ms. hershey wrote:
Black Cherry wrote:
ms. hershey wrote:

yeah, running had jacked up my knees for a while too so i had to find something else to get the same burn. i need good knees for mas! Laughing

yesterday i did 20 min on the stair master & 35 min on the elliptical along with ab work.

Girl, I am supposed to run the 1/2 marathon (13.1 miles) in the Houston next weekend. I'm really considering whether I want to or not. I need full knee function beginning Feb 18th.
Back to top Go down
PassionFruit

PassionFruit

PostSubject: Re: Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good   Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good - Page 12 EmptyThu Jan 08, 2009 7:05 pm

Great workout here. Today I did 30 mins on the treadmill, 30 mins on the elliptical, 40 mins upper body weight training, 15 mins treadmill and 15 minutes walking to and from picking up the kids from the school bus. Oh, and I also walked through the snowy field to the gym (but that was just the 10 minute warmup)

Diet is dialed in too. Not skipping any meals and I'm getting all my H2O in. Yay!
Back to top Go down
socajunkie

PostSubject: Re: Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good   Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good - Page 12 EmptyThu Jan 08, 2009 10:18 pm

PassionFruit wrote:
Great workout here. Today I did 30 mins on the treadmill, 30 mins on the elliptical, 40 mins upper body weight training, 15 mins treadmill and 15 minutes walking to and from picking up the kids from the school bus. Oh, and I also walked through the snowy field to the gym (but that was just the 10 minute warmup)

Diet is dialed in too. Not skipping any meals and I'm getting all my H2O in. Yay!

cheers Great Workout cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good   Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good - Page 12 Empty

Back to top Go down

Workout Diary - Yuh look'n Good
Page 12 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17  Next